Glue Store
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Glue Store Employee Reviews

Glue was fast-paced and I learned to fold clothes. The management was helpful and the culture was fun. The hardest part of the job was working quickly with a lot of people but the most enjoyable part was learning new skills and interacting with interesting customers.
Hours were extremely short with no room for additional hours. Your shifts and hours were given to you based on how well the management liked you.Poor management and horrible environment. Team members created a rude environment with bullying present and when brought up to management, no action was taken. Worst retail store I have ever worked in! Would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short hours, Poor Management
I had a very enjoyable time working for GLUE store with their great staff and their great culture. The staff are very caring about there customer and staff. I have learnt a lot for my time there.
Glue Stores Management are very unsupportive. The culture at Glue is not a place where staff are supported or fostered. The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing product that you work with at Glue.
Good environment with great workplace culture that focus on a main priority of customer service and maintenance of back of house operations, Looking to seek a casual role
Lots of bias from head office with certain teams and favouritism of employees. Always hiring externally and for their own benefit and it becomes so unfair for staff who have to prove themselves constantly. Staff can be mistreated and degraded, working overtime without recognition...working out of their way most of their time and being unappreciated. Just some to mention. Bad environment to work in and lack of support from other stores. Yes, we need to compete with one another but the level of rivalry at this company can reach levels of immaturity. At first, it may be a great place but once you work in this toxic environment with so many two-faced people, just seeing how they treat staff....I would not recommend.
Cons
Degrading staff
When I was employed as a Christmas Casual, there was minimal training (no online training as promised) and at times the communication and expectations were confusing. Other than that the job and tasks given were relatively easy and manageable.
Pros
Decent discount, friendly colleagues
Cons
poor communication, sent home hours earlier than rostered due to lack of customers
Manager did not care about staff members. Just wanted herself to look good. Pro is that you meet new friends and everyone wants to work together and well.
Glue was a great company to work for including under management. Great perks also. The only issue would have been never having enough staff so sick calls were not usually allowed and accepted.
The work environment was fast paced, and everyone got along well for the most part. However, the team is quite small and there is not much turnover, therefore the likelihood for progression is hindered.
A typical day at work required continued interaction with customers and ensuring all customers were met with a service of high quality. I have learned a lot since I have been at the company; banking and transactions, great customer and people skills to communicate with a diverse range of people, administrative tasks, managing stock and general maintenance of the store. Management overall has proved to be encouraging and supportive throughout my employment at the company. The hardest part of the job was having to make daily budgets. Conversely, being apart of such a great company and positive and fun workplace culture was by far the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Poor staff discount
Enjoyed working in a fast phased and friendly environment. For over 5 years of working in customer service, I was able to acquire more knowledge during the past 5 months of working at Glue during the Christmas and holiday season which I very much appreciated. I have acquired knowledge and skills of working in the retail industry and developed great customer services towards visitors of Glue. I am hoping and would love to work back at Glue.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Irregular shifts
Staff need proper training when hired store manager also needs to prioritise tasks better Hardest part of the job is doing tasks without support Communication wasnt the best
great fun place to work I loved the atmosphere and energy of the place. Working in the city it was always busy, very easy to style and engage with customers.
Glue store claims to be invested in their staff and progression within the company however that is not the case. Glue will almost always hire externally and for those committed staff who wish to progress they must have to prove themselves time and time again in order to get a go. I would not recommend working here as the culture is disgusting and so much additional work/hours expected of staff with no repayments for their efforts.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long and unrealistic overtime hours
On trend clothing and footwear. Workplace culture is like a family Hardest part of the job is trying to make sales during quite periods of the week. Enjoyable part is working with a great team and having awesome customers
Worked closely with models and photographers, assisting with styling and organisation. Applied creative input for campaign and E-Commerce shoots Assisted in social media marketing promotion Photographed footwear & accessories, working with an 360 light box Assisted with flat lay photography for social media purposes Enforcement of stores creative vision Regularly updating the web store with latest stock
in the morning we would set up the store, clean and count the cash register, we would then open and approach our customers with excitement and friendliness during the day we would continue to clean and put away clothing while paying full attention to customers it was a great and friendly environment
Pros
fashionable clothing
Cons
closing time was later than most companies
  1. Employee Reviews