Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Management have multiple layers of Reporting
Senior Technology Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA19 July 2019
Too many chiefs and indians are not led well due to redundant management positions. The company grew really fast and direction of IT was lost in the process.
Great group of people to work with
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA11 July 2019
The company uses software to document and manage deviations and non-conforming lab events. This also requires setting up regular meetings with task owners allowing for human interaction as well as using technology to maintain the business workflow.
Great products, cured Hepatitis C
HCV Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA11 July 2019
Called on Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectious Disease specialists. Sold Sovaldi, Harvoni and Epclusa for Hepatitis C. Once you were in a certain specialty, it was hard to move around the company into another role.
Productive and very busy work area.Nice Cafeteria
Sr. Veeva Vault Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA9 July 2019
This is a so so place to work. There are a lot of vendors companies in Gilead. Vendor companies make the resources work like crazy. The client is good to work
Intense work environment with growth opportunities
Specialist III, Commercial QA (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA8 July 2019
Gilead is a very fast paced and intense company to work at. I learned and honed my quality assurance skills such as coordinating with contract manufacturers on deviations, CAPAs, and change controls. CMO management was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. I also was able to contribute to new product launches by reviewing validation batch records,testing data, and drug product package inserts. The culture at Gilead can be difficult for some people as it is very fast paced, but the people there were always a pleasure to work with. The most difficult part of the job was managing and prioritizing all of the urgent requests.
Great place.
Technical Labeling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA1 July 2019
Disciplined and highly productive place.LOVED it:)
Great opportunities for advancement. Work load was heavy but there were number of fun activities to balance out...An exciting place to be-enjoyed being part of labeling operations(commercial)
Pros
Shuttle
Cons
Distance from the silicon valley
Positive Work Culture
Cardiovascular Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NY25 June 2019
Overall great place to work very happy with experience and would highly recommend to others interested. Executive level changes did stir up conversations of uncertainty at times however, not many changes implemented yet. They strive to do the best for their patients. Training was excelent very challenging and interactive. Would highly recommend networking.
Productive workplace
Clinical Records Associate I (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA18 June 2019
Plenty of opportunities for growth and cross-functional experience. Company provides training, both scientific and administrative. Fun events and flexible schedule provide good work-life balance.
Only as golden as you are
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CA10 June 2019
If you are a golden child you will climb quick and love working here- the good ole boys club is alive and well. However, if you aren't it will be like cycling through mud while towing a yack.
Entreprise à fuir
It (Former Employee) –  Boulogne-Billancourt (92)7 June 2019
L’ambiance est horrible dans tous les services, on sent un mal être général et du coup les gens sont agressifs , je n’avais qu’une envie le matin en arrivant c’était de repartir, de m’enfuir en courant.
Le manager à l’IT lui se sauvait dans les autres filiales toute la semaine...
Pros
Le café et les fruits quand il en restait
Cons
L’ambiance, le climat très bizarre
Horrible culture of fear
Director, Facilities and Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA26 May 2019
Gilead is run by the old timers and it has an horrible reputation and culture. They like to manage by fear and fire people as quickly as they hire them. Thank God the CEO changed recently and will hopefully change the culture by starting to remove the old timers who have no business running a billion dollar business.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Severe internal dysfunction
Really? (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA21 May 2019
- CYA culture and other atrocious behaviors by Senior and Executive Gilead IT personnel.
- Myopic Gilead IT leaders who expect extreme, blind loyalty yet do not understand that blind loyalty abrogates stated core values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Accountability
- Intimidation tactics, humiliation, and bullying of employees who have different opinions
- Manipulation and fraudulent behavior to “re-write” history in favor of Gilead IT
- No one in Gilead IT Leadership is held accountable because of cronyism
- Narcistic, self important, arrogant attitudes stymy scientic/medical business progress and patient-first efforts
- Witholding critical information from business partners to manipulate decisions favoring Gilead IT, regardless of patient needs
- Subpar internal Gilead IT business acumen with an even lower understanding of the Pharma business partners they support
- Zero priority customer-focus environment
- Extreme dysfunctionality mixed with trumpian-like narcistic culture
Pros
Hopefully new CEO will reinstill Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Excellence
Cons
Exec and Sr Leaders who intimidate, manipulate, and bully
Excellent Benefits- if you produce you make money-
Executive Institution Sales (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC18 May 2019
I loved my time at Gilead.. they expect alot and pay a lot... I like that, if you work, you get paid well. If you don’t like that environment, Gilead Sales is not for you.
I am one of the CD reps getting downsized due to product going generic in June. We have known for 18 months this was going to happen, who does that? They paid a rention bonus and severance. What more could they do. I didn’t want to leave, I would have stayed until retirement if I could have.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of new products
Horrible work life balance
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA14 May 2019
Culture promotes competition among internal groups. There is lot of internal politics. Management favoritism is common. They prefer hiring externally than promoting employees. They treat their vendors as servants and ridicule them publicly.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Work life balance is bad
Large Biotech good place to work
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alabama16 April 2019
Gilead is a great company, in need of pipeline and M and A development. Recent changes in the senior leadership have led to significant changes in company culture. Gilead stays strong to the passion of provideing medicine to patients with unmet medical needs.
Great Experience
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA15 April 2019
The people are wonderful. They pay well and I love the mission of the company.Great fast paced environment with a performance based reward culture. workbalance
Hard working environment
Personal Assistant to Directors (Current Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 April 2019
Gilead is a very empowering company to work for - saving lives.
Its a very busy and fast paced place to work.
Culture is nice and some really fantastic minds work there.
Pros
Great benefits and your well being is looked after
Doing greater good in a demanding enviornment
Associated Director - IT Finance (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA10 April 2019
Lean by design is a phrase heard often at Gilead and it is true. Individual in Finance needs to manage up, support C-level executives with their strategies and objectives, and be able to work details and system, budget load and accrual. It is a demanding working environment.
Wonderful team based sales approach
Executive Institutional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florida5 April 2019
I am sorry to have to leave Gilead Sciences. I thought I would retire here. I've been the team leader of Florida for 12 years. My colleagues are the best in the industry. Everyone works together to help each other to succeed and be the best they can possibly be. My manager also was the best manager I have had in industry. He understood as I do, that the patient always comes first. With this wonderful work ethic we became close to our customers and always exceeded our corporate sales goals. Our customers knew we would always do our best and work exceptionally hard to get the best outcomes for their patients. It is a wonderful work environment here that I am sad to leave. I would love to stay in rare disease and work with a company that values integrity and has a strong work ethic like Gilead.
Pros
Great work environment
Pay for performance
Therapeutic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA3 April 2019
Demanding but satisfying place to work.love the culture. The people are the best of the best! Great products and good management. They will continue to do great things.
Pros
It is you own business
Cons
Pay for performance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilead Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.