GetUp
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GetUp Employee Reviews

Australia3 reviews
Pros: Exciting, meaningful work, smart supportive colleagues, good salaries and benefits

Cons: Little room for advancement, short-term contracts, extremely long hours, poor management, "us and them" mentality between junior and senior staff.
Morning stand up for 30 minutes to allocate everyone's tasks for the day.
Prioritizing tasks, such as translation, maintain personal relationship with volunteers, update data in database, confirm with Chinese medias about advertisement.

After work stand down for us to report back and organize tasks for tomorrow in advance.

The management was fabulous since everyone was crystal clear about what to do and whom should we collaborate with.

The hardest part of the job is keeping focus on multi-task and deadlines. Notes were in absolute need when to list tasks and prioritize them. Sometimes it was too busy and intense so that soft copy, hard copy, and short term memory were simultaneously in demand.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment. As well as the multicultural working environment, beer in Friday afternoons. I had a valuable experience and made friends with all of the colleagues, even though I was the only English as second language speaker.
Pros
fun, multicultural working environment
Cons
extended working hour and intense working schedule
a typical day at work included research and analysis about the city and helping the mayor become elected. Learned a lot about campaigns and thankful for the experience.