GJ Gardner Homes

25: GJ Gardner Homes Employee Reviews

Australia25 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

You will leave work everyday with a smile

Working in the GJ Gardner Essendon Team has been an absolute delight. The Franchise/ management team very much have an open door policy and the whole team offers you an endless supply of support. Your days are busy and fast but the team make it so enjoyable.

Great Directors and supportive Team environment

GJ Gardner Homes Inner North West is a great place to work as a Construction Supervisor. Directors are friendly and approachable. There is a great team environment and you are always supported. A positive work-life balance is encouraged.

Fun and Supportive Workplace

Collaborative, friendly and fun small team, supportive management and always an opportunity for extra training and personal development. I've worked with this family run company for many years and so glad I made the change.

Feel the Joy building and working!

- Fantastic team and culture- Endless resources & ongoing training- Family owned business and local builder- Supportive and fun environment- Constant opportunity for development and growth

Pros

Fun, collaborative and supportive work environment

Cons

Eating to many delicious snacks!

Great team based company with ample support

I have struggled to find a company in the past I have enjoyed coming to work in the past. I have now since love coming into work and being around my colleagues at GJ Gardner homes and feel like they support me constantly

Pros

Flexible work/ life balance

Cons

Na

I worked at GJ Gardner Homes Hobart, and they made me feel like a part of the family.

At G J Gardner Hobart, it is like working with your family, every staff member is a team and it shows in the day to day running. The Management are fantastic to work for and treat you like your apart of their family. Highly recommend working for this company, i did for over 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed every day.

Supportive team

Great team and software to be able to produce the required workload and also get help if unsure. Really inclusive environment with team bonuses based on yearly performance. It can be hard work but it is rewarding, especially going to handovers and seeing the houses in the flesh and the happy clients at the end

Excellent company with a great management team

A company that genuinely cares about the wellbeing of their employees and franchisees.Clear direction from management and a flexible workplace culture.The team culture is very inclusive and the people are very friendly and helpful

Pros

Flexible work practices

Cons

No real cons

Great team culture & caring leadership

Company is great to work for, brand new office, team are professional and supportive, interesting work with inspiring leadership.

Client Focus

No issues - very focused on client needs and fairness. Staff communication the hardest challenge. Very respectful owners. Current trials due to virus the hardest situation

Pros

Caring staff

Cons

Lack of information

Stressful

Very poorly run , poor quality homes built Owner has no experience and built poor quality homesHigh price for poor quality Build with them you need to prey

Pros

Nil

Cons

Long hour unpaid

It was like wearing 3 hats at once with little sales support

Sales could have received more support from management and customer service. Due to the franchise structure there was little to no area specific advertising done to generate customer inquiry.

Pros

I got paid and was treated fairly by my direct manager

Cons

You are expected to prospect for the majority of business opportunities

Can't Fault

G.J. Gardner is a great company to work for, the extensive training from head office and also from the franchise is faultless. Truly a delight to work for.

Pros

Great work balance, endless support

Cons

Base is a little low but commissions are good when they roll on

Family feel & great network

A challenging yet rewarding place to work. Plenty of fantastic incentives and a large network of individuals across the country to work with and bounce ideas off. Fantastic opportunities to up-skill with training programs.

Loved working for Gj and their product is second to none in Gympie. Very proud to sell Gj Homes. . The team there were excellent! If you are passionate about sales and new homes this is the company to work for.

Pros

Flexibility and good people

Cons

Bad building climate makes sales tough

Good Franchise to work with

I Started my career as a Site Manager with GJ Gardner Homes. I studied a Cert4 in Building and Construction and was with the business for 2 years. In that time, I learned the essential skills of how to build single and double story dwellings.

grat hours and plenty of work

great place to work for people are great even if your a person who has just started out with abn's very helpful and pays are in when they say and correct an true amounts.

Pros

top work life, good hours, pays great

Cons

supervisors need to be more direct

Loved working here

This was a perfect fit and as I went from a showroom consultant with tiling, plumbing and cabinetry experience to office administration/manager in a franchise building new homes I learnt so much and the company really took off. From building 10 homes to 25-30 homes a year, I had great team support but was able to make executive decisions to move the local identity of the business forward.

GJ Gardner Homes Work Experience

 Council documentation preparation  Prestart for residential housing developments  Liaison with various council and shire departments for building and planning approvals  Design of complex documents using complete Microsoft Office package  Coordination of business resources  Cost analysis

Pros

Exposure to a variety of work experiences, regular working hours, ability to liaise with contractors, clients and other relevant stakeholders

Cons

Poor management

They were a very busy yet organised company to work with. I really enjoyed my time with them. Unfortunately the work was running out .

I found GJ Gardner a great company to work for. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a great working relationship with them and thoroughly enjoyed my time doing so. They understood the importance of Interior Design. I only looked for other work as I had almost completed all I could do for them in assisting to revamp their Franchise Design Studios. I would have loved a full time job with them.

poor management

Other Gj Gardner franchises may be ok.This business owner has lost interest and direction.Would not recommend this company to any prospective employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GJ Gardner Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare GJ Gardner Homes with