Global Cloud Xchange Employee Reviews

Best workplace
Network Engineer L1 (Current Employee) –  Kopar khairane24 March 2019
Best environment to learn and implement your technical skills and to learn lots of management skills. How to deal with international customers, also how to solve the network issues.
Pros
Lots of leaves
Cons
75 minute break
Product and Fun Place to work at
Senior Manager - (Lead - Business Process Group) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra28 May 2018
Great company to work at. I was there for a year and work environment is fine. Most enjoyable part of the job was it was a job with less stress and pressure
Good Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra23 May 2018
Good Place to Work.
Lots of learning
Place to sharpen your skills
Meet people and lots of customer
Good work Culture
Supportive team and Managers
Good People
Excellent company with good knowledgeable people around to learn new technologies.
Change Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra7 December 2017

Friendly atmosphere for the freshers to cope up after college and explore to corporate world.
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra22 November 2017
Good floor.
Huge Campus with lot of greenery around.
Good people
Good place to learn as specially for freshers.
24/7 process so have shifts
Provide services across glob.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Few Techonologies.
An alright company to work for
Facilities and Reception manager (Current Employee) –  London7 November 2017
no different from any average company

lots of changes going on at the moment

management is changing and based all over the world which can be difficult sometimes

the most difficult part of the job is the communication

head office is in india and there a culture difference so comms can be difficult sometimes

the people are good people
It was good experience except one company iyogi that was not upto the mark
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra17 October 2017
It is/was good experience..
I started with vcustomer that was amazing journey lots of fun and learning.
Iyogi was horrible in terms of employees satisfaction learning was good though
Rest companies are very good.
Good work environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra3 May 2017
Fun environment, reporting managers are always available to help you. And take you out from worst situation also. Work is more of process based. For beginners good place to work.
Pros
No NSA.
Cons
Long Shift hours
Global Company with decent benefits. Diverse culture work environment.
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY9 March 2017
Typical work day consists of going to thru emails and work with manger on a day to day schedule. Line manager is great to work with. We have diverse culture work environment.
Key Account manager
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala5 February 2017
Here i am working as key account manager. Its a marketing job and i am loving it.. The support we are getting from our boss and colleagues are very good.
Management is very poor in Management skills.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra2 January 2017
Management do not follow any stream line process and do not follow work ethics at all. No Salary hikes given to employees for more than 2 years.
Cons
Good company with employee friendly policies
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra19 September 2016
Pros

Less interference of management in day to day tasks. Shows trust in employees. Good facilities.

Cons

Appraisals are not on time.
Laid back atmosphere
Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO15 July 2016
I enjoyed working at GCX very much. They were very flexible with our schedules and we were able to work from home if needed.

Typically my day would consist of going through email right when I got into the office since half of my co-workers worked in India and were on different shifts. Once I went through my emails and cought up with everything going on with my orders, I would check my schedule to see what calls we had that day and prepare for those.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Challanging and Learning
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kopar Khairane, Maharashtra21 May 2016
We have customers all over the world. They complaints If their service gets affects. We open our ticket and start investigating issue.
Accordingly we take action on the same. I am learning IP, MPLS, Routing, Alcatel Lucent Transport.
The management are very much supportive and they appreciate also If someone does good job.
Co-workers are very much friendly and always present in needed time and help each other in bad time.
When we don't have any complaints from customer that is hardest part of the job.
Pressure from seniors and big outage in network are enjoyable part of job.
Pros
4 Days work and 4 Days holiday, Free Breakfast in night shift
Cons
Long Hours, No Increament
Global Cloud Xchange
Sr. Network Assurance Engineer - Transmission (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai13 May 2016
Good place to work, Work culture is good. Working environment is good. Co Workers are good and Very helpful in nature.Not having much work pressure.
Pros
Working environment.
Cons
Salary hike
Selling only IP transit in limited regions of the world where it is competitive
Enterprise Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA10 February 2016
Global Cloud Xchange changed its name from Reliance Globalcom, but did not follow through by offering any cloud services as it had announced. Additionally, it had a very limited U.S. network capacity and was really only competitive in India and emerging countries where it owned cable infrastructure.

In the time I was there, it went from the lower left quadrant on Gartner's Magic Quadrant, to being completely removed from the report. When selling to a CIO, for example, lacking 3rd party endorsements and a limited customer reference base created a very challenging sales environment.
For short time its good for self development, no growth for long time purpose.
Deputy Manager -Finance Controller (Current Employee) –  New Mumbai16 January 2016
Management is not focused about HR activities. wired payment structure and variable content. some unidentifiable pressure created.
Pros
nothing is expected
Good company
Quality Assurance & Managed Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO5 November 2015
GCX is a good company. My colleagues are really nice. The works timings are good. We have a lot of customers all over the world. I get to learn from many different situations.
Dysfunctional, Unorganized Mess
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 July 2015
This company has no leadership or direction. They do not value their employees, or employee loyalty. While most companies embrace new technology, and see the value of having people work remote, GCX is sentimental for the '80s, when everyone came into the office wearing suits, and were tied to their desks.
Pros
Affordable healthcare
Cons
No raises, you have to pay for your travel expenses up front, and there is no room for advancement.
A lot to learn
Tier-2 NOC Engineer-Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO28 June 2015
Global Cloud Xchange provided me much needed exposure to work and responsibilities of a professional network engineer. It is a great place to launch one's career in networking field as exposure one gets to various technologies helps in creating solid foundation for future career in networking field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Cloud Xchange. Our community is ready to answer.