Genesis Health and Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Genesis Health and Fitness Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
By far the best job I have ever had since I began working. I love all of my colleagues, they are funny and always awesome to work with. I couldn't ask for a better job at this point
great enviroment , great work mates. managment was a big downfall.

ground team worked better managing themselfs instead of having supervisor coming down every 20 mins to give a pep talk then complain about how not enough is done when he is the one taking up our time.

no communication was allowed , even if you were helping someone out they would see it as conversation and you would get into trouble.
Pros
great nutritinal advice and good pay
Cons
managment
Great place to work, friendly and helpful staff. Always enjoyed meeting new people and encouraging them in their journeys of improving their health and fitness.
Great place to work with friendly and helpful staff. Loved meeting and interacting with members and encouraging them along their journeys to better health and fitness
Things have changed since i left there for the better. Management was OK how ever experienced a lack of hours during my stay there and there is constantly a big change in staff
A positive, busy and inspirational environment, motivation and to encourage motivation is the key. developing a comradere with clients is an essential.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
tedious admin
deal with members and potential clients regularly
proper sales technique and training on how to help customers

lots of extra hours come month end close out

fun fast paced environment with lots of room for improvement
this company is a great place to work with the environment and the co-workers. the gym has many opportunities for new or even better skills that can be learned from this place.
Pros
allowed to have a training session when you would like
Cons
no cons
Having been a member with the gym before becoming employed I was looking excited and thrilled to get the opportunity to work for a company and franchise in which I hit many personal goals.

My biggest wish was to help others feel motivated and good enough to get out there and start feeling fit and healthy.
Pros
Co-workers and free gym membership
Cons
Management were very slack with upkeep of equipment
sales, customer service, calls, i learned great skills on sales which i have never done before, hardest part was being a numbers game, but i loved chatting to the members and learning about their lives
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Genesis Health and Fitness?
Great place to work lots of fun despite being very busy with targets to hit. The best part of the job is the management they are a pleasure to work with. The most challenging was hitting sales targets every month, but we succeeded.
The environment is such a positive one. Great people.

Flexible with hours. Great work structure. Fun place to work.

Only left due to moving interstate and was too far to travel.
Learnt so many new skills and experiences that I will continue to move forward with into the future. Change is important for personal growth and mental growth too
I love working there because I get to meet new people and get to be in an active and friendly environment! I suggest to everyone to sign up to Genesis!
I have been in the fitness industry for 28 years and loved it! First starting out as cleaner and progressed to owning a gym. Loved talking to people and seeing them achieve their goals.

My role involved phoning, cold calling, warm calling, following up. Starting people on there health and fitness journey as a Senior Membership Consultant.
Pros
Free gym membership for myself and daughters
Cons
a lot of phoning.
A typical day was going in and going off a list cold calling people to try and get gym memberships. My co-workers where just that o-workers. Management was just about making sales.

Cold calling, sales job. Mostly just on the phone all day, except when showing people around the gym.
Cons
My experience at Genesis was great as it was my first full-time job. The struggles I had were the hours of the day I was working. Being 1pm - 9pm Monday - Friday. Im a dancer and do enjoy going to dance classes. All dance classes are on at night time so I could never go to any. This is why I left and am in need of a day job, still preferably full-time. I learnt even more about costomer service and handing complaints. Having the skill to be able to talk to our older members to then mingling with the younger generation. As I was the first person the members would see as they walked into the gym, my personality and personer was extremely important. I would always be happy, greet people with a smile and ask them how their day is going. I loved the job because i'm a very social person, bubbly & enjoy giving fantastic service.
Pros
the great members, relationships i built.
Cons
the set hours in the spesific part of the day i had to work.