Genesys Employee Reviews

Stressful, unpredictable work environment
Not available (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CA11 July 2019
The work environment is micro-managed by the venture capital owners. "Goalposts" are constantly changing, along with available budgets and budget reporting requirements. Lots of unnecessary overhead in a job that should be a lot more simple than it is.
Excelente equipo
Business Developer - Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires21 June 2019
Excelente equipo, muy buen clima laboral
Se trabaja intensamente
Se disfruta trabajar en esa empresa
Toxic/Does not care for employees
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 June 2019
A typical day is working your cases, taking calls, and keeping your head down. We are supposed to work priority customers first. With a manager who can go off at any moment.

While we are expected to help over 300 companies we have few set guidelines. They have poor management and poor management/ employee balance. For instance, they have management (who do not work the job (take cases or calls if in Support) over 3 employees?? Additionally, my manager is rarely working (at least for us) and just shoves off work she should do onto her employees. The manager does not respond most times, does not care for you reaching out (even when it is an escalation), and changes their mind often for no reason.

We support the customer is software, databases, etc. but often have to help with the customer's environment (even though this is not our job per them) and we sometimes get in trouble for doing what they asked us to do with another customer. We take calls and cases that we often have to self prioritize. We are asked (forced) to work off hours with no compensation (as this is our JOB per them) but this is normally things that could have been handled in the day as it is review of cases, etc. I have MANY comp days and time I could never take as she would say oh you took that or not right now.

The workplace culture is toxic and difficult. Do not have an 'alternate lifestyle' or be different as they will ride you till you leave. You will be the first to get 'let go' as well. My manager has made it more than plain that she does not like non hetro people and forced most to quit. I myself
  more... have been discriminated against.

Dealing with management and the constant changes are the hardest part.

I like our clients and having a challenging day.
Pros
Paycheck (it is lower than average)
Cons
Bad management, moving jobs overseas, closing offices, loading down the current employees
Friendly with patients
Medical Billing & Coder (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI12 June 2019
*Made payments & deposits with ICD-9-CM, CPT, and DRG coding
*Receive charts for correct admits/discharged dates, and performed proper surgery dates
* Coded inpatient, outpatient, observation, and diagnostic ancillary
Good company
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CA8 June 2019
Generous, good work/life balance, etc. A global company in many countries, very diversified. But it's moving resources to local cost areas like Indian.
Senior Manager, Corporate Taxes (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN4 June 2019
I would not recommend Genesys as a good employer. Culture, work life balance and communication are all very poor. They preach that these are all important however I've never seen in my twenty years anything like it. Employees are leaving at a quick pace because of it.
great place to work
Senior Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN31 January 2019
The job is hands off. The team was goal oriented; although, I had a specific task to complete in a limited time. my team and I made it happen and the genesys worked with us and gave as much latitude as allowed and then some. everyone was tech there and assisted if you needed regardless.
Pros
cafeteria with cooks making food to order
Cons
limited parking
fantastic company to work. good culture and excellent cooperation.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL22 January 2019
A typical day at work is to answer questions from clients about doubts and configuration regarding the Genesys` software.
We have access to all documents and manuals so we can dig in those documents in order to found out an answer.
Buen ambiente laboral
Consultor SAP FI (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana31 December 2018
Todo excelente, buen ambiente de trabajo, aprendizaje continuo bajo la jefatura asignada
Stressful, very little opportunities for face to face interaction with staff.
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE24 December 2018
Very stressful and didn't allow for face to face interaction except for once per year. Overall did not support employee growth. I appreciated working remotely but would have liked the opportunity to work more with other Genesys employees.
Pros
Remote, independence, salary good
Cons
No promotions, very little face to face
Only left to go back to school
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI23 December 2018
This is a great company to work for. The staff is supportive and helpful. Continuing education is encouraged. There is always room for advancement in your career. No micromanagement. Opportunities for overtime. Would have never left this company had I not chose to go back to school in order to advance my Nursing career.
Great internship experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CA17 December 2018
Had an amazing experience interning here. Learned a lot and got to work with many great and experienced people. Management is keen to listen to everyone's ideas and feedback.
Pros
You learn a lot and do a lot, but it doesn't feel like work. Great working environment.
Cons
Pay is not bad, but could be better.
Program Internships
Works Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN16 December 2018
The internship is through Genesys Works do you have to be a current High school students or alumni to get this specific opportunity. This program gives the intern an opportunity to work in an IT environment.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
N/a
Great technology, leader in the market
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Virtual office7 November 2018
management is lacking leadership since they are all new. culture is not there and does not promote any kind of collaboration but definitely plays favorites with high performers. i enjoy working form home but if there was an office closer to my home, I would come in to have more face time with co-workers
Pros
work from home, flexible hours
Cons
manager is new, I'm new and i have no confidence in getting help
Great Sales Culture and Vision
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 October 2018
Awesome experience working at Genesys. Great culture and vision with solid value sales plays. Having fun and making money!

Friendly and helpful across the organization. New and fresh!
Pros
Great market, open culture, great leadership
Cons
Some cloud products immature, sales cycles long with strategic decisions that do not happen in 90 days, especially with Fortune 500 accounts.
très bonne entreprise
Consulting Sales Director Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Issy-les-Moulineaux (92)1 October 2018
Très bonne entreprise, de nombreux avantages.
.....
Pros
Beaucoup d'avantages sociaux
Cons
Aucun
Micromanaged and no work/life balance
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 August 2018
There is no work/life balance and employees are expected to be available to management 24/7. Immense struggle between CA and Indianapolis teams. CA team constantly creates conflict and unnecessary drama to attempt to belittle the new service center when most issues stem from CA operations.
Cons
No work/life balance
Good Company
Manager-Bulk Division (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO6 August 2018
I enjoyed the management and the culture. A great Company would recommend it highly to anyone in the Kansas City area. Thye have great growth allowing for growth of Staff
Cons
It's a nice place to work.
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CA22 July 2018
Employees are allowed to work on their own. Managers are available for questions. It's a nice work atmosphere and employees are trusted by their managers to get the work done.
Pros
My manager supported me and trained me on some tasks.
Cons
The salary was a bit low.
Genesys follows the next shiny new ball
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA10 July 2018
Burlington Engineering was part of the old SoundBite company that was bought by Genesys 5 years ago. we held onto a lot of the same culture and day to day as it was before.

Genesys buys new companies and whatever the buzzword of that company sells (for SoundBite it was outbound calling).. that's the next big thing and they follow it with their budget... right now its AI..

Most of the interaction with other groups within Genesys are hard to talk to and political. it's very hard to ingratiate yourself into the Russian upper levels in Engineering, as a woman its doubly so.

The Burlington crew were like family. but honestly.. I'd much rather be gone then left behind. Genesys has laid off over half the staff in the Burlington office in the past year. it's become desolate and not a happy place to go anymore. I hear the Chennai office expanding to another floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesys. Our community is ready to answer.