Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Only good if you are friends with management with no room to progress in the company. A lot is expected from you on a day to day basis, what you are told to do is never consistent. The regional manager and head office are extremely fake, toxic people who are constantly pushing people out of the company.
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us. This feedback is really concerning. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with some more information so that we can investigate this further?
There is a strong sense of team camaraderie at Ghanda. I find management to be extremely approachable. I have met numerous team members who have received internal promotions working at Ghanda.
Pros
The product, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Grouchy customers
8 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
The whole structure of the company and the morality of the higher management. This company will surprise any employee with how personal and human the whole company as a whole is.
Pros
The discounts, people, management, and company!
Cons
Busy days especially around Christmas - you'll be run off your feet.
8 January 2021
i really thought Ghanda was a good store to work for. but I was wrong. i believe all business have to make you sign something even as a casual. Ghanda did not. i never signed anything to say I was employed with the company which to me is a very big red flag. i got very minimal training when I first started which I felt is very wrong to throw employees into such a fast paced job. management is horrible as they have hired people that cannot do their job properly. and there isn't much structure at all to each day. you are expected to do so much when it is completely unreachable. i feel as though there needs to be more effort from the managers as it is the casauls who do most the work which is not a good thing. i would not recommend working at Ghanda at all we never get the amount of breaks we are supposed to and get treated like dirt. never rewarded for all the good we do only talked down to if we make one little mistake.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, toxic environment, poor management
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve our in store processes and training. Can you please email support@ghanda.com some more information on which store this was so that we can investigate further?
You are expected to work full days of work 9am - 5:30pm without being paid to open and close the store which they force you to get into the store 15 minutes early and you won't be getting out of the store any earlier that 5:45pm. It is a constant battle with head office including payroll and the CEOs to be paid the legal retail award rate. Majority of employees never sign a contract or have any concrete employment confirmation which the company uses to their advantage, as well as hiring on a casual basis. There is an incredibly high rate of staff turn over due to how appalling the company treats their employees. There is a lack of respect for staff at any level and it is evident through how the company presented during the global pandemic. During COVID-19 Ghanda was one of the few retailers that continued trading despite being in stage 3 lockdown. Management including the Regional Manager and National Manager took the opportunity to "let go" of casual staff members they couldn't fire by sending out an email explaining there was not enough work for them. Hand sanitiser, gloves and social distancing precautions were not put in place by the company until late MAY, if you wanted to feel safe in store it was your responsibility to bring in your own PPE. The work culture at a store level is fine if you get along with the people you work with however the work load and expectations are too high for the type of "laid back" company Ghanda tries to market itself as. Bullying is common especially from head office through to management. Often Management find ways to "push" workers - more...
Pros
30% discount
Cons
underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, bullying, listening to the same playlist everyday
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. Staff and customer welfare are Ghanda's highest priority and it is concerning that you didn't feel that that was demonstrated during your time with us.We take any and all allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Please feel free to contact support@ghanda.com if you would like to discuss further.
Typical day, you were expected to work alone without proper breaks. Management is terrible and unorganised, always flipping back on what they say. Not enjoyable at all
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. Please feel free to email support@ghanda.com with any further feedback to help us do better in the future.
very good work environment, the company takes a lot of care for each employee. slow paced for majority of the year until the busy seasons come along and then its very fast paced. a lot of customer service is needed.
8 January 2021
I worked at Ghanda for 6 months. It started off well enough except my particular store would chew up and spit out 2ICs because of the catty store manager. Management will not hesitate to take advantage of you, making you work 9-5:30 by yourself with no legally required breaks, and only allowing you to take one 5 minute toilet break because they were too cheap to pay a break cover. They also aren't afraid to make it obvious that the only way to move up within the company is to be friends with the store manager before being hired. Head office is disorganized and unreasonably expect the work of 3 people from a single person, making you dread going to work. They'll make you work 38 hour weeks with 6 days on, with no thanks or recognition, which what I did for them. Only for management to turn around and pull me out of the store at the start of my shift and let me go without any warning because I had to change my availability for uni. But they still asked me to stay for the rest of my shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
Dodgy policies in regards to customer sales as well as staff (no breaks); too stingy to put more than one person on at a time even in busy periods; poor management on every level - who really go above and beyond to pick out every tiny flaw possible and fly off the rails about it. In the twelve months I worked for the company I witnessed 13 different staff members come and go, which really says something about the way we were treated. In my year working for ghanda I think there was probably only one month all up in total that we weren’t looking to hire new staff. I have never worked for such a disorganised and unprofessional company in my life. You get unprofessional, angry emails sent to you almost weekly from passive aggressive management, who feel the only way to properly train their staff is through fear tactics when minuscule things are not completed to unreasonable standards. Perhaps actually spending time training staff adequately would work? I would leave the store in fear every shift knowing that something I did or didn’t do would be aggressively brought to my attention, for example not being able to complete an 8 box delivery, refolding at least three sections of the store, changing mannequins and posters and ensuring that every single item in the store is folded and immaculately presented as well as a thorough vacuum and dusting all by myself in a four hour period. Do not work for this company. It is not worth your time or effort - your time and efforts will go unnoticed and unappreciated, you will not be valued by anyone, and you will be fired if you - more...
Pros
Discount on store clothing
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, poor training
7 January 2021
A typical day of work at Ghanda consisted of serving customers and continually folding and cleaning up the store. The store layout was not very user friendly and at times due to the lack of staff on it was sometimes difficult to navigate between customers and maintaining a clean work place.
Pros
great work colleagues
Cons
minimal hours
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
Jobs at Ghanda Clothing