George Weston Foods

24: George Weston Foods Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Low pay, repetitive, factory work.

Generally a good working environment besides the few unfriendly staff. Depending on the task, the work is fast paced, hot, and monotonous. Developed carpal tunnel as a result of the work and had to leave after only a few months.

Pros

Free Bread

Cons

Very hot environment

Okay to work for.

Strict standards for safety of workers. The pay can be very good for the right position. In my experience Admin. could be a bit slow at getting back to me if there was a problem.

Collaborative team

Good place to work. Nice and friendly team. Always ready to help others. Manager are always helpful. Longer lunch break and give some tea breaks would increase work performance and team bonding

Pros

Free bread

Cons

30 mins lunch break - not long enough to have a relaxed lunch

Busy collaborative workplace. Good people.

Good environment to develop numerous business skills. People are accommodating with how a complex, multi state, daily fresh supply chain operates. The bread must get out type business culture.

If you’re not in, you’re out.

Typical factory work. Early hours, repetitive, mundane tasks. But the HR and company culture is one of the worst I have encountered in any business. Promotions given to non-union members only, and anyone willing to “play the game” and throw their workmates under the bus. Management are wonderful at shifting blame, and the casual staff are considered as no-nothing inconveniences, so are inadequately trained.The only reason I worked there for as long as I did, is because it’s difficult to find full-time employment in my area.

Overloaded with work from my manager and l worked very hard. They promised me a Company car that never eventuated. l enjoyed the meetings with food.

Excellent Company policies and procedures. Excellent Computer system. Improved these while l was employed there. Good benefits. Good renumeration. Good training. Offices in need of upgrading. Good staff communication.

A very people friendly work place

have found eveyone no matter who tend to look out for each other. making it a very good and safe work place. When you know some one has your back.The management is very accommodating in relation to time off and or family requirements.

Good job

Work was good and fair and you had to deal with public and help with any issues they had with the product so lots of different challenges from day to day.

Needs Improvement

Like every company GWF has it's positives whether that be excellent personnel in certain positions etc. Not withstanding that for this role in particular Area Sales Manager Tip Top it has a lot of drawbacks. You will manage a team of merchandisers who commence work anywhere from 04:30-0600 who's point of contact is yourself who will start 0800 onwards. Expect 4/5 mornings to be woken up by one of these merchandisers. Note you will never be acknowledged either with time in leui or gratitude for fixing issues with your team .. expect to work a full 7.6 hours after.. There is absolutely no personal development , nil , nada, zilch You will however spend countless hours doing safety training... Over and over and over again. In leiu in most part for getting trained on anything. A classic response from will be they won apologise for wanting a safe environment ( which is fair) but it's so over the top. Field sales Managers are redundant and dont do anything sales like apart wrist slapping exercises for arbitrary box ticking . On whether you have a bin of whatever the random flavour of the week is regardless whether it sells or not in that store.. Targets aren't specific or rely on local knowledge. Rather scattergun approach to targeting.

Pros

Free bread.

Cons

Long hours, limited team bonding.

It is a challenging environment.

As I stated above it is sometimes a challenging environment to work in staff shortages and the expectancy to perform with little or no gratitude or reward. There is a diverse range of cultures which is one part of the company that is good although there is also the language barrier at times which is probably not addressed as well as it could be.

Pros

Pay check

Cons

Not a healthy environment.

Awesome workplace

I have worked in GWF for over 3 years now and this is an awesome place to work. Great Management team and excellent work life balance. They surely provide great career progression opportunities too !

Pros

Excellent Work life Balance

Cons

Hard on pay raises

typical day at work

nothing can ever be planned as company direction and senior management aren't aligned . great bunch of people to work with makes all the difference...

Culture and engagement was poor

Engagement was non existent. A lot of unhappy people. Managers did not care about their people. Work/life balance was good I enjoyed working with the people there

Productive work area

I worked with a great bunch of people and was very proud to lead them to success while i was there. a very fast paced environment that exceeded the level of quality and safety everyday

Very busy line production, especially in winter

Pleasant working environment and efficient management, it is a seasonal industry, need to 24 hours rotating shift in some production lines to meet the market needed

like the job

i like the job there but its just such a long way from my home town thats why i am working and studdying at the same time to give my self a better changes to get full time work in my home town that can pay me the same type of money or better to get payed better money that at geroge weston foods with out haveing to drive over 100 km here day would be a big +

Good company to be educated on food distribution and technology production and forward planning.

George Weston Foods ( Don smallgoods) I started work from 7.30am visiting a pre scheduled client customer base. The client base consisted of both Foodservice and Retail, most clients would be under a group heading like Countrywide, NAFDA or CFA or completely independent. Retail, Metcash mainly consisted of Super IGA and Foodworks. I learned that all the client base had something different and unique to offer and therefore their needs and wants were different. Understanding this made one thing stand out good listening skills. The hardest part of the job was driving in all conditions and all areas from metro Melbourne to Country Vic. The most enjoyable part of the job was a good solid foundation with my customer base, this resulted in good sales, good communication and trust with their business.

Pros

Good Communication from senior management.

Cons

Quality of product, out of stocks.

good company to work for.

20 Years with the one company says it all. Good conditions,friendly enviroment, Good wage. Variety of different trucks,and variety of runs.

Friendly staff and supporting environment to always strive to improve and go further

I previously worked as an Administration Coordinator with George Western Foods. This role required me to create reports, coordinate program guidelines, update/chase/manage/locate invoices using SAP and Carbon Systems within the Health, Safety and Environment Department.

Pros

Free bread everyday

A fantastic work place in my early- middle years

Stimulating work place with good management and direction, Focus on customer building and growing sales, team very important, red tape grew and politics increased then it became difficult, but change is for the better.

Pros

good management, autonomy

Cons

Sales became secondary

Fun and flexible place to work.

It's a very flexible place to work. They are very accommodating of their employee needs, and make sure the employees are happy. Also a very fun and friendly group of people. Love working at George Weston Foods

Pros

Free meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Weston Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare George Weston Foods with