Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Job Security & Advancement reviews

I found my time at Ghanda Clothing to be a relaxed yet educational job. It allowed myself to expand and learn new skills within the fashion/retail industry. Unfortunately I suddenly stopped receiving any shifts with no communication whatsoever and had no official termination. After over a year, I am yet to hear anything.
14 January 2021
Hello,We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a better experience with us but thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have passed this on for further review.
A lot of opportunity to learn with multifaceted roles, and plenty of room to grow and move if you see yourself wanting to try new things.High level of communication both internally and externally with a great culture of open communication from all areas of the business, which flows al the way down into the retail stores.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to grow
I’ve worked as a store manager for Ghanda for 7 months now, I’ve found Ghanda to be very supportive and motivating in this time. In my experience management on all levels are incredible to deal with, they are very relatable, understanding, approachable and definitely always available which is awesome. Whilst it is a fast paced environment and there is always stuff to do, you are always met with understanding and proactive solutions to any problems you may have. In my 7 months I have already been given opportunities to build and grow on my skills from travelling to different stores to help and train staff even to opening a new Ghanda store so there is ALWAYS room for growth for employees. I would highly recommend becoming a staff member of Ghanda Clothing.
Pros
Support, training and opportunities for growth
19 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
There is a strong sense of team camaraderie at Ghanda. I find management to be extremely approachable. I have met numerous team members who have received internal promotions working at Ghanda.
Pros
The product, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Grouchy customers
8 January 2021
they let me go after two training days (3 hour shifts) because i wasn’t “what they thought” the manager was rude when i asked things i wasn’t sure about.
Pros
Cons
wasted my time
14 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have passed this on for further review.
I worked here for only 3 months because they were requesting impossible tasks to be completed in an impossible time frame. I told them from the beginning that I would not work weekends and after a few weeks i was working both weekend days or would not get a shift during the week as punishment.
14 January 2021
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
I loved my time at Ghanda! I began at Ghanda as a casual sales assistant and within a year was promoted to Store Manager when my store manager left to have a baby. My regional and the head office team were always available to answer my questions and I genuinely loved coming to work everyday. Each day I was doing something different and was never bored at work. I would still be there now if I hadn’t moved!
Pros
Discount, team, communication between stores and head office
Cons
Slow sales days in Winter
8 January 2021
Dodgy policies in regards to customer sales as well as staff (no breaks); too stingy to put more than one person on at a time even in busy periods; poor management on every level - who really go above and beyond to pick out every tiny flaw possible and fly off the rails about it. In the twelve months I worked for the company I witnessed 13 different staff members come and go, which really says something about the way we were treated. In my year working for ghanda I think there was probably only one month all up in total that we weren’t looking to hire new staff. I have never worked for such a disorganised and unprofessional company in my life. You get unprofessional, angry emails sent to you almost weekly from passive aggressive management, who feel the only way to properly train their staff is through fear tactics when minuscule things are not completed to unreasonable standards. Perhaps actually spending time training staff adequately would work? I would leave the store in fear every shift knowing that something I did or didn’t do would be aggressively brought to my attention, for example not being able to complete an 8 box delivery, refolding at least three sections of the store, changing mannequins and posters and ensuring that every single item in the store is folded and immaculately presented as well as a thorough vacuum and dusting all by myself in a four hour period. Do not work for this company. It is not worth your time or effort - your time and efforts will go unnoticed and unappreciated, you will not be valued by anyone, and you will be fired if you - more...
Pros
Discount on store clothing
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, poor training
7 January 2021
a fun work area however so bad at organisation when it comes to employees and rosters. i tried contacting them over and over only to not receive any form on contact for 2 months.
I would spend 90% of my shifts alone in the beginning being under trained and unsure of exactly how to work things. after a few weeks I was able to teach myself a lot of the things that they were apparently not able to find the time to teach me. The management of the place was appalling I even filed with fair work after several occasions.