Genworth
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Genworth Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
I've really enjoyed my time at Genworth. We are currently working on a few things that will make it even better, updating Technology specifically.

It's a smaller organisation and people genuinely, for the most part, seem to enjoy the culture and environment.

I like that the company has a strong "giving back" mantra as well as a focus on health and well-being" promoting various sports and activity programmes.

It also strives hard to provide work life balance for all employees.
Pros
Autonomous, friendly, professional, good work life balance
Great Place to work

Work-life balance is just right.

Friendly staff and management

A lot of opportunities to progress

Work is challenging and exciting
Decent pay package depending on how well you negotiate it. Good benefits.

It is a place where you need to be doing far too mich work for very little reward. The management is not appreciative of good work and show lack of respect towards subordinates. Too many managers in this place, reason being lack of career advancement. Company doesn't spend a lot on your professional growth.

Caution: The HR department can't be trusted with confidentiality! So watch it if you want to give an honest feedback! It won't end in a good experience. It is a highly hierarchical organisation.
Pros
Good benefits, Avg work life balance depends on teams
Cons
Hierarchical culture, long hours, highly limited growth. Master-slave culture.
Genworth is a fun place to work, we work hard and the company works hard to make it fun and interesting. I work with some great people and have had some great opportunities whilst working here.
Pros
We do catering really well
Overall a positive working experience. The culture allowed for flexible work/life balance etc. Although I did enjoy the roles I came across at Genworth, there are further avenues I wish to explore going forward.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Career Progression
Great place to work, have had a good experience and love the people I work with, great atmosphere.
Pros
Great place to work overall
Cons
Conservative culture could be a pro or con depending on person
Great place to work, Engaged Senior Leaders, Decisions can be slow
I worked for Genworth for just over a year as a Team Leader as did 2 others. In the final 8 months of my time there, all 3 Team Leaders working under our manager left. There is no work life balance regardless of the "policy". I stayed for my staff, who I miss.

The amount of emails received daily was incredible. I was away sick for 2 days and came back to 168 emails. The focus is expected to be on upper management and not on the staff. As a Team Leader, I found that hard. Without the staff, the company would come to a grinding holt.