Gloria Jean's Coffees Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2018
Overall a great first job atmosphere, friendly coworkers , great learning experience in a friendly environment with great employer-employee relations are fostered.
Working
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 April 2018
A lot of lovely people come in to have a coffee and nothing is better than knowing that people are satisfied with what you have made them. Starting off the day with a nice coffee is a good way to go!
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Long Hours
Use to be a great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD15 March 2018
Before it was sold to the new owners this was one of the best workplaces, but with the new owners it is lacking its old fun, vibrant, chilled out environment. If the old owners still owned this place I would recommend everyone to apply here but not so much anymore.
Pros
Cheaper drinks
Cons
Awful new owners
happy upbeat place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD12 March 2018
i didnt work there for too long but while i was there the staff were verry nice to me and were good teachers. the formulars for the drinks was quite difficult to learn quickly.there wasnt much to remind me exsept for a small bit of black and white papper with difficult instructions and it was hard to work quickly while trying to read it. i learnt how to make coffees and teas there non the less and im quite good at them today. i gew more cofedent while working there. the most enjoyable part was the staff and the coffee making as i have a love for good coffee.
Pros
relyable friendly staff
Cons
less than good equipment.
it was amusing to work with new person every time or a new face every time
Coffee Shop Barista (Current Employee) –  South Australia5 March 2018
I had really amazing experience at Gloria jeans because my co workers were very supportive also they use to work enthusiastically and I like to work with that spirit and adding all the efforts towards work.
Pros
free food
Cons
no lunch breaks
fun, exciting, lots of one on one with customers, kind, sweet & wise girls to work with. Was a perfect job.
WAITRESS /BARISTA /CASHIEER (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW5 February 2018
For someone my age i received a lot of hours which was great as i love to work, and is always ready. This job helped me make a lot of friends, meet new people, and gain so many new skills in the time i was there. the only reason I left was my pay was constantly wrong, late or held back for no reason at all.
Pros
fun girls, close friendships, everyone got along, i received alot of hours
Cons
great environment
Fun, Friendly environment.
Barista/All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Glenmore Park NSW9 January 2018
As i'm not sure for all stores, my store was a lovely place to work.
We received penalty/weekend rates and everyone got along.
Previous boss had paid minimum wage, but after a switch over we gained normal basic rates. Would encourage to work there, experience needed is minimal as most training is done in store.
Pros
30% Of drinks, Free drink per shift
Cons
Minimal hours provided
work culture
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 January 2018
exceptional work culture, in a busy fast paced environment, friendly staff and owners. The crew are exceptional in all that they do. I personally enjoy working here.
Pros
free drink
Cons
need more hours
Time Reliable
Barista duties, cleaning, food preparation (Former Employee) –  Windsor NSW20 December 2017
When working amongst a great team, work can be very welcoming and successful, like Gloria Jeans café was next to The Grill ON George street, however not so much Gloria Jeans in the riverview centre.
friendly co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW20 December 2017
* you would have to get the customers' orders, make drinks/coffee or serve with the food. You'll have to clean the tables, e.g. wipe the tables, relocate the chairs/tables, put the rubbish away.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
People you work with become your family
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan QLD27 November 2017
Very people orientated. Experience depends on management as this is a franchise business. Training can be a bit cut throat but is fool proof over all. Takes a lot of dedication to coffee and the job to be happy here.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kogarah NSW10 November 2017
Working here is enjoyable even in days it gets hectic and busy. You build customer relationship and co workers also.There is good workplace culture and the day go's by so easily.
good environment
Customer Service Barista (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 November 2017
I learned how to deal with the customer and how to work on time and how to coordinate with other. The management was also good. the other store person was supportive.
Great workplace
Barista/All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads South NSW31 October 2017
Very friendly colleagues and great customers. Daytime hours as it’s located in a shopping center.
Nice coffee and friendly boss to work with. Overall good job.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Broken Hill NSW18 October 2017
This is an interesting place for a productive day of work, where you spend time making many different types of coffee and other drinks e.g iced tea, milkshakes, hot chocolate, blended ice drinks etc. The management was good, for people not used to being on their feet it is a new experience with hours walking around without sitting, but that can be overcoming over time. the most enjoyable is meeting new people and trying new things.
Pros
free small drink
Easy place to work
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 October 2017
I like the people there but I would rather do something I enjoy and I don’t really enjoy cleaning all that much. I make cold drinks and hot drinks also clean and take costumers orders. I get along well with costumers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Always on night shifts
The workplace
Back of house/Front of house Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW29 September 2017
The work placement was great, Learned how to make cold and hot beverages along with serving it. Great workers in the placement. very welcoming and they show you around!
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Poorly paid, but nice paced job and friendly employees.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 September 2017
The job was fast paced but the electronic screen made it easier to keep up with the rushes and having two people on the machine made it easier as well. I was treated rudely by one of the managers at the start, but towards the end I had less shifts with her. The organisation of the business was poor as well- rosters were sent out on a Sunday before the week started.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Poor pay
Great part time job
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 September 2017
Gloria jeans was a perfect part time job for me while I was finishing high school and also my first year out of school. I made some really great friends which I am still friends with today. Management looked after me well and were never unfair to me.
Pros
Free coffees
Cons
Working till 10pm
very fast paced and fun atmosphere
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT14 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working and doing the barista training required it was always a very fast moving and fun place to work employees would get free lunch and drinks through shifts
Pros
free lunches and drinks on shift and discounted when not on shift
Cons
long hours on your feet