Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Management for Ghanda are excellent in all areas, have quite often needed help and support and they always deliver. While they can’t actually be with you in store there is always someone you can call or email and get a response from straight away. I personally get a lot of support from my regional manager which helps myself and my team out.
Pros
Direct and almost immediate support from head office and regional managers, excellent communication, fun and vibrant place to work!
Cons
Prioritising tasks when it is busy can occasionally be overwhelming
22 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
I am loving my time at Ghanda so far! I started as a casual sales assistant and have already been given the opportunity to manage my own store. Amazing management, clothes and support.
Pros
Amazing management, clothes and support
Cons
Spending too much money on clothes
22 January 2021
I’ve worked as a store manager for Ghanda for 7 months now, I’ve found Ghanda to be very supportive and motivating in this time. In my experience management on all levels are incredible to deal with, they are very relatable, understanding, approachable and definitely always available which is awesome. Whilst it is a fast paced environment and there is always stuff to do, you are always met with understanding and proactive solutions to any problems you may have. In my 7 months I have already been given opportunities to build and grow on my skills from travelling to different stores to help and train staff even to opening a new Ghanda store so there is ALWAYS room for growth for employees. I would highly recommend becoming a staff member of Ghanda Clothing.
Pros
Support, training and opportunities for growth
19 January 2021
I worked as a Store Manager for Ghanda for 20 months. I enjoyed the family vibe of the company. My favourite thing about working there was seeing customers leave happy with their purchases.
Pros
The product, staff and family discount
Cons
Small head office team
10 January 2021
You are expected to work full days of work 9am - 5:30pm without being paid to open and close the store which they force you to get into the store 15 minutes early and you won't be getting out of the store any earlier that 5:45pm. It is a constant battle with head office including payroll and the CEOs to be paid the legal retail award rate. Majority of employees never sign a contract or have any concrete employment confirmation which the company uses to their advantage, as well as hiring on a casual basis. There is an incredibly high rate of staff turn over due to how appalling the company treats their employees. There is a lack of respect for staff at any level and it is evident through how the company presented during the global pandemic. During COVID-19 Ghanda was one of the few retailers that continued trading despite being in stage 3 lockdown. Management including the Regional Manager and National Manager took the opportunity to "let go" of casual staff members they couldn't fire by sending out an email explaining there was not enough work for them. Hand sanitiser, gloves and social distancing precautions were not put in place by the company until late MAY, if you wanted to feel safe in store it was your responsibility to bring in your own PPE. The work culture at a store level is fine if you get along with the people you work with however the work load and expectations are too high for the type of "laid back" company Ghanda tries to market itself as. Bullying is common especially from head office through to management. Often Management find ways to "push" workers - more...
Pros
30% discount
Cons
underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, bullying, listening to the same playlist everyday
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. Staff and customer welfare are Ghanda's highest priority and it is concerning that you didn't feel that that was demonstrated during your time with us.We take any and all allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Please feel free to contact support@ghanda.com if you would like to discuss further.
I worked as a manager in the Bathurst store and left after 4 months because of the way I was treated. Within 2 weeks of working I noticed how quickly they chew through staff. Higher management is a joke and they expect that as a manager you treat your staff like disposable toys. They are nasty and childish when it comes to dealing with anything. They could not care less about the wellbeing of their staff and expect an insane amount of work to be done in a very small amount of time. However if higher management ever visited the store (rarely), they would have extra people rostered on and then tell you that “it’s achievable” even though there’s 3 staff members on when there is usually only 1. (And they would not let you roster extra people on any other time). They force you to work full 8-10 hour shifts by yourself with no break, and when I brought this up with the regional manager the topic was changed and never brought up again. They expect that while on shift by yourself, that you get all of the daily stock done, all of the extra tasks they want done as well as constantly interacting with customers and not letting the store get even the slightest bit messy and complete their ridiculous and time consuming folding technique. Nothing was ever good enough and you were not appreciated for working hard and going above and beyond, but any tiny slight mess up was blown up and constantly mentioned. There is little to no training for casual staff members, and as a manager I then got in trouble because one of the staff (who was working their second shift) didn’t know the answer - more...
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
I loved my time at Ghanda! I began at Ghanda as a casual sales assistant and within a year was promoted to Store Manager when my store manager left to have a baby. My regional and the head office team were always available to answer my questions and I genuinely loved coming to work everyday. Each day I was doing something different and was never bored at work. I would still be there now if I hadn’t moved!
Pros
Discount, team, communication between stores and head office
Cons
Slow sales days in Winter
8 January 2021
This company is so stressful to work for at the shop level. There are entirely too many tasks to complete. You work alone most of the time so it can be near to impossible to get through tasks. As the manager you do not have a 2ic or 3ic so everything falls to you and the lack of hours to give out is so poor that casual staff find it hard to get too invested in things. This company needs to rethink the allotted hours given to stores. Things would run much smoother if you had cover every day for a full day not just a 3 hour shift. This is absolutely unrealistic. I would highly suggest people think twice before accepting a management position here. In addition to this the folding they expect is the most time consuming folding method I have ever seen and you could save a lot of time if the folding wasn't so ridiculous.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stressful, unrealistic, no management team
7 January 2021
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ghanda Clothing?