Gloria Jean's Coffees Employee Reviews

Great First Job
Café All Rounder (Former Employee) –  North Brisbane QLD11 September 2019
Overall a great place to work however the coworkers can be very rude and I left due to being bullied. All though the job is easy and fun. Would be a perfect workplace for a first job.
Franchise Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD2 September 2019
Good team members to work with. Recognition of job well done. Management (before RFG takeover) were great and had good vision for the franchise and franchisees.
Pros
Great offices
Fun work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wyoming NSW2 September 2019
I was working with a great team so works was never a drag! The store management could've been a bit better but meeting new customers everyday and learning new skills was really enjoyable for me.
Great work environment and sense of team effort within workplace
Barista & Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW29 August 2019
I started on April 2018 as a team member in Gloria Jeans and was eventually trained as a Barista. The workplace gives opportunities to further develop customer service through customer and co-worker interactions all throughout the day.
Good
Barista (Current Employee) –  Endeavour Hills VIC9 August 2019
I have been working there from about 1 month and am satisfied with their cooperation to help me and giving me friendly environment. I am very happy to do work there.
Pros
Very good pay and learning skills job .
Cons
I have to travel long.
Good people to work with, lovely people and customers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Watergardens VIC2 August 2019
I usually would work long hour days (7am-6pm), and worked independently when quiet and as a team during rushes. Fun environment to work in, made new friends. Hardest part of my job was remembering iced drinks although I picked it up fairly quickly.
Pros
generous staff discount, good hours
Cons
poor management
Awful Owner, Terrible Culture and Long Hours
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  New South Wales29 July 2019
I only worked at Gloria Jeans for about 2 months because it was so bad. Although, given the amount of hours i worked, i probably worked there for an equivalent of 6 months .
Gloria Jeans may be a good workplace for some, but the store's owner at this specific workplace created a workplace that was pretty awful. The pay was average, pretty much the same as every other fast food/coffee shop - type job. And the actual work day and jobs available were fairly ok. I would prepare cold drinks, cook and work at the register. This was good work but when it got busy, this became kinda stressful.
However, it was the owner of the store that made my experience unbearable. He always paid me incorrectly, was disorganised when it came to rostering, he would literally sit there and watch me working, correcting every little thing i did wrong. And i can understand him wanting to make me work harder, but he balance none of his many criticisms with praise. I would go above and beyond to ensure that his coffee shop was running accordingly and he stood there and pointed out the most insignificant things! One night, cleaning up, i did't empty the dustpan into the bin. I had only been working there for a week and all of the bin liners were taken out so i assumed it wouldn't be a big deal, and left it until the working. The next day, he had posted onto the groupchat a photo of the dustpan along with a message 'I will not tolerate this laziness! If something like this happens again, there will be severe consequences!' He later looked through security footage to find me not emptying the dust pan and
  more... messaged me, angry. When i responded with my explanation about the bins, he refused to relent in his extremely condesending and angry response.
And the culture of the workplace was no better. Everyone hated their jobs and this could be seen through the way they related to others. There was no happy 'hellos' but everyone merely tolerated each other. No one had eachothers backs or trained me when i was new. It was a 'fend for yourself' vibe that wasn't pleasant to be around for such long hours.
And the long hours!! Because so many people had quit due to the owners unpreparedness, we were severely overstaffed. I am a full-time student and he had me working 30 hours a week. I asked for less, and he said that it was nessasary and refused!
All in all, i quit working at Gloria Jeans and i would never go back. It was a terrible workplace at this specific place, but maybe if you had a better boss, more staff and a more encouaging culture, it could be bearable.
Pros
10% off food and free drinks
Cons
Bad boss, long hours, bad culture
good first job
o Customer service (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW28 July 2019
This was the first job i had ever worked at but i had a doge boss at the time, i was harassed by customers and had 1 specific customer follow myself and other workers home. we told the boss and nothin was ever said or done anything.
busy yet productive workplace
Customer service/Barista (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW8 May 2019
It was quite an enjoyable experience, the hardest part of the job is being on your feet for quite some time, on the other hand its nice when you receive nice feedback from customers.
Non-productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW17 April 2019
Workers there did not make the environment a happy work place to be in, they did not interact with the customers and they did everything very slowly and when new people joined the team, they did not treat them fairly.
Pros
Employee discount, free shift drinks
Cons
Unhealthy environment to work in
Cafe Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC12 April 2019
Fun interactive work environment.
Great place to learn customer service
Opportunity to learn to make coffee
Must be self driven, to improve skills and knowledge
Best when you work with amazing people, even if you don't try to be the one who create an environment of fun and encouragement so that people will love to come to work
Work with the mindset of a manager, then you'll learn how to be responsible and deliver great quality services and products
Minimum wage
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Low wage
Fun workplace
Barista/team member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2019
Typical day at work includes serving customers making their orders. I have learnt to solve customer queries and resolve customer complaints so that they leave satisfied.
Pros
50% disscount
Great people
Cashier/Barista/Stock (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW30 March 2019
When I worked there I was surrounded by really great people and able to learn a lot from all walks of life. Unfortunately the owner at the time wasn’t the greatest and did forget to pay me quite often. I also left because owner was changing and the new owner was dropping wages.
Fast-paced environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW29 March 2019
Team work and communication is the key to a very productive work environment and this place has it! The staff are all incredibly friendly, make great coffee and food presentation. The best part of the job is making people smile.
Pros
great staff
Cons
stuffy
a good place
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Western Australia24 March 2019
A typical day at work, iv'e leaned how to make coffees, cold drinks, meal orders, and learning how to use the register. I dont really think the management team was great just because there were staff member who would leave early when the day gets really busy, or staff not showing up for their shifts.The hardest part of the job was probably cleaning, just because my back would get sore from bending over a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and meeting new people.
Pros
Free cold or hot drinks
productive with great team members
Gloria Jeans corrimal assistant (Former Employee) –  Corrimal NSW18 March 2019
was easy to be involved in a great team environment with helping customers needs constantly. my people skills were great as I was involved with customers a lot and I was helping finding something to do e.g clean table or fill up party cabinet.
Great People, Unorganized Management
Barista, Serving Customers, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW28 February 2019
The team at Gloria Jeans definitely make you feel welcome and makes you feel part of a family at work, only problem was with how unorganized the management was
Pros
People
A unfriendly environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD17 February 2019
I was let go from my employment at Gloria Jeans as the manager did not wish to comply to my availabilities to roster me and in response to that terminated my employment
Pros
Shift benefits
Cons
A lot
Average
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  australia6 February 2019
Classic chain store cafe. Simple work and not anything exciting or fun unless you work with good staff. It pays well and is a good job for part time or students.
Horrible Experience
Basic Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD5 February 2019
I got a job at Gloria Jeans when i was 15 and the culture and management style was horrible. The manager was incapable of providing effective feedback and giving proper instructions. I often got home after a shift and cried because of the management style toward a 15 year old.