Godfreys Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for
Company store Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC18 October 2018
If you focus on just your job then its a great company to work for but the pay needs to be reviewed. need to hire new a staff and get with the time. Work Culture is very bad as the office staff don't mix with eh Warehouse as they think they are upper class and the DC staff are scum. Don't get paid enough to deal with the childish games they play
Pros
great location
Cons
Bad pay
competitve sales environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW26 July 2018
thought this would good choice for myself. I was wrong. had to push products that I wasn't comfortable doing. great training and positive ongoing product training was good.
a great place to work always a different day
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 April 2018
Great place to work with enthusiast team to make work more enjoyable and productive you get to meet different kind of customers everyday which made the day more interesting.
Pros
discount on goods
Cons
work weekends
Great fun place to learn, work and grow
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 February 2018
A company that supports and grows individuals in the business. Salary a bit low but through a very structured and well built incentive system a big potential of earnings to be made. Culture and training are the best part of the business.
Pros
Great earning potential
Great Benifits
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD10 August 2017
Great staff bonuses and incentives... Rotating Thursday and Weekends make this a great Family orientated business to work for..The only bad point was cleaning out the Vacuum Cleaners
Great enviroment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS11 July 2017
As a sales person I enjoyed the challenge of closing a deal for what I think would be good for a customer, it was a very busy environment and fast paced.
Pros
commisions
Cons
KPIs
high expectations
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW15 June 2017
extremely slow days, you may only sell 3 packets of bags a day, extremely high expectations with selling a certain number of top machines a week to keep your job
Pros
good salary
Cons
unreasonabkle targets
Great experience and Training
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mandurah / Oconnor24 February 2015
Selling vacuums, servicing ,stocking shelves and sorting stock deliveries.
I learned the psychology of sales and the value of team work.
The management is very supportive and treats you as one of the family.
Made a couple of good friends whilst working in the Mandurah store. The hardest part of the Job was working on Sundays as I have a small family it puts strain on the kids not seeing there dad.
I enjoyed making a customer smile.
Pros
Getting days off during the week
Cons
working Sundays and public holidays
Productive and challenging work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 August 2014
Working at Godfreys was fun and challenging at the same. Face to Face customer service was a key role at Godfreys, which I enjoyed because you get know your customers by profiling them, which was part of our job to find out more about there cleaning needs. By showing and demonstrating cheaper and more expensive cleaning products its a lot clear and visual to the customer about the products price differences and how good more expensive product cleans the quality as well. It was all upselling the products and more commission we get. Managements were fair no comment on that.
Co-workers were good I got along with everybody. Hardest part of job was when there's no customers in the shop to sell too, we did work on base salary plus commission. So NO customers means not much money and boring. Most enjoyable is the opposite when its busy, time goes faster and a good pay check and the big boss is happy too. Saying all that I did enjoy working for Godfreys.
Pros
good $$$
Cons
support from management
Sales, sales and more Sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC16 June 2014
A complete target oriented work environment, learned some really hard core marketing and sales tactics, worked under immense pressure towards weekly and monthly goals. Very supportive colleagues. Interactive management made easy to adapt new cultures and work methods. Stressful yet fruitful place to work.
Pros
Good commission $$$