Ghanda Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ghanda Clothing Work–Life Balance reviews

I worked here for only 3 months because they were requesting impossible tasks to be completed in an impossible time frame. I told them from the beginning that I would not work weekends and after a few weeks i was working both weekend days or would not get a shift during the week as punishment.
14 January 2021
Hello,We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a better experience with us but thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have passed this on for further review.
A lot of opportunity to learn with multifaceted roles, and plenty of room to grow and move if you see yourself wanting to try new things.High level of communication both internally and externally with a great culture of open communication from all areas of the business, which flows al the way down into the retail stores.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to grow
The whole structure of the company and the morality of the higher management. This company will surprise any employee with how personal and human the whole company as a whole is.
Pros
The discounts, people, management, and company!
Cons
Busy days especially around Christmas - you'll be run off your feet.
8 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review 🌻☀️
i really thought Ghanda was a good store to work for. but I was wrong. i believe all business have to make you sign something even as a casual. Ghanda did not. i never signed anything to say I was employed with the company which to me is a very big red flag. i got very minimal training when I first started which I felt is very wrong to throw employees into such a fast paced job. management is horrible as they have hired people that cannot do their job properly. and there isn't much structure at all to each day. you are expected to do so much when it is completely unreachable. i feel as though there needs to be more effort from the managers as it is the casauls who do most the work which is not a good thing. i would not recommend working at Ghanda at all we never get the amount of breaks we are supposed to and get treated like dirt. never rewarded for all the good we do only talked down to if we make one little mistake.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, toxic environment, poor management
7 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve our in store processes and training. Can you please email support@ghanda.com some more information on which store this was so that we can investigate further?
Dodgy company who can't follow the law. No lunch breaks, expected to do overtime for free. Area manager was nasty and gossips to other team members. Expected to do all stock, make budget, keep shop tidy and have no lunch as you work by yourself all day. No support from head office. Fairwork need to be notified.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no lunch, horrible environment
Worked with Ghanda for 2+ years. Got treated like dirt by management & owner is rude too, intimidating a lot of staff members as being told by other coworkers. Never got lunch breaks, forced to work long hours alone on busy days and still expected to keep the shop tidy, god forbid if it wasn’t. Yet management would put people on with them when they worked to suit them and make them look good. Forced to get to work 10+ minutes early and forced to stay back to cash up 15+ minutes that you don’t get paid for, ends up being a lot of work for free. Got threatening text messages weekly from management which lead me to be scared to come into work some days. If I wanted a day off, that would absolutely not be allowed even though I was so loyal to the company, I ask for one day off and I get told no. I requested time off 4 months in advance and got turned down. Even though they gave me 3 shifts a week IF I was lucky, still wasn’t allowed to get a shift covered if I needed it. Favour people who do the wrong thing by giving them double the amount of shifts, don’t praise loyal dedicated staff members. Do not work for this company, you will get bullied, underpaid, treated like dirt and most likely leave work crying some days. Fair work needs to look into this business and how they treat their staff, because what they are doing is so illegal it’s not even funny.
7 January 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us but thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
Overall a good company to work for however management and payroll was terribly run, no space to progress. There was no breaks on all day shifts if you were the only person working, which meant a 10 hour shift where you would have to try fit lunch in during your shift.
Pros
Plenty of shifts and hours
Cons
no breaks, tedious work
14 January 2021
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our in store processes and training.
When I first started working for ghanda I had a fantastic manager. Higher management had ridiculous expectations for one person working in a shop. You’d. Be expected to complete 8 boxes of delivery, clean , fold and serve customers without a break. The shop toilet for staff was disgusting, I wouldn’t let my dog use it ! The way they treat their staff is disgusting and so unprofessional! They promise you hours and then don’t roster you in, but your expected to drop everything as soon as they call.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours on your feet, no break
7 January 2021
I learnt a lot working at ghanda and the people I worked with were very easy to get along with. Everyone worked as a team and when we were busy in the summer time we would push through, Loved my time here
8 January 2021
if you had an issue you had to wait until the higher manager would come visit from Melbourne. there was a big issue with stealing/security. sometimes you didn't feel safe in the store all by yourself because the only security was a mirror, no cameras or alarms. some days you didn't get a break because you were working on your own so you cant leave the store.
Pros
good staff (team)
Cons
long hours, on your feet all day, some days you dont get a break.