Glassons Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend to anyone
Worker in charge (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD26 January 2019
Before I was hired at Glassons I loved shopping there and loved the clothes, and I still do. But working there is a whole other story
1. Management treat you like so poorly, never a positive word to anyone, they aren’t trained and have no idea what they’re doing
2. Upper management is even worse. Many staff have gone to them for issues and have basically been accused of ‘lying or misunderstanding the situation’
3. You are expected to arrive early and finish late, all of which is unpaid for when you’re already getting the minimum wage
4. You are expected to work over time, work sometimes 12 hour days and not get paid over time
5. Your opinion is never asked, wanted or needed and the store is always extremely understaffed.
6. You ‘have to’ wear current clothes, even though we get no clothing allowance, basically some of your already low pay is supposed to go on new clothes every fortnight..
Pros
Made some great friends, 40% discount
Cons
Poor management, unpaid overtime, unappreciated
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2019
rReally fun environment, and great people. Weren't flexible enough for me to balance between year 12 work and work. Not enough shifts and because of that I had to spend all my pay on clothes to wear to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough shifts. short hours
Productive Workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 December 2018
A typical day at work includes spreading positivity and guidance to customers and optimum service for their needs. Going above and beyond to deliver the best customer service.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Large bullying culture
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 October 2018
- Shocking Training program. They promise you management progression and then get bored of you and choose newer employees to take your place
- constantly threaten to take your shifts away
-expect you to dress head to toe in new Glassons clothes every shift and when the items go out of the store you are told you must buy new clothes out of your own pocket (only given a discount and cannot claim this on tax, and we are given no clothing allowance)
- the upper management. (state manager etc) bullies and has unrealistic goals inflicted on lower management which Is carried down to casuals.
- full of gossiping, catty and rude behaviour, immaturity and young inexperienced management
-dont get paid for team meetings which are often held at 6pm-8pm on a week nights
-is criticised for not wearing a cake face of makeup

The only good parts were *some* of the girls there, easy job and nice discount. I would not recommend this work place. It has been toxic for my and many other employees' mental health. They have no sympathy when someone is sick- whenever you ask to block off days. They view this as unreliable and undedicated. I have never been so disrespected and patronised in my life.
Pros
easy job, discount
Cons
poor training program, gossipy culture, unrealistic standards, have no respect for employees and their hard work
People focused work place
State Visual Merchandiser (VM) (Former Employee) –  Queensland15 November 2017
I learnt many skills including:
- management, how to work with a diverse group of people from all areas
- flexibility
- how to work under fast paced conditions
- how to prioritise
- time management and planning
- how to work with different personalities and how to achieve the best results from each individual
- good work culture
- the people and training were the most enjoyable part of the job. Have the opportunity to contribute to another persons learning and watching them succeed.
Pros
Great people
Fast paced environment
Sales Assistant / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2017
There is typically no time for standing around, especially on the weekends as the location and products of the store attract such a wide range of customers. As this was my first job, I had nothing to compare it to but I loved working with girls around my age and being taught the ins and outs of working in retail.
Pros
Amazing staff discounts
Great training for disposable employees
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 July 2017
While the training program used by the company is extensive and informative, the company generally view employees as people who work FOR them, not WITH them. This results in high staff turnover, poor resolution of concerns and a very disposable culture for people. Have seen it go from a tight knit family business to a money hungry, stand-on-people-to-gain-success business. Increasingly poor transparency with staff has resulted in confusion and disappointment for many employees.
Motivated, bubbly, fun atmosphere
Sales assistant - Casual employment (Former Employee) –  Dubbo1 April 2015
Glassons provided a creative environment that allowed me to get career progression in the fashion industry. Being able to work with friends and connect with new co-workers and build relationships within the store made the workplace a fun and happy environment. Working at Glassons allowed me to voice my opinions and perspectives on merchandising and being able to take risks to gain more knowledge in the fashion industry. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a fantastic team that helped me in the training program within the fashion industry. Going into work with fun, upbeat music and clothes that were up to date in trends and being able to show them off and also having co-workers that made work fun, happy and an environment that was great to work in :)
Pros
Massive discounts on the clothes!!