GHD Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Amazing place to work
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2019
As a work experience student, GHD was very welcoming and accommodating. Working with industry trained professionals in engineering fields opened my eyes to the world of opportunities.
Good, collaborative, stimulationg working enviroment
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Water (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD26 September 2015
Wide range of projects and office / site work.
Good blend of ages, experience and skills among staff.
Receptive to innovation and promotes good ideas.
Well managed with appropriate focus on project financials, progress, client relationships.
Morale is low
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane26 June 2015
If I'm encouraged to take another day of my holidays and still work because my job is over budget or there isn't enough work I'm going to scream. The same goes for booking time to leave without pay. It's not fair and a company that prides itself on respecting its staff needs to take a hard look at themselves.
Pros
Nice office space in the middle of the city.
Cons
Having to charge time to leave without pay, annual leave, etc. Very long hours. Proposals thrown together at last minute, often resulting in poorly scoped and budgeted. Noisy, open plan work environment (but I guess that's everywhere these days).
Cut Throat
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane20 June 2015
The culture is cut-throat, with layoffs occurring at regular intervals. Staff are repeatedly told at meetings that it's management's intention no more layoffs will occur, but as soon as things get tough it's farewell to a few work mates. If you're working on a job that involves somebody in another office, you probably won't find out the person is gone, until a deadline has been missed. It's like, "Oh yeah, didn't you know that such and such was made redundant?" Nice. The work is interesting, though and I enjoy the variety of projects that look good on my CV. But sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. I don't enjoy the environment and have started looking elsewhere for work.
Pros
Great projects.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, regular layoffs.
Current structure is hard to work in.
Senior Technical Officer/Safety Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD14 May 2015
GHD was the place to work up until many changes within management occurred on a regular basis over the last few years of my employ. What used to be a great TEAM effort became very much solo with limited support from management and very little if any recognition of efforts shown.
Pros
Exposure to various projects and people.
Cons
Effort required for little compensation
Great staff and committed to their craft
Principal Resource Geologist Coal (Former Employee) –  Ann Street,Brisbane, QLD, Australia12 January 2015
Work initially involved reviewing and rebuilding a geological model using computer software. Rebuilding the geology involved interrogating and editing the correlations for a Central Queensland Mine. The work was time constrained and also required coal quality to be built.

In the current job climate this role was casual and contracted only for work available. My co-workers are some of the best people I have worked with in the past, all dedicated geologists and geotechnical engineers comparable to any former colleagues with whom I have associated.

The most enjoyable aspect of the work was becoming proficient in geological modelling software that had previously not been used for over 12 years.
Pros
Good staff and readily accepted into the group
Cons
Time constraints, getting up to speed with a project initiated by someone else
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 March 2014
I am a Graduate Structural Engineer working in the Property and Buildings Sector.
Professional ,productive environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD31 July 2013
No Day is the sanme , varies according to specific projects available.
Last 5 jears I was seconded into Santos dealing with water issues, hardly saw my own management, maybe a meeting every 3 weeks.
Inside Santos a healthy work environment, worked in a team that worked well together, hardly any conflicked as everybody was focused in delivering the project.
Pros
Being on the forefront of new developments
Cons
Long hours, lots of field work and travelling
Good friendly enviroment to work
Cadet Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane20 October 2012
GHD provideds equal work/life balance and continues to help in any way they can, but through some poor management and highly unnessary employment of several people have lead to unessary redundentcies.