Godfrey Hirst
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Godfrey Hirst Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
While I work in a carpet company, there is not much scope for a mechanical engineer for improvement in future. The project on which I work is a good project and innovative too. The best thing about the job is creating new designs and 3D print them to check the working mechanism. I learned about management and target achievement within the required time.
I don't find the job hard at all as I enjoy designing mechanical parts but the job is not satisfactory.
Take the job and make your own assessment of the work culture. You won't believe what you've got yourself into. No wonder they have to be bailed by another company.
This company has a toxic culture. People have been there 30+ yrs & are stuck, those who speak out are shuffled out the back door. Lacks structure & processes, the HR Dept will do nothing to help and will in fact make matters worse. Pay is appalling. Opportunity for training or advancement non-existent unless they want you moved, Old-fashioned, out of touch, sexist and stifling.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Toxic culture
A typical day is on the go the whole time. Heavy lifting with a small group of workers in the department. The hardest part of the job is the wear and tear on the body daily.
Pros
day shift hours suit
Cons
Can be very tiring on the body.
Very large company with great salary benefits. throughout my time at godfrey hirst I learnt a lot about carpet and the procedures it takes to make the product. I learnt how important communication was to make the company a success
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
company downsizing, possibility selling business overseas
hard slog but worth it, management worked well as did the co workers. hardest part is getting there for the 12am start, most enjoyable is getting the job done correctly
Pros
canteen 24/7
Cons
12am start