Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Management reviews

The hardest part of working at Ghanda is dealing with the company culture. Ghanda has created a culture based on gossip, indirect communication and lack of respect for their front-line employees. The company continues to expand and grow with little forward planning, creating a magnitude of issues for existing employees. The head office staff inclusive of the CEOs are known to be rude and abrupt, whilst expecting unrealistic standards of store staff that they would be unable to attain themselves. The negative culture at Ghanda starts with the CEOs and trickles down. The lack of experience in the CEOs and higher management is evident. The company does not have a formal HR department; therefore, staff are to rely on the undertrained management teams or CEOs to maintain a healthy work environment and ensure ethical behavior. Legal compliance, ethics, diversity, establishing fair compensation and accurately assessing performance all fall by the wayside to be replaced with a ‘growth-at-all-costs’ mindset. The internal issues run so deep within this business it would take an entire overhaul and restructure to fix. It is highly disappointing considering the potential Ghanda has to be a successful pillar in Australia fashion retail, instead of company whose reputation is tainted with each employee they treat with a lack of care.
Pros
Work is simple
Cons
Company Culture
19 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. As a business, we are working hard to improve our employee engagement and company culture. If you can provide any further information in regards to what you have referenced here, we encourage you to contact support@ghanda.com or your designated Support Staff Member (as per our Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy) to escalate your concerns.At Ghanda, we are proud of our status as an Equal Opportunity Employer and our relatively flat management structure that we hope encourages all team members to feel comfortable raising any concerns about their employment with us.
Management for Ghanda are excellent in all areas, have quite often needed help and support and they always deliver. While they can’t actually be with you in store there is always someone you can call or email and get a response from straight away. I personally get a lot of support from my regional manager which helps myself and my team out.
Pros
Direct and almost immediate support from head office and regional managers, excellent communication, fun and vibrant place to work!
Cons
Prioritising tasks when it is busy can occasionally be overwhelming
22 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
I am loving my time at Ghanda so far! I started as a casual sales assistant and have already been given the opportunity to manage my own store. Amazing management, clothes and support.
Pros
Amazing management, clothes and support
Cons
Spending too much money on clothes
22 January 2021
I’ve worked as a store manager for Ghanda for 7 months now, I’ve found Ghanda to be very supportive and motivating in this time. In my experience management on all levels are incredible to deal with, they are very relatable, understanding, approachable and definitely always available which is awesome. Whilst it is a fast paced environment and there is always stuff to do, you are always met with understanding and proactive solutions to any problems you may have. In my 7 months I have already been given opportunities to build and grow on my skills from travelling to different stores to help and train staff even to opening a new Ghanda store so there is ALWAYS room for growth for employees. I would highly recommend becoming a staff member of Ghanda Clothing.
Pros
Support, training and opportunities for growth
19 January 2021
I absolutely love working for Ghanda. Have worked in store and in the online area. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a job where there is always something to do, even in the quieter times you are able to set shift/daily goals to achieve, management are always supportive or listen if you have concerns and if you aren’t afraid of a little hard work there are so many opportunities to experience all facets of the retail industry.
Pros
Job satisfaction, Staff discount, Community feel
10 January 2021
There is a strong sense of team camaraderie at Ghanda. I find management to be extremely approachable. I have met numerous team members who have received internal promotions working at Ghanda.
Pros
The product, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Grouchy customers
8 January 2021
The whole structure of the company and the morality of the higher management. This company will surprise any employee with how personal and human the whole company as a whole is.
Pros
The discounts, people, management, and company!
Cons
Busy days especially around Christmas - you'll be run off your feet.
8 January 2021
Having worked for the Cockburn store the past 4 months, it has been a fun and amazing experience. The team as well as management team are friendly, supportive, and I find it to be a comfortable, easy paced environment to work in. Each shift is worthwhile, and I would recommend others to also be a part of Ghanda! :)
10 January 2021
i really thought Ghanda was a good store to work for. but I was wrong. i believe all business have to make you sign something even as a casual. Ghanda did not. i never signed anything to say I was employed with the company which to me is a very big red flag. i got very minimal training when I first started which I felt is very wrong to throw employees into such a fast paced job. management is horrible as they have hired people that cannot do their job properly. and there isn't much structure at all to each day. you are expected to do so much when it is completely unreachable. i feel as though there needs to be more effort from the managers as it is the casauls who do most the work which is not a good thing. i would not recommend working at Ghanda at all we never get the amount of breaks we are supposed to and get treated like dirt. never rewarded for all the good we do only talked down to if we make one little mistake.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, toxic environment, poor management
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve our in store processes and training. Can you please email support@ghanda.com some more information on which store this was so that we can investigate further?
You are expected to work full days of work 9am - 5:30pm without being paid to open and close the store which they force you to get into the store 15 minutes early and you won't be getting out of the store any earlier that 5:45pm. It is a constant battle with head office including payroll and the CEOs to be paid the legal retail award rate. Majority of employees never sign a contract or have any concrete employment confirmation which the company uses to their advantage, as well as hiring on a casual basis. There is an incredibly high rate of staff turn over due to how appalling the company treats their employees. There is a lack of respect for staff at any level and it is evident through how the company presented during the global pandemic. During COVID-19 Ghanda was one of the few retailers that continued trading despite being in stage 3 lockdown. Management including the Regional Manager and National Manager took the opportunity to "let go" of casual staff members they couldn't fire by sending out an email explaining there was not enough work for them. Hand sanitiser, gloves and social distancing precautions were not put in place by the company until late MAY, if you wanted to feel safe in store it was your responsibility to bring in your own PPE. The work culture at a store level is fine if you get along with the people you work with however the work load and expectations are too high for the type of "laid back" company Ghanda tries to market itself as. Bullying is common especially from head office through to management. Often Management find ways to "push" workers - more...
Pros
30% discount
Cons
underpaid, overworked, under-appreciated, bullying, listening to the same playlist everyday
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. Staff and customer welfare are Ghanda's highest priority and it is concerning that you didn't feel that that was demonstrated during your time with us.We take any and all allegations of bullying and inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Please feel free to contact support@ghanda.com if you would like to discuss further.
If you wanna work at a company that: - Under pays - No lunch breaks - Workplace bullying and harassment from management - Working everyday a week (as a casual) - No appropriate training Then this is the workplace for you. I would highly suggest looking else where for a job, as there are no pros to working here. I worked here for over a year, through COVID as well, and I got no thanks and no help.
7 January 2021
Hello,This feedback is very disconcerting. We take concerns of inappropriate workplace behaviour very seriously.Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this matter further as well as any pay-related concerns you have?
Unprofessional head office which leads to terrible management throughout the company. The company expects a lot from you and nothing is ever good enough. There is always something to critique even if the store looks perfect. Very draining physically due to not being given proper breaks, being expected to complete 15 boxes of stock, clean, fold and serve all on your own. Mentally exhausting because the managers will talk behind your back if they don't like you, including the regional managers & people in head office. Passive aggressive, rude and lazy. The most fake people you will ever meet. This 'company' is NOT the 'be kind' & 'good vibes' act they pretend to be.
Pros
Staff Discount (30%)
Cons
Ghanda's existence
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. This is very concerning to hear.Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this further?
A lot Head Office are not professional and have no experience. Came in to store and talked badly about most of their staff and complained about head office all the time . This company needs a HR rep, most staff I knew were underpaid for most of their employment Regional stores barely given any attention to actually give you skills needed to reach the huge things they tell you to do. Regional always in bigger stores or a day off for dumb reasons HOattitude seems to be very us vs them and you can feel it in store it flows top down. Owners seemed to be fine but need to rethink who to trust to run their business, most of high management is strongly disliked and distrusted HO don’t take on feedback, your work will not be valued, the discount isn’t worth it, they also have way to high expectations and basically zero long term planning or talking between different parts of the business eg stock and vm to make your job any easier at all. Eg getting a huge Vm update then 20 styles released the next week not included and you need to redo everything I worked under many store managers and a few store transfers and many had the same things to say. Don’t let the companies chill ‘Ghanda vibe’ fool you, this company is not trustworthy, better off buying cheaper elsewhere. They copy half there designs from brandy melville or other small brands online Handled covid badly. We all felt unsafe in store and we never closed, we were given no safety equipment for months until they decided to sell there own hand sanitiser Had great relationships with other casuals but other than that - more...
Pros
Nice staff to work with most of the time
7 January 2021
Hello,This feedback is very concerning. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with Ghanda.Can you please email support@ghanda.com with some more information so that we can investigate this further?
Typical day, you were expected to work alone without proper breaks. Management is terrible and unorganised, always flipping back on what they say. Not enjoyable at all
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. Please feel free to email support@ghanda.com with any further feedback to help us do better in the future.
I worked as a manager in the Bathurst store and left after 4 months because of the way I was treated. Within 2 weeks of working I noticed how quickly they chew through staff. Higher management is a joke and they expect that as a manager you treat your staff like disposable toys. They are nasty and childish when it comes to dealing with anything. They could not care less about the wellbeing of their staff and expect an insane amount of work to be done in a very small amount of time. However if higher management ever visited the store (rarely), they would have extra people rostered on and then tell you that “it’s achievable” even though there’s 3 staff members on when there is usually only 1. (And they would not let you roster extra people on any other time). They force you to work full 8-10 hour shifts by yourself with no break, and when I brought this up with the regional manager the topic was changed and never brought up again. They expect that while on shift by yourself, that you get all of the daily stock done, all of the extra tasks they want done as well as constantly interacting with customers and not letting the store get even the slightest bit messy and complete their ridiculous and time consuming folding technique. Nothing was ever good enough and you were not appreciated for working hard and going above and beyond, but any tiny slight mess up was blown up and constantly mentioned. There is little to no training for casual staff members, and as a manager I then got in trouble because one of the staff (who was working their second shift) didn’t know the answer - more...
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
Only good if you are friends with management with no room to progress in the company. A lot is expected from you on a day to day basis, what you are told to do is never consistent. The regional manager and head office are extremely fake, toxic people who are constantly pushing people out of the company.
7 January 2021
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us. This feedback is really concerning. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with some more information so that we can investigate this further?
The management of the store i worked in was terrible, there was constant uncertanity about shifts. I was left in the dark about multiple areas of training and then later bullied and harshly critisized for being uneducated. There was minimal to no effort by any of the staff to educate and train the new staff properly, including myself and many others. The communitcation and the treatment of the younger and less experienced staff was appalling. Constant threats and 'jokes' of loosing your position in the workplace was frequently mentioned by the manager both online and in person. The intimidation of the manager was terrible and outright rude. The ganging up and bullying of the other workers that was influenced by the manager was extremely upsetting and dissapointing. The overall lack of respect and effort into their younger and regular staff was disgusting and disappointing. Other than what was metioned it was great to exprience interacting and assisting customers, it was fantastasic to gain some minimal experience during my time there but i would not strongly reccomend jobs for this company.
Pros
Interactions with customers, insight to the retail industry
Cons
Poor Management
7 January 2021
Hello,We take allegations of workplace bullying very seriously. Can you please email support@ghanda.com with more information so that we can investigate this matter further?
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
7 January 2021
The regional mangers really need training on how to be professional when dealing with multiple workers in the stores. They pick favourites and talk behind people’s backs and gang up until people leave. They are also not confidential whilst dealing with matters in store with the other co-workers. And that happens in multiple stores which causes more drama
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. This information has been passed on for review.
I worked at Ghanda for 6 months. It started off well enough except my particular store would chew up and spit out 2ICs because of the catty store manager. Management will not hesitate to take advantage of you, making you work 9-5:30 by yourself with no legally required breaks, and only allowing you to take one 5 minute toilet break because they were too cheap to pay a break cover. They also aren't afraid to make it obvious that the only way to move up within the company is to be friends with the store manager before being hired. Head office is disorganized and unreasonably expect the work of 3 people from a single person, making you dread going to work. They'll make you work 38 hour weeks with 6 days on, with no thanks or recognition, which what I did for them. Only for management to turn around and pull me out of the store at the start of my shift and let me go without any warning because I had to change my availability for uni. But they still asked me to stay for the rest of my shift.
Pros
Staff Discount
7 January 2021
i absolutely loved my time at Ghanda, not only was management lovely but head office was always available if i needed a hand. When you begin working with Ghanda you are trained on how to do everything you will need on a daily basis and if you have any questions your manager is happy to help. I will defiantly miss the ghanda team.