General Pants Co Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Energetic, Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 October 2018
I would arrive at the store half an hour before opening. First thing the team would do is check the store that it is clean and acceptable for opening. We would then have a Team Meeting about our stores Target and KPIs. Management would give every body a section of the store that we would have to maintain its appearance and help any customer. Once the store was open out primary goal was customer service. I would approach a customer offer my help, tell them about the sale we had on that day and then give them space to look around. When they did want my assistance i would ask them what they were looking for and would give them a couple of option and try to up sell something else that matches. In between customer i would clean and place any stock that needed to be taken out to the shop floor. Once the opening hours were finished, Management would count the tills while the others cleaned the store so it was spotless for the next day.
Management were great, we were well trained. They were very friendly and kind. They made the workplace fun which then showed on the stores performance. The hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, it was small so it got cluttered quickly. The best part of the job was the fun we had, every one wanted to be there so there was a lot of enthusiasm and energy which made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small store
good
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 May 2018
love the job gives a great opportunity to work your social skills and develop new skills for future purposes. Also allows me to work in a fast paced environment and get things done on time.
good
Believes in a good work culture, but falls short with mediocre management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW20 November 2017
Job security doesn't quite exist, the only really way i can describe it is as a revolving door. Discounts are good, and the pay is excellent, but variety in staff members is very limited.
Pros
Discounts and pay
Cons
Management and shift designation
Very disciplined workplace, high energy required to work here!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC16 April 2017
Very unrealistic targets set for each employee, this work place focuses on profit rather than the customer. With training, I learnt how to approach customers in a friendly manner, but the true underlying reason for this was to make profit and up sell everything which I don't think is very important, working in a clothes store should be about fashion, not trying to squeeze every dollar from a customer to complete profit target!!!!
Pros
Meeting new and amazing people
Cons
Expensive clothes with a medeocre staff discount
Good company but not enough hours to share for all workers
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Good retail company to work for however not enough hours are given to ground level sales assistant workers. Therefore some workers are favored more than others and get more working hours while others may miss out
The best moments were when customers called back .
Customer Service and retail sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia4 April 2012
Relaxed environment, proactive staff. Each staff was capable of being a manager or more in the company. The company was good I felt they could have reached more genre's if they broaden its approach. Also no advertising everything was word of mouth, people knew of the brand through various locations.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
needed to broaden its appeal to other markets