Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ghanda Clothing Employee Review

The worse job I've had

15 November 2020
Dodgy company who can't follow the law. No lunch breaks, expected to do overtime for free. Area manager was nasty and gossips to other team members. Expected to do all stock, make budget, keep shop tidy and have no lunch as you work by yourself all day. No support from head office. Fairwork need to be notified.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no lunch, horrible environment
9 March 2017
Same role
Manager (Former Employee) - Mildura VIC
if you had an issue you had to wait until the higher manager would come visit from Melbourne. there was a big issue with stealing/security. sometimes you didn't feel safe in the store all by yourself because the only security was a mirror, no cameras or alarms. some days you didn't get a break because you were working on your own so you cant leave the store.
Pros
good staff (team)
Cons
long hours, on your feet all day, some days you dont get a break.
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
3 June 2019
Same location
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Cronulla NSW
I worked for ghanda for four months, in that time I had never experienced so much drama and poor management in my life. The store had no manager when I started, and then when one was hired he would disappear for hours and bully staff. Management did not stop this problem and allowed him to continue running the store whilst he continued to be a bully and poor manager. This company does not care about staff, they will say one thing to you and then a complete different thing to another person so there is never clear communication or organisation. The expectations set upon you are beyond unrealistic. The folding method is the most time consuming, ridiculous way possible. You’re asked to make a $2000 budget on a Monday with a single staff member and no lunch cover and if you don’t then the whip is cracked on you. Again, majorly unrealistic. Don’t trust management to look after you if you are having troubles at work they won’t do anything about it nor help you feel comfortable going to work. Staff love to gossip between themselves, and will gang up against someone till they leave. Regional managers gossip between staff and feed into drama too. There is no training, no staff meetings, and no room to grow. Casual staff are treated like disposable toys. You will get nothing that was promised to you, and you’re lucky to have more then 4 hours of work a week. But there was one point where we were low staffed and I was made to work 10 days in a row, some days without a break. I brought this up with management and was told “oh you must be tired” but not allowed to change my shifts. - more...
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horribly organised company, nasty management
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We take allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously. Can you please email more information to support@ghanda.com so that we can investigate this further?
12 June 2021
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Wollongong NSW
I have found working at Ghanda to be one of the best places I have ever worked. There is always something to do, whether it is folding clothes, talking to customers or serving. All of the staff are really friendly and it is just a really positive vibe all of the time. The hardest part of the job would be having to keep up with all of the customers and great and talk to them in the true Ghanda style. Apart from that there is nothing negative about working at Ghanda!
Pros
Fun, always something to do, friendly staff, positive vibe
Cons
Staying on top of extreme customer serves