GJ Gardner Homes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GJ Gardner Homes Employee Reviews

No issues - very focused on client needs and fairness. Staff communication the hardest challenge. Very respectful owners. Current trials due to virus the hardest situation
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Lack of information
Very poorly run , poor quality homes built Owner has no experience and built poor quality homesHigh price for poor quality Build with them you need to prey
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long hour unpaid
Sales could have received more support from management and customer service. Due to the franchise structure there was little to no area specific advertising done to generate customer inquiry.
Pros
I got paid and was treated fairly by my direct manager
Cons
You are expected to prospect for the majority of business opportunities
G.J. Gardner is a great company to work for, the extensive training from head office and also from the franchise is faultless. Truly a delight to work for.
Pros
Great work balance, endless support
Cons
Base is a little low but commissions are good when they roll on
A challenging yet rewarding place to work. Plenty of fantastic incentives and a large network of individuals across the country to work with and bounce ideas off. Fantastic opportunities to up-skill with training programs.
Loved working for Gj and their product is second to none in Gympie. Very proud to sell Gj Homes. . The team there were excellent! If you are passionate about sales and new homes this is the company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility and good people
Cons
Bad building climate makes sales tough
I Started my career as a Site Manager with GJ Gardner Homes. I studied a Cert4 in Building and Construction and was with the business for 2 years. In that time, I learned the essential skills of how to build single and double story dwellings.
great place to work for people are great even if your a person who has just started out with abn's very helpful and pays are in when they say and correct an true amounts.
Pros
top work life, good hours, pays great
Cons
supervisors need to be more direct
This was a perfect fit and as I went from a showroom consultant with tiling, plumbing and cabinetry experience to office administration/manager in a franchise building new homes I learnt so much and the company really took off. From building 10 homes to 25-30 homes a year, I had great team support but was able to make executive decisions to move the local identity of the business forward.
 Council documentation preparation  Prestart for residential housing developments  Liaison with various council and shire departments for building and planning approvals  Design of complex documents using complete Microsoft Office package  Coordination of business resources  Cost analysis
Pros
Exposure to a variety of work experiences, regular working hours, ability to liaise with contractors, clients and other relevant stakeholders
Cons
Poor management
I found GJ Gardner a great company to work for. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a great working relationship with them and thoroughly enjoyed my time doing so. They understood the importance of Interior Design. I only looked for other work as I had almost completed all I could do for them in assisting to revamp their Franchise Design Studios. I would have loved a full time job with them.
Other Gj Gardner franchises may be ok.This business owner has lost interest and direction.Would not recommend this company to any prospective employees.
The hours are long the crew is a lovely bunch over-all a great experience I appreciated the chance to work for them and would do it again
Franchise owners have no idea of a sales consultant role, they are rude, arrogant and unsupportive. I would not recommend these employers.
Meeting with customers and making sure that all paperwork is in order. Learning more about the building industry was very interesting. It was a family owned company which made it close nit. The only other employees was the owners and they were always fun. The hardest time was getting my head around the operating system as it was owned by the franchise. The most enjoyable part was seeing a families fun when they open their door to the house that they seen progressing.
Pros
Being able to roam around the building site seeing how the houses progress
Cons
I was not their nearly long enough
a typical day at work is too busy from the monment you arrive to after you get home.