GlaxoSmithKline
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Fantastic place, supportive management, lot to learn and the team will keep you busy as there is always lots of things happening across the Globe and APAC.
Pros
Free company products and discounted offerings for staff
Cons
Bit of long hours at reporting time but flexible for an early mark on Fridays
I learned a lot from pharmaceutical packaging/manufacturing side out business. People take ownership of what they do everyday. Rarely see the higher management on the production floor only on special meetings.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
Work life balance
It was a great place to work with lots of opportunities I was in a Global role with my manager based in Philadephia. I supported several countries with different requirements that made the job challenging and interesting. My peers were based around the Globe and we supported each other.
Recruit via contract by advising just paperwork to move over which is not true. Big disparity between contract roles and company roles especially for maternity. Marketing advise of unethical procedure.
Official response from GlaxoSmithKline
24 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. We really value our employee’s feedback and it’s important that our employees feel supported. We are focused on creating a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone at GSK can feel able and inspired to realise their potential. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us via our Speak Up channel at https://gsk.i-sight.com/landing-page/ to provide more specific information so that we may look further into the concerns that you have expressed.
Fast paced manufacturing company Great pay rates as a casaul Varied shifts 7 days a week Great subidised canteen cheap meals Discount shop to purchase items (toothpaste etc )
Great working environment Flexible & relaxed approach to tasks Lunch time walks No over time I learned that these global environments can be as fun as well as challenging sometimes. Specially when it comes to job security. Restructures are a hard reality of these times & when it hits you, it's not pretty at all. Although the benefit of working in the global companies is that they support you at every step including at your time of redundancy by providing outplacement support etc.
Contributing to Team Success Customer Focus. Continuous Improvement Adaptability Applied Learning Communication Managing Conflict Managing Work (includes Time Management
There are a lot of nice and knowledge colleagues to work with, however, the management level does not have vision and does not see the value of technical stuffs. They expect leadership of everyone and do not respect the people who actually got things done. Good people tend to leave the company.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
poor management
The company undergoes restructures every 18 months. The sales team no longer is assessed or incentivized on sales results but by how the sales call is performed. The culture has become very conservative and creativity is stifled by red tape. The focus is almost on what one should not do instead of what one should do.
Pros
Big organisation with great products.
Cons
Micro management on many levels.
I was contracted to GSK by a labour hire company on 2 occasions, great supportive team on site, learnt and shared many skills. It was an interesting time even though the short nature of both contracts
Great pay, unfortunately the opportunity for full time employment is very slim, overall a good place to work if you can work on call.canteen provided with full range of meals.
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
casual employment
Pays well for the most part in most areas of the business, there's worse places to work in the world. Get on and focus on what you're doing and you'll be fine
Pros
Subisdized lunch
Cons
Poor Management, Skeleton Staff
I joined GSK as my first job when I moved to Australia 6 years ago and the team made me feel so welcome. They are a great bunch of motivated and hard working individuals who really support each other.
Every day is different, but with the support of both management and proactive behaviour of staff from different functions issues are never insurmountable. It is hard to maintain a good work life balance, however the atmosphere and friendliness of the team make being at work pleasurable, it is like having an extended family
Similar to SB but more head office control. Again excellent people to work with. Learn so much. Variable management Diversity in jobs not so evident as previous, decreasing satisfaction. Nice environment High integrity
Pros
Great people
Cons
Head office control
GSK offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to people who are ready to push themselves and make a difference at work.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Long working hours
Working as a Project Administrator at GSK I have a variety of work to execute and I am constantly receiving more tasks. I always write down the specifications of the job to be executed and add to my list of work to do. I have co-works that are happy to assist me when needed, and I also make myself available. I have learned about program management and scheduling.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
A typical day always consist of continuous loading of up to 15 trucks and the manager oversees the affairs of work which will be supervised by warehouse keeper but before that can be done, safety officers check and pass in trucks to be sure they follow the safety guidelines
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Overtime
Global Healthcare company which was extremely innovative and ethical. Leading brand products. Enthusiastic co-workers. Building customer rapport is fundamental to success.
Responsible for fixed plant on a daily basis. Very varied and busy role attending to maintenance and breakdowns. • Ensure area specific equipment is maintained to agreed standard • Ensure planned maintenance and unplanned work is completed to agreed timescales. • Investigation and fault-finding activities carried out as required. • Identify equipment improvements and support continuous improvement activities. • Use of SAP to report maintenance and breakdown activities. • Ensure equipment complies with statutory regulations. • Support manufacturing department to ensure equipment performs as required • Ensure work orders and jobcards are completed within the specified time • Take part in safety audits when applicable • Sourcing alternative spare parts suppliers to reduce costs Worked closely with other team members and have formed good out of work friendships with several work colleagues. Most enjoyable part of the job was the variety, hardest part of the job was having to wait for spares to arrive on site in order to complete tasks (ordered of spares was sometimes out of my control due to management procedures).
Pros
Good working environment, flexible shift pattern
Cons
Management were more reactive than proactive
The most enjoyable part my job is I know what we make saves lives of young and old globally. Have learned to look out for one another when it comes to safety in the work place. Prevention is best cure.
Pros
3 days a week
  1. Employee Reviews