Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ghanda Clothing Employee Review

Strict and Tough

16 April 2020
I worked here for only 3 months because they were requesting impossible tasks to be completed in an impossible time frame. I told them from the beginning that I would not work weekends and after a few weeks i was working both weekend days or would not get a shift during the week as punishment.
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
14 January 2021
Hello,We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a better experience with us but thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have passed this on for further review.
12 June 2021
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Wollongong NSW
I have found working at Ghanda to be one of the best places I have ever worked. There is always something to do, whether it is folding clothes, talking to customers or serving. All of the staff are really friendly and it is just a really positive vibe all of the time. The hardest part of the job would be having to keep up with all of the customers and great and talk to them in the true Ghanda style. Apart from that there is nothing negative about working at Ghanda!
Pros
Fun, always something to do, friendly staff, positive vibe
Cons
Staying on top of extreme customer serves
26 May 2021
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Chapel Street VIC
If you enjoy working at a company that is happy to overwork you and constantly tear you down, I recommend Ghanda! Ghanda presents it self as beauty hippy surf company however it is one of the least eco friendly companies I've ever worked for and has a very toxic work culture, all the staff were lovely however due to Ghanda refusing to hire a 2ic as they didn't want to pay any of the team extra as we were already taking the 2ic shifts unpaid it lead to a confusing team structure and poor miscommunication. I have been personally told that a regional manager has written work place reviews to up Ghanda's poor image on these types of websites, which does not all surprise me at all. Shifts were cut regularly to make budget even if we were already making great profit, its just never enough. You will be taken advantage of regularly and completely seen as a cost to the company. I loved the people I worked with however due to cutting costs it was regular for none of us to even really see each other due to putting staff on alone all day and having max 3 people on for busy weekends. I was abused by customers around 5-10 times a day due to our strict no refund policy and dodgy tag deals which are very misleading however I did bring this up with higher management and was told to just put up with it.
Pros
The people, nice clothes
Cons
everything about this company
24 May 2021
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Chapel Street VIC
Ghanda is a poor excuse for a company with absolutely no care for their staff or customers, I was underpaid like many of my other team members working as assistant managers with no pay rise, would sometimes stay back for an hour after close with till issues and wouldn’t get paid for it! They will roster you on for 40 hours weeks and be annoyed when you can’t work them, they will roster you on last minute and be annoyed when you can’t work it as well. I absolutely loved the people I worked with however management had no structure, our manager would barely help out around the store and we had no assistant manager to help out either. They are so strict on making as much profit as possible you will be regularly understaffed and forced to work alone all day with no lunch break, you’re allowed to run and pick up food for 10 minutes however you have to eat it in the store while customers browse, if you work 5 hours you will not get a break! There’s no support from higher management, they expect you to get through boxes of stock daily while keeping up with the immense folding to do and keeping customers number one priority while being alone in the store, it’s just not humanly possible. This company is an absolutely joke, run far away from it!
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
literally everything