Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ghanda Clothing Employee Review

Disgusting Company

11 December 2019
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
9 January 2021
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) - Geelong VIC
I absolutely love working for Ghanda. Have worked in store and in the online area. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a job where there is always something to do, even in the quieter times you are able to set shift/daily goals to achieve, management are always supportive or listen if you have concerns and if you aren’t afraid of a little hard work there are so many opportunities to experience all facets of the retail industry.
Pros
Job satisfaction, Staff discount, Community feel
Cons
10 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
25 May 2020
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
Typical day, you were expected to work alone without proper breaks. Management is terrible and unorganised, always flipping back on what they say. Not enjoyable at all
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. Please feel free to email support@ghanda.com with any further feedback to help us do better in the future.
15 March 2020
retail assistant (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
very good work environment, the company takes a lot of care for each employee. slow paced for majority of the year until the busy seasons come along and then its very fast paced. a lot of customer service is needed.
8 January 2021