Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ghanda Clothing Employee Review

horrible

16 November 2020
i really thought Ghanda was a good store to work for. but I was wrong. i believe all business have to make you sign something even as a casual. Ghanda did not. i never signed anything to say I was employed with the company which to me is a very big red flag. i got very minimal training when I first started which I felt is very wrong to throw employees into such a fast paced job. management is horrible as they have hired people that cannot do their job properly. and there isn't much structure at all to each day. you are expected to do so much when it is completely unreachable. i feel as though there needs to be more effort from the managers as it is the casauls who do most the work which is not a good thing. i would not recommend working at Ghanda at all we never get the amount of breaks we are supposed to and get treated like dirt. never rewarded for all the good we do only talked down to if we make one little mistake.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, toxic environment, poor management
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve our in store processes and training. Can you please email support@ghanda.com some more information on which store this was so that we can investigate further?
12 June 2021
Same role
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Wollongong NSW
I have found working at Ghanda to be one of the best places I have ever worked. There is always something to do, whether it is folding clothes, talking to customers or serving. All of the staff are really friendly and it is just a really positive vibe all of the time. The hardest part of the job would be having to keep up with all of the customers and great and talk to them in the true Ghanda style. Apart from that there is nothing negative about working at Ghanda!
Pros
Fun, always something to do, friendly staff, positive vibe
Cons
Staying on top of extreme customer serves
26 May 2021
Same role
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Chapel Street VIC
If you enjoy working at a company that is happy to overwork you and constantly tear you down, I recommend Ghanda! Ghanda presents it self as beauty hippy surf company however it is one of the least eco friendly companies I've ever worked for and has a very toxic work culture, all the staff were lovely however due to Ghanda refusing to hire a 2ic as they didn't want to pay any of the team extra as we were already taking the 2ic shifts unpaid it lead to a confusing team structure and poor miscommunication. I have been personally told that a regional manager has written work place reviews to up Ghanda's poor image on these types of websites, which does not all surprise me at all. Shifts were cut regularly to make budget even if we were already making great profit, its just never enough. You will be taken advantage of regularly and completely seen as a cost to the company. I loved the people I worked with however due to cutting costs it was regular for none of us to even really see each other due to putting staff on alone all day and having max 3 people on for busy weekends. I was abused by customers around 5-10 times a day due to our strict no refund policy and dodgy tag deals which are very misleading however I did bring this up with higher management and was told to just put up with it.
Pros
The people, nice clothes
Cons
everything about this company
7 January 2021
Same location
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) - Melbourne VIC
There is a strong sense of team camaraderie at Ghanda. I find management to be extremely approachable. I have met numerous team members who have received internal promotions working at Ghanda.
Pros
The product, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Grouchy customers
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
8 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️