GHD Employee Review

Cut Throat
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane20 June 2015
The culture is cut-throat, with layoffs occurring at regular intervals. Staff are repeatedly told at meetings that it's management's intention no more layoffs will occur, but as soon as things get tough it's farewell to a few work mates. If you're working on a job that involves somebody in another office, you probably won't find out the person is gone, until a deadline has been missed. It's like, "Oh yeah, didn't you know that such and such was made redundant?" Nice. The work is interesting, though and I enjoy the variety of projects that look good on my CV. But sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. I don't enjoy the environment and have started looking elsewhere for work.
Pros
Great projects.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, regular layoffs.

Other GHD Employee Reviews

Good working environment with opportunities to develop your career
Engineering Geologist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 May 2019
It Was alright working with GHD. Although one year had been working with them, the workload has been low with fewer clients. But overall, a great place to work at as well as having the opportunities to work internally abroad.
Pros
Can't think of any at the moment.
Cons
Long working hours, no employer benefit
Amazing place to work
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2019
As a work experience student, GHD was very welcoming and accommodating. Working with industry trained professionals in engineering fields opened my eyes to the world of opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GHD. Our community is ready to answer.