Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Culture reviews

The hardest part of working at Ghanda is dealing with the company culture. Ghanda has created a culture based on gossip, indirect communication and lack of respect for their front-line employees. The company continues to expand and grow with little forward planning, creating a magnitude of issues for existing employees. The head office staff inclusive of the CEOs are known to be rude and abrupt, whilst expecting unrealistic standards of store staff that they would be unable to attain themselves. The negative culture at Ghanda starts with the CEOs and trickles down. The lack of experience in the CEOs and higher management is evident. The company does not have a formal HR department; therefore, staff are to rely on the undertrained management teams or CEOs to maintain a healthy work environment and ensure ethical behavior. Legal compliance, ethics, diversity, establishing fair compensation and accurately assessing performance all fall by the wayside to be replaced with a ‘growth-at-all-costs’ mindset. The internal issues run so deep within this business it would take an entire overhaul and restructure to fix. It is highly disappointing considering the potential Ghanda has to be a successful pillar in Australia fashion retail, instead of company whose reputation is tainted with each employee they treat with a lack of care.
Pros
Work is simple
Cons
Company Culture
19 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. As a business, we are working hard to improve our employee engagement and company culture. If you can provide any further information in regards to what you have referenced here, we encourage you to contact support@ghanda.com or your designated Support Staff Member (as per our Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy) to escalate your concerns.At Ghanda, we are proud of our status as an Equal Opportunity Employer and our relatively flat management structure that we hope encourages all team members to feel comfortable raising any concerns about their employment with us.
A lot of opportunity to learn with multifaceted roles, and plenty of room to grow and move if you see yourself wanting to try new things.High level of communication both internally and externally with a great culture of open communication from all areas of the business, which flows al the way down into the retail stores.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to grow
Management for Ghanda are excellent in all areas, have quite often needed help and support and they always deliver. While they can’t actually be with you in store there is always someone you can call or email and get a response from straight away. I personally get a lot of support from my regional manager which helps myself and my team out.
Pros
Direct and almost immediate support from head office and regional managers, excellent communication, fun and vibrant place to work!
Cons
Prioritising tasks when it is busy can occasionally be overwhelming
22 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
I’ve worked as a store manager for Ghanda for 7 months now, I’ve found Ghanda to be very supportive and motivating in this time. In my experience management on all levels are incredible to deal with, they are very relatable, understanding, approachable and definitely always available which is awesome. Whilst it is a fast paced environment and there is always stuff to do, you are always met with understanding and proactive solutions to any problems you may have. In my 7 months I have already been given opportunities to build and grow on my skills from travelling to different stores to help and train staff even to opening a new Ghanda store so there is ALWAYS room for growth for employees. I would highly recommend becoming a staff member of Ghanda Clothing.
Pros
Support, training and opportunities for growth
19 January 2021
There is a strong sense of team camaraderie at Ghanda. I find management to be extremely approachable. I have met numerous team members who have received internal promotions working at Ghanda.
Pros
The product, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Grouchy customers
8 January 2021
You are expected to work full days of work 9am - 5:30pm without being paid to open and close the store which they force you to get into the store 15 minutes early and you won't be getting out of the store any earlier that 5:45pm. It is a constant battle with head office including payroll and the CEOs to be paid the legal retail award rate. Majority of employees never sign a contract or have any concrete employment confirmation which the company uses to their advantage, as well as hiring on a casual basis. There is an incredibly high rate of staff turn over due to how appalling the company treats their employees. There is a lack of respect for staff at any level and it is evident through how the company presented during the global pandemic. During COVID-19 Ghanda was one of the few retailers that continued trading despite being in stage 3 lockdown. Management including the Regional Manager and National Manager took the opportunity to "let go" of casual staff members they couldn't fire by sending out an email explaining there was not enough work for them. Hand sanitiser, gloves and social distancing precautions were not put in place by the company until late MAY, if you wanted to feel safe in store it was your responsibility to bring in your own PPE. The work culture at a store level is fine if you get along with the people you work with however the work load and expectations are too high for the type of "laid back" company Ghanda tries to market itself as. Bullying is common especially from head office through to management. Often Management find ways to "push" workers - more...
Pros
30% discount
Cons
underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, bullying, listening to the same playlist everyday
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. Staff and customer welfare are Ghanda's highest priority and it is concerning that you didn't feel that that was demonstrated during your time with us.We take any and all allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Please feel free to contact support@ghanda.com if you would like to discuss further.
It was a great workplace and I loved the style at this store, everyone I worked with was enjoyable to be around, the folding is a lot but not a very big deal.
8 January 2021
i absolutely loved my time at Ghanda, not only was management lovely but head office was always available if i needed a hand. When you begin working with Ghanda you are trained on how to do everything you will need on a daily basis and if you have any questions your manager is happy to help. I will defiantly miss the ghanda team.