Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Pay & Benefits reviews

The hardest part of working at Ghanda is dealing with the company culture. Ghanda has created a culture based on gossip, indirect communication and lack of respect for their front-line employees. The company continues to expand and grow with little forward planning, creating a magnitude of issues for existing employees. The head office staff inclusive of the CEOs are known to be rude and abrupt, whilst expecting unrealistic standards of store staff that they would be unable to attain themselves. The negative culture at Ghanda starts with the CEOs and trickles down. The lack of experience in the CEOs and higher management is evident. The company does not have a formal HR department; therefore, staff are to rely on the undertrained management teams or CEOs to maintain a healthy work environment and ensure ethical behavior. Legal compliance, ethics, diversity, establishing fair compensation and accurately assessing performance all fall by the wayside to be replaced with a ‘growth-at-all-costs’ mindset. The internal issues run so deep within this business it would take an entire overhaul and restructure to fix. It is highly disappointing considering the potential Ghanda has to be a successful pillar in Australia fashion retail, instead of company whose reputation is tainted with each employee they treat with a lack of care.
Pros
Work is simple
Cons
Company Culture
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
19 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. As a business, we are working hard to improve our employee engagement and company culture. If you can provide any further information in regards to what you have referenced here, we encourage you to contact support@ghanda.com or your designated Support Staff Member (as per our Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy) to escalate your concerns.At Ghanda, we are proud of our status as an Equal Opportunity Employer and our relatively flat management structure that we hope encourages all team members to feel comfortable raising any concerns about their employment with us.
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
Official response from Ghanda Clothing
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.