Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

I worked here for only 3 months because they were requesting impossible tasks to be completed in an impossible time frame. I told them from the beginning that I would not work weekends and after a few weeks i was working both weekend days or would not get a shift during the week as punishment.
14 January 2021
Hello,We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a better experience with us but thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have passed this on for further review.
If you enjoy working at a company that is happy to overwork you and constantly tear you down, I recommend Ghanda! Ghanda presents it self as beauty hippy surf company however it is one of the least eco friendly companies I've ever worked for and has a very toxic work culture, all the staff were lovely however due to Ghanda refusing to hire a 2ic as they didn't want to pay any of the team extra as we were already taking the 2ic shifts unpaid it lead to a confusing team structure and poor miscommunication. I have been personally told that a regional manager has written work place reviews to up Ghanda's poor image on these types of websites, which does not all surprise me at all. Shifts were cut regularly to make budget even if we were already making great profit, its just never enough. You will be taken advantage of regularly and completely seen as a cost to the company. I loved the people I worked with however due to cutting costs it was regular for none of us to even really see each other due to putting staff on alone all day and having max 3 people on for busy weekends. I was abused by customers around 5-10 times a day due to our strict no refund policy and dodgy tag deals which are very misleading however I did bring this up with higher management and was told to just put up with it.
Pros
The people, nice clothes
Cons
everything about this company
Ghanda is a poor excuse for a company with absolutely no care for their staff or customers, I was underpaid like many of my other team members working as assistant managers with no pay rise, would sometimes stay back for an hour after close with till issues and wouldn’t get paid for it! They will roster you on for 40 hours weeks and be annoyed when you can’t work them, they will roster you on last minute and be annoyed when you can’t work it as well. I absolutely loved the people I worked with however management had no structure, our manager would barely help out around the store and we had no assistant manager to help out either. They are so strict on making as much profit as possible you will be regularly understaffed and forced to work alone all day with no lunch break, you’re allowed to run and pick up food for 10 minutes however you have to eat it in the store while customers browse, if you work 5 hours you will not get a break! There’s no support from higher management, they expect you to get through boxes of stock daily while keeping up with the immense folding to do and keeping customers number one priority while being alone in the store, it’s just not humanly possible. This company is an absolutely joke, run far away from it!
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
literally everything
Poor management, cancelled shifts an hour before they started, cruel managers, treated us very badly and talked behind everyones backs. overly pushing with up selling to customers, felt very unnatural forcing deals down their throats and making them sign up to things. the labelling of deals was misleading and dodgy and would upset 20+ customers per day. you will not get a break on shift unless you work over 6 hours which was hardly ever given out to casual staff. only worth working on weekends otherwise pay was very low.
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
shifts cancelled last minute, boring place, no team bonding or culture.
24 May 2021
Hello,This feedback is very disconcerting. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this matter further?
The whole structure of the company and the morality of the higher management. This company will surprise any employee with how personal and human the whole company as a whole is.
Pros
The discounts, people, management, and company!
Cons
Busy days especially around Christmas - you'll be run off your feet.
8 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
Having worked for the Cockburn store the past 4 months, it has been a fun and amazing experience. The team as well as management team are friendly, supportive, and I find it to be a comfortable, easy paced environment to work in. Each shift is worthwhile, and I would recommend others to also be a part of Ghanda! :)
10 January 2021
i really thought Ghanda was a good store to work for. but I was wrong. i believe all business have to make you sign something even as a casual. Ghanda did not. i never signed anything to say I was employed with the company which to me is a very big red flag. i got very minimal training when I first started which I felt is very wrong to throw employees into such a fast paced job. management is horrible as they have hired people that cannot do their job properly. and there isn't much structure at all to each day. you are expected to do so much when it is completely unreachable. i feel as though there needs to be more effort from the managers as it is the casauls who do most the work which is not a good thing. i would not recommend working at Ghanda at all we never get the amount of breaks we are supposed to and get treated like dirt. never rewarded for all the good we do only talked down to if we make one little mistake.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, toxic environment, poor management
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve our in store processes and training. Can you please email support@ghanda.com some more information on which store this was so that we can investigate further?
If you wanna work at a company that: - Under pays - No lunch breaks - Workplace bullying and harassment from management - Working everyday a week (as a casual) - No appropriate training Then this is the workplace for you. I would highly suggest looking else where for a job, as there are no pros to working here. I worked here for over a year, through COVID as well, and I got no thanks and no help.
7 January 2021
Hello,This feedback is very disconcerting. We take concerns of inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this matter further as well as any pay-related concerns you have?
Unprofessional head office which leads to terrible management throughout the company. The company expects a lot from you and nothing is ever good enough. There is always something to critique even if the store looks perfect. Very draining physically due to not being given proper breaks, being expected to complete 15 boxes of stock, clean, fold and serve all on your own. Mentally exhausting because the managers will talk behind your back if they don't like you, including the regional managers & people in head office. Passive aggressive, rude and lazy. The most fake people you will ever meet. This 'company' is NOT the 'be kind' & 'good vibes' act they pretend to be.
Pros
Staff Discount (30%)
Cons
Ghanda's existence
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. This is very concerning to hear.Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this further?
Only good if you are friends with management with no room to progress in the company. A lot is expected from you on a day to day basis, what you are told to do is never consistent. The regional manager and head office are extremely fake, toxic people who are constantly pushing people out of the company.
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us. This feedback is really concerning. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with some more information so that we can investigate this further?
The management of the store i worked in was terrible, there was constant uncertanity about shifts. I was left in the dark about multiple areas of training and then later bullied and harshly critisized for being uneducated. There was minimal to no effort by any of the staff to educate and train the new staff properly, including myself and many others. The communitcation and the treatment of the younger and less experienced staff was appalling. Constant threats and 'jokes' of loosing your position in the workplace was frequently mentioned by the manager both online and in person. The intimidation of the manager was terrible and outright rude. The ganging up and bullying of the other workers that was influenced by the manager was extremely upsetting and dissapointing. The overall lack of respect and effort into their younger and regular staff was disgusting and disappointing. Other than what was metioned it was great to exprience interacting and assisting customers, it was fantastasic to gain some minimal experience during my time there but i would not strongly reccomend jobs for this company.
Pros
Interactions with customers, insight to the retail industry
Cons
Poor Management
7 January 2021
Hello,We take allegations of workplace bullying very seriously. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this matter further?
The regional mangers really need training on how to be professional when dealing with multiple workers in the stores. They pick favourites and talk behind people’s backs and gang up until people leave. They are also not confidential whilst dealing with matters in store with the other co-workers. And that happens in multiple stores which causes more drama
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. This information has been passed on for review.
i absolutely loved my time at Ghanda, not only was management lovely but head office was always available if i needed a hand. When you begin working with Ghanda you are trained on how to do everything you will need on a daily basis and if you have any questions your manager is happy to help. I will defiantly miss the ghanda team.
8 January 2021
I worked for ghanda for four months, in that time I had never experienced so much drama and poor management in my life. The store had no manager when I started, and then when one was hired he would disappear for hours and bully staff. Management did not stop this problem and allowed him to continue running the store whilst he continued to be a bully and poor manager. This company does not care about staff, they will say one thing to you and then a complete different thing to another person so there is never clear communication or organisation. The expectations set upon you are beyond unrealistic. The folding method is the most time consuming, ridiculous way possible. You’re asked to make a $2000 budget on a Monday with a single staff member and no lunch cover and if you don’t then the whip is cracked on you. Again, majorly unrealistic. Don’t trust management to look after you if you are having troubles at work they won’t do anything about it nor help you feel comfortable going to work. Staff love to gossip between themselves, and will gang up against someone till they leave. Regional managers gossip between staff and feed into drama too. There is no training, no staff meetings, and no room to grow. Casual staff are treated like disposable toys. You will get nothing that was promised to you, and you’re lucky to have more then 4 hours of work a week. But there was one point where we were low staffed and I was made to work 10 days in a row, some days without a break. I brought this up with management and was told “oh you must be tired” but not allowed to change my shifts. - more...
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horribly organised company, nasty management
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We take allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously. Can you please email more information to support@ghanda.com so that we can investigate this further?
When I first started working for ghanda I had a fantastic manager. Higher management had ridiculous expectations for one person working in a shop. You’d. Be expected to complete 8 boxes of delivery, clean , fold and serve customers without a break. The shop toilet for staff was disgusting, I wouldn’t let my dog use it ! The way they treat their staff is disgusting and so unprofessional! They promise you hours and then don’t roster you in, but your expected to drop everything as soon as they call.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours on your feet, no break
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
Worked there for 2 years only as a casual. I enjoyed the actual work itself but they were very stingy in many ways. Even if an 8 - 12 hour day was worked, no one was allowed to have their break except for sitting in the store to eat (hiding it infront of customers). Also witnessed the bullying of managers to get them to quit and the passive aggression is a thing with this company. Higher up manangement can be pretty blunt and rude whenever they came in to visit
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, poor management
7 January 2021
Dodgy policies in regards to customer sales as well as staff (no breaks); too stingy to put more than one person on at a time even in busy periods; poor management on every level - who really go above and beyond to pick out every tiny flaw possible and fly off the rails about it. In the twelve months I worked for the company I witnessed 13 different staff members come and go, which really says something about the way we were treated. In my year working for ghanda I think there was probably only one month all up in total that we weren’t looking to hire new staff. I have never worked for such a disorganised and unprofessional company in my life. You get unprofessional, angry emails sent to you almost weekly from passive aggressive management, who feel the only way to properly train their staff is through fear tactics when minuscule things are not completed to unreasonable standards. Perhaps actually spending time training staff adequately would work? I would leave the store in fear every shift knowing that something I did or didn’t do would be aggressively brought to my attention, for example not being able to complete an 8 box delivery, refolding at least three sections of the store, changing mannequins and posters and ensuring that every single item in the store is folded and immaculately presented as well as a thorough vacuum and dusting all by myself in a four hour period. Do not work for this company. It is not worth your time or effort - your time and efforts will go unnoticed and unappreciated, you will not be valued by anyone, and you will be fired if you - more...
Pros
Discount on store clothing
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, poor training
7 January 2021
a fun work area however so bad at organisation when it comes to employees and rosters. i tried contacting them over and over only to not receive any form on contact for 2 months.
Duties again involved, cash handling, banking, continuous customer service providing a pleasant shopping experience. Answering phone calls and maintaining store displays, opening and closing store procedres were major roles involved in my position.