glamaCo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

glamaCo Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
PROS-
-friendly staff , nice managers

-30 min lunch break :)

- lovely customers

CONS-

- Minimal- no shifts ie. 1 shift per fortnight - you cant live on that

- No training- with high expectations

- Must be a qualified hairstylist or Beautician dont pay accordingly

- high turnover of staff ( always employing new staff 24/7)

- Frequent change of rosters with sometimes less than one days notice

- Holiday requests impossible

not suitable for anyone with bills to pay
I loved working for this company it was fun ,they pay well and give great incentives and discounts,training nights and give you samples to try and also give you products.I loved how busy it is and day goes very fast.Very professional.Was sad I had to leave.
Only thing I didn’t like was starting at 8.00am as too early for me lol.9.00 would have been perfect haha.
Very poor management overall especially manager at kawana. No training or direction. Worst regional manager I've dealt with. Worst place to work! They'll get rid of you as quick as they hire you!
This place gives no induction or training, no communication whatsoever about what or when you are getting paid, or what shifts you will be working. I did not receive a contract until 2 weeks in. The ONLY thing they are clear about is how to welcome customers which is super specific. You would think they would like to teach you product knowledge or WHERE the products are around the store but you are just left to figure all that out on your own.
Horrible place to work they bully staff and treat you terribly! In the 2 years I worked there we were on our 4th manager and most of the original staff had left or were thinking about leaving !
Most of the staff are great, the management and head office are very full on and involved. They throw around written warnings for very unfair reasons. Ultimately I felt bullied out of my job
Pros
Two 10minute lunch breaks
Cons
High staff turn over, expect to much for one person, treat you poorly
Very same same daily, had to unpack huge orders in five minutes, no proper training, expected to not talk unless spoken to, no real variation in daily activities.
Stressful its a hard job but the team i have are amazing fun and bubbly with awsome work attitude and makes it a pleasure to be there for them. I have learnt more about time management and overall running a tight ship.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at glamaCo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5