Georgiou Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Georgiou Group Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Dealing with mostly government infrastructure and road projects. Great team environment and job satisfaction.
Interesting projects and constant problem solving applied.
Poor work ethic with employees.
Poor onsite management.

Inexperienced supervisors

Bad culture throughout.

Drug affected people onsite.

If you speak out you are victimised.
Easy working culture.Excellent Supervisors.Management helpful support.HR department also outstanding.Would like to recommed anyone to work with Georgiou.You won't regret.
Family owned firm that has grown to a multi-state Organisation. Much of the family feel has gone over time but has been replaced with some good support systems to assist those who work there. Great team to work with and the support services are also willing to help. Would definitely recommend it to others.
Great national company to work with. All policy and procedures strictly adhered to, safety always a priority. Accommodation and administration staff alway helpful.
The people are amazing and understanding, I've learned so much and they have been patient when teaching me.
The management is so great and the family is absolutely gorgeous.

The hardest part of the job is the fast pasted nature and occasionally some difficult customers.
I worked with Georgiou on many different projects, ranging from mining camps, hospitals, retail, commercial office space to residential. Great company to work with and plenty of promotions within the company.
George are an amazing company to work for. I enjoyed every moment being part of the contract at Spring Gully, ROMA, QLD. To be a part of this contract building dams was invaluable experience
Pros
wonderful people, like one big family
Cons
the contract ended
Enjoyed workplace and work mates but work was casual. Had to wait around for work to come in on different sites which made every day like it was your last. A typical day was driving a truck which I enjoyed. Learnt new skills such as operating a loader.
Pros
Car pooled
Cons
Great hours 7am till 4.30pm
recomended and great company to work with.
If have any problems they are quick to rectify it.

All machinery in good operating condition.
Pros
free lunch wen have tool box meetings
Cons
Company introduce themselves as the best people to work with. This is so far from the truth it is unreal. Lads on the ground and general site people are ok. However the Senior Managers based out of Perth are a bunch of two faced hypocrites. All they were interested in is their annual bonuses. All I can say is ' never again'.
Pros
Guys on the ground
Cons
Very poor senior management.
This company has many fantastic workers in a number of disciplines all with skills and knowledge to complete works of great standard.
Pros
Fellow workers and safety attitude
Cons
ongoing works
11.5hr days 3 weeks on one week off.FIFO Co workers were good people.Loved being outdoors.Management had their favourites.
Pros
People i worked with
Cons
Two Faced Management
mixed types of contracts from mining high wall stabilisation ,bulk earthworks and main roads work.
some of the work force was kept on from previous contracts and were not up to the task.

management was very hands on
Pros
interesting work
Cons
bad break scedules
Georgiou are a great company to work with. They are a family owned considerable sized construction company ($700m / year turnover) and have a great work life balance culture in practice.

A company that is not scared to invest in its people through technology, ongoing development and training and continuous support.
good job every day is different , working in trenches , digging in wet ground with pumps , craning kibbles , working around live services .
Georgiou is well organized and has established procedures to reduce risk and increase safety on the work site, as well as create an atmosphere of teamwork. There seems to be a lot of opportunity to grow and learn within the company. Georgiou has the resources the employees need to make work easy and efficient. Though all of safety procedures take extra time, they really create a safety culture that reduces the number of incidents, big or small.
during my time with Georgiou I found that the company was very supportive and willing to help. my co-workers were a great bunch of individuals who made coming to work each day worthwhile. working away from home on a 4 on 1 off could become unbearable at times but this was made so much easier with the willingness to help attitude from management. I would recommend working with Georgiou on a whole as a very satisfying experience.
Pros
very family orientated always willing to assist workers with problems during the life of the project
Cons
hourly rate for working in the country for long periods not very good.
have learned a lot more with the older operators who have been in the industry for over 30 years..every day is about learning something new.. management are nice.. with a good aptitude towards family.the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get left alone to do what I have to do with out being constantly dragged away
Pros
learning
Cons
not full time work
12 hour shift went fast due busy schedule
working with a big group of people taught me tolerance of various aspects.

Management kept smooth running of administration

Co-workers worked in cooperation with each other

Nothing to report on hardest part of job as it was a hard job and I knew that when I accepted the job.

Most enjoyable was when end of shift took me home
Pros
Good work ethic and christmas parties
Cons
Nothing to report on this
The Review summary says it all. The only regret was there was no new North West construction contracts that the Company managed to win a contract on so life as a contractor moves on.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgiou Group. Our community is ready to answer.