Gladstone Regional Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Gladstone Regional Council Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits

Small workforce, varied tasks, customer service based

A combination of customer service, receipting council matters eg. rates, animal registrations, beach access permits, library duties. A flexible working place in regards to part time or full time work, family orientated. As a long time employee (21 yrs and 7 mths, council introduced multi-skilling, so work was always varied and different each day! Customer’s requests were from researching for school projects, assisting how to set up email addresses and applying for employment on our public computers, to selection of books from any genre. Many opportunities to enrol in online courses pertaining to my position, knowledge enhancement was always encouraged. I also created displays for community based events in foyer and within the library area , promoting to customers reasons to attend. Responsible for entering of hall hire requests into computer system (Microsoft Outlook), 10 rooms in total, another task was managing the office mailbox through email.

Pros

Access to computers on lunch breaks, free Wifi, central position near shops and amenities. Able to build flexitime.

Cons

Even though tasks were varied, could become repetitive.

Depending on the section your in.

Look I had a bad time there, I was more qualified in my position then my coordinator, supervisor and ganger. Any hope of job progression nil because the of family ties and looking after mates which is against the council code of conduct but code of conduct is for the workers not the bosses. The end came due to my ill mental health from bullying.

friendly and cooperative staff

perfect management and supportive and friendly colleagues are two important elements that made Gladstone Regional Council one the best local council in Queensland.

great work mates and good place to work.

team talk to start day, Directing traffic to the tip face as in ie: all waste removal trucks, taking cover lids off tip face, pushing up of rubbish to be compacted, watering of roads to keep dust down, looking after green waste area, and all other areas that pertain to the landfill.

Pros

good job

Cons

Ok place to work

Ok place for the salary offered, towards the end of my time at Council the morale had dropped considerably and I believe it is even worse now.

Senior Compliance and Quality Control Officer

I have developed extensive knowledge and experience in water treatment and distribution systems. In particular during the past 5 years I have been instrumental in establishing systems for a large regional authority’s services, and specifically implementing the continuous quality improvement activities that ensure optimum service delivery and on-going compliance. As the Senior Compliance and Quality Control Officer and more recently as a Consultant, my activities have embraced:  project management; quality management;  internal auditing; and operations management. Central to these activities was my creating, developing, managing and signing-off on successive projects involving water supply infrastructure and water quality, with positive results such as:  the Council’s Drinking Water Quality Management Plan;  a NATA-compliant Laboratory Quality Management System;  Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG 2011)-compliant Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for Water Supply Monitoring;  Risk and Non-conformance Registers for water and sewage treatment plants, laboratories and operational workshops; and  SOPs for monitoring effluent according to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) licenses. The Laboratory Quality Management System incorporates NATA-compliant operational procedures and timetables for laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance, Laboratory Quality Policy, and Procedures Manual. I also created and implemented the laboratory health and safety manuals. As a Consultant I have created water quality compliance reports and enacted other systems -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gladstone Regional Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3