General Pants Co Management reviews

They could care less for your mental health
Management /Sales/Visual merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2019
Very unprofessional business don’t be fooled by the look of this company or it’s brands and “friendly” fake employees. They won’t last nor will there cheap quality ill fitting clothing.

Don’t work here I’m saying this for your own quality of life and mental well being, which they absolutely DO NOT care for!!!!

Oh and the pay is non negotiable & below minimum wage for a full time position. Absolutely not worth your time and energy, there are way better opportunities and companies out there to work for.

The role advertised was very misleading and when it comes to the interview they lie and fool you into believing what the role actually entails, which is far from what your expectations are off of the interview stage to the actually role.

I could keep going but my time and energy is obviously not worth it!!
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
A lot
Energetic, Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 October 2018
I would arrive at the store half an hour before opening. First thing the team would do is check the store that it is clean and acceptable for opening. We would then have a Team Meeting about our stores Target and KPIs. Management would give every body a section of the store that we would have to maintain its appearance and help any customer. Once the store was open out primary goal was customer service. I would approach a customer offer my help, tell them about the sale we had on that day and then give them space to look around. When they did want my assistance i would ask them what they were looking for and would give them a couple of option and try to up sell something else that matches. In between customer i would clean and place any stock that needed to be taken out to the shop floor. Once the opening hours were finished, Management would count the tills while the others cleaned the store so it was spotless for the next day.
Management were great, we were well trained. They were very friendly and kind. They made the workplace fun which then showed on the stores performance. The hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, it was small so it got cluttered quickly. The best part of the job was the fun we had, every one wanted to be there so there was a lot of enthusiasm and energy which made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small store
Believes in a good work culture, but falls short with mediocre management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW20 November 2017
Job security doesn't quite exist, the only really way i can describe it is as a revolving door. Discounts are good, and the pay is excellent, but variety in staff members is very limited.
Pros
Discounts and pay
Cons
Management and shift designation
Great team, terrible management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 September 2017
Working for General Pants, the team is fabulous. The parties are great. BUT Sometimes General Pants wouldn't pay me for overtime. When questioned why, apparently they "didn't have enough money to do so"
Pros
People who work there
Cons
Management don't care about staff
Fun environment, good people, work progression
3IC (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2017
Good place to work from first job to management positions. Flexible work life balance. Team incentives throughout the year, great work and social team life.
Pros
good music
Cons
fun place good working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA 600011 March 2016
great management, fun staff awesome customers, good vibes, good discount, easy work, new trends, good flexability, great opertunities
Energetic Workplace
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA7 March 2016
Management was friendly and approachable, co-workers were helpful, hardworking and fun to be around. Work was varied with many different sales goals and target to keep everyone on their toes
Fun working with clothes!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney31 July 2015
Energetic and upbeat working environment with great support from management. Building strong bonds with co-workers! Key focuses are customer service and experience. Providing training and the right skills to easily reach sales targets! Overall really fun environment!
Pros
Great staff benefits and discounts
Cons
not seeing the day light in the center.
Fun work place.
Wharehousing (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 March 2014
Busy most times
Learnt the insides and outs of Warehousing
Management made it an enjoyable work place
Hardest part to it was when it got quite
Most enjoyable part was smashing out targets
Pros
Worked with clothing and shoes. Enjoyable work area
Cons
Casual work, some days we had no work