Geoscience Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Geoscience Australia Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
Through effective management and leadership the staff and my co-workers worked in a very friendly, professional and cohesive environment. There was great opportunities for learning and development. I would highly recommend a position at Geoscience Australia.
Having had 2 contracts with Geoscience Australia. I have very much enjoyed working for them. Staff on all levels are fantastic. Very helpful and approachable
- Manage Assets Database, Support users with hardware / software issues, Set up and configure computers, move computers, diagnose hardware / software issues. Organise repairs.
- I've learned working in APS environment

- Management were professional and productive

- Most co-workers were committed to the betterment of the Agency

- The hardest part of the job was opening boxes when large orders of computers were received.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was to support customers and leave them satisfied with my work and assistance provided. Seeing results
Pros
Flexible hours of work
Cons
Not enough work
Most days were repetitive such as preparing samples, searching for a small mineral called Zircon which is used for dating. I learnt many processes involved in extraction of Zircons from 20kg of rock without getting any contamination between samples as one small speck of dust can put that sample at risk. Unfortunately permanent positions are very rare, and cant have future plans on such short contracts. I have been employed over a period of 3 years on contract stints, Thanks to the public service protocols, as my last stint was for 1 year and I had an excellent history with no contamination and jobs completions before time, My job was advertised and because I froze at the interview, resalted I came second in the interview so I lost my job. This is so unfair to the person the has a fantastic work ethic. My co-workers were great to work with, they were great at working as a team and fantastic on a friendly basis. I found the hardest part of the job was to avoid contamination between samples. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on field trips, as I got to see the country side and accomplish different tasks.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geoscience Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3