Glassons Employee Reviews

Large bullying culture
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 October 2018
- Shocking Training program. They promise you management progression and then get bored of you and choose newer employees to take your place
- constantly threaten to take your shifts away
-expect you to dress head to toe in new Glassons clothes every shift and when the items go out of the store you are told you must buy new clothes out of your own pocket (only given a discount and cannot claim this on tax, and we are given no clothing allowance)
- the upper management. (state manager etc) bullies and has unrealistic goals inflicted on lower management which Is carried down to casuals.
- full of gossiping, catty and rude behaviour, immaturity and young inexperienced management
-dont get paid for team meetings which are often held at 6pm-8pm on a week nights
-is criticised for not wearing a cake face of makeup

The only good parts were *some* of the girls there, easy job and nice discount. I would not recommend this work place. It has been toxic for my and many other employees' mental health. They have no sympathy when someone is sick- whenever you ask to block off days. They view this as unreliable and undedicated. I have never been so disrespected and patronised in my life.
Pros
easy job, discount
Cons
poor training program, gossipy culture, unrealistic standards, have no respect for employees and their hard work
Fast paced environment
Sales Assistant / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2017
There is typically no time for standing around, especially on the weekends as the location and products of the store attract such a wide range of customers. As this was my first job, I had nothing to compare it to but I loved working with girls around my age and being taught the ins and outs of working in retail.
Pros
Amazing staff discounts
Great training for disposable employees
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 July 2017
While the training program used by the company is extensive and informative, the company generally view employees as people who work FOR them, not WITH them. This results in high staff turnover, poor resolution of concerns and a very disposable culture for people. Have seen it go from a tight knit family business to a money hungry, stand-on-people-to-gain-success business. Increasingly poor transparency with staff has resulted in confusion and disappointment for many employees.
Motivated, bubbly, fun atmosphere
Sales assistant - Casual employment (Former Employee) –  Dubbo1 April 2015
Glassons provided a creative environment that allowed me to get career progression in the fashion industry. Being able to work with friends and connect with new co-workers and build relationships within the store made the workplace a fun and happy environment. Working at Glassons allowed me to voice my opinions and perspectives on merchandising and being able to take risks to gain more knowledge in the fashion industry. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a fantastic team that helped me in the training program within the fashion industry. Going into work with fun, upbeat music and clothes that were up to date in trends and being able to show them off and also having co-workers that made work fun, happy and an environment that was great to work in :)
Pros
Massive discounts on the clothes!!

Want to know more about Glassons?

Ask a question