Golding Contractors
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Golding Contractors Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
Employed through work Pac to Golding contractors for the duration of the contract
Golding made to feel like an integral part of the crew but as normal being employed by Labour Hire leaves one feeling empty
Great company to work for giving opportunities to upskill in a great work culture
Very good onsite management and they were always very proactive in worker development and advancement in their careers
Golding is a civil engineering construction company that builds things like roads, bridges, railway lines, mining tailings dams etc. The work there was stimulating and varied but job security was non-existent.
Pros
Stimulating work, great people
Cons
No job security
I started work for the company as a Concretor and from the short stay with them we were building a new coal terminal in the Gladstone region and I enjoyed it a lot
Cons
Great upper management team,Always had the right equipment ,The environment was always considered in day to day work.
Pros
Long hrs
Cons
No life
A great company to work for with family values in mind.
Great people to work with and provide a safe working environment.

I am with deep regret our contract has come to an end .
Golding was a great company to work for with down to earth and level headed management. Very satisfying work environment and appreciation for high standards in workmanship.
Great management, and team work, enjoyed roadside repairs and it was a job that required a quality of finish and the opportunity to take pride in our work.
Hot long days early mornings, great work mates and good safe environment enjoyed working with goldings would like to work again.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
A typical day at work was to start of with a safety prestart and a job plan. From there we got on with the job and communicated positively with each other and all went home safe. A great work environment.
this was a labor hired job therefore the pay rate was soooo much lower than what you usually get. Its disappointing after so many years working for the client to have to start to go thru labour hire companies to get a job - but i cannot see it changing in the future.
Pros
BBQ Lunches, Birthday cakes
Pre-Starts, Jhas, Take 5's

Reclaiming Swamp land with Scrapers and Dozers for Wicet Coal Terminal... Excellent Leadership and work crew..

Tough Muddy Conditions thru Mangrooves...

10Hr Days 6 days a week....
Pros
Cons
Sandflies
Very Productive, 10Hr days, Great work team and management..

Pre-starts, Jhas, Smartstart before each Shift..

Operating Srapers, Dozers, Moxys, Compactors, Excavators.

Learned how to push Scrapers with Dozers...
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Expensive Rent
Workload extensive but manageable and totally enjoyed working in this environment. Took redundancy package as relocating was not an option due to family commitments. I miss working for this company.
Pros
Very family friendly, willing to train people for advancement or career change.
Cons
Downturn in the economy made it unsettling waiting to see if redundancies would need to be made, so job security became questionable.
good crew of people to work with everyone got on.Got my open crane ticket and was put in a bigger crane.Learnt alot on this job
Pros
good pay
Cons
since the new management the workplace has become extremely uncomfortable to work in because everyone has different ideas and there not working together. You don't get a fair go on experience its who you know.
Pros
close to home
Cons
uncomfortable workplace
load and haul overburden, learnt how to drive heavy machines, the hardest part of the job was doing the same thing day in day out.
most enjoyable was the camaraderie within the team
Pros
access and meals
Cons
5 day roster not 7 day day roster
I had a reputation for having the cleanest crib rooms toilet blocks and offices for a mine. Co-workers were like family.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no cons
• Support the “ZERO HARM” philosophy for site.
• Provide Safety & Health training to all Yarwun 2 workers.

• Conduct project assessment & reporting relating to Safety and Heath

requirements for the Yarwun 2 project.

• Develop, maintain and improve the Yar2 Safety & Health Management System.

• Ensure Yarwun 2 Safety & Environmental plans are implemented and monitored as per the specification outlined by the client and other key stakeholders.

• Ensure Yarwun 2 complies with and maintains the requirements of the AS/NZS 4801 & NSCA 5 Star qualification.

• Implement, maintain and develop our client's safety systems to all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, manage and develop safety policy and procedures, ensure that all clients employees and other relevant parties are periodically briefed on current and forthcoming safety issues, and any changes to safety systems, policies and procedures, and ensure statutory reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents,

• Development and implementation of site training plan.

• Training and Assessment for VOCs for Plant and other equipment.

• Delivering inductions and onsite specific training programs for Health, Safety and other topics.

• LTI free currently 1.5 million man hrs.
Pros
1.5m manhours LTI free
I have spent a large part of my life working for the late, Cyril Golding and through out my years I have enjoyed all challenges appointed me, and look forward to my next
I am very privileged to have been given the opportunity to become part of a great team, helping to build Cyril Goldings Empire.

Still to date, Golding Contractors
Pros
Challenging, Variety of roles, An opportunity to work a Joint Venture with Thiess . Great Co-workers
All in all the experience I have had with Golding Contractors has been good and rewarding.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golding Contractors. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3