Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Ghanda for 6 months. It started off well enough except my particular store would chew up and spit out 2ICs because of the catty store manager. Management will not hesitate to take advantage of you, making you work 9-5:30 by yourself with no legally required breaks, and only allowing you to take one 5 minute toilet break because they were too cheap to pay a break cover. They also aren't afraid to make it obvious that the only way to move up within the company is to be friends with the store manager before being hired. Head office is disorganized and unreasonably expect the work of 3 people from a single person, making you dread going to work. They'll make you work 38 hour weeks with 6 days on, with no thanks or recognition, which what I did for them. Only for management to turn around and pull me out of the store at the start of my shift and let me go without any warning because I had to change my availability for uni. But they still asked me to stay for the rest of my shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
I absolutely love working for Ghanda. Have worked in store and in the online area. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a job where there is always something to do, even in the quieter times you are able to set shift/daily goals to achieve, management are always supportive or listen if you have concerns and if you aren’t afraid of a little hard work there are so many opportunities to experience all facets of the retail industry.
Pros
Job satisfaction, Staff discount, Community feel
10 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
Typical day, you were expected to work alone without proper breaks. Management is terrible and unorganised, always flipping back on what they say. Not enjoyable at all
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. Please feel free to email support@ghanda.com with any further feedback to help us do better in the future.
very good work environment, the company takes a lot of care for each employee. slow paced for majority of the year until the busy seasons come along and then its very fast paced. a lot of customer service is needed.
8 January 2021
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
7 January 2021
Overall a good company to work for however management and payroll was terribly run, no space to progress. There was no breaks on all day shifts if you were the only person working, which meant a 10 hour shift where you would have to try fit lunch in during your shift.
Pros
Plenty of shifts and hours
Cons
no breaks, tedious work
14 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
I learnt a lot working at ghanda and the people I worked with were very easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team and when we were busy in the summer time we would push through, Loved my time here
8 January 2021
I would spend 90% of my shifts alone in the beginning being under trained and unsure of exactly how to work things. after a few weeks I was able to teach myself a lot of the things that they were apparently not able to find the time to teach me. The management of the place was appalling I even filed with fair work after several occasions.
7 January 2021
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ghanda Clothing?