Goldman Sachs logo
Goldman Sachs
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,862 reviews

Productive work place

Learned a lot. Had a great opportunity to communicate and deal with a lot clients face to face. Troubleshoot their systems issues urgent basis. Offer an alternative solution if problem required time to be resolved.

Must always be proactive.

Working here is not for faint at heart. Be on top of your game at all times. A typical day, is very busy and you may have to cover for another manager that you know nothing about in a moments notice.

Pros

Nice work environment.

Cons

Lack of direction from management.

Great company to work for and a top tier spot to start for entry level students. Great company culture and an elite bank that looks great on a resume. Good exit ops

It’s not worth your sanity!

This is by far the worst job I’ve ever had in my 33 years of living! This company need help with structure. The training is horrible! I had 2 different trainers that was rude and I said” I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO TELL Y’ALL BECAUSE I DON’T REMEMBER MYSELF!” That right there was my exit point! They half way train you because we had no access to system and we’re just thrown out to work!

Hard to work here

Highly political. SLC process improvement projects will yield no reward for the managers or analyst in SLC. NYC has all the power due to the senior middle management being there.

Solid place to work

Colleagues and resources were great. Everyone is top notch. Work/life balance could be improved, but it is largely business dependent (with increased hours around month ends and quarter ends).

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

work life balance, compensation

Can be overwhelming more times than not

Pros - Name recognition- A lot of well-versed people- Endless learning opportunities- Resources- TechnologyCons - People- Management- Constant changes- Hours- Not as inclusive as it portrays

Horrible experience and unfair treatment

The onboarding process was so different from what they told me during the interview and I didn't feel welcomed at all. I was poorly trained by a senior analyst as he's only focusing on his work most of the time. There were not enough drilling exercises/guidance but I was expected to be skilled in some new tools just within 2-3 days. There's also no second chance for me to improve. I think it's very unfair to fire someone without any warning and reasons.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Night shift, stressful environment, no second chance to improve, unhelpful colleagues, poor training

Its a place where you can learn and grow while getting good salary.Scale up your employees’ happiness by citing the positive impact that his or her work bought. Employees will feel more gratified when they realize the worth of their work.

Productive and fun workplace

Great company with wonderful benefits. Some managers legit care about you and will do what they can to help you reach your goals. Laid back environment.

Pros

Flexible schedule, free lunch, benefits

Cons

Pay

Jobs at Goldman Sachs

See more jobs

Productive. Progressive. Professional and overall, moderately friendly work environment.

Working at Goldman Sachs was one of the best times in my Corporate career. A typical day ALWAYS included volumes of paperwork and research. Other than cultural experiences outside of my own, I learned better business practices and how to incorporate/utilize the best technology and software during that time. The workplace culture was teeming diversity. Everyone worked for business and personal success. The hardest part of the job occurred when the company was forced to downsize in part due to a major (non related) tragic occurrence . The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and getting to know my co-workers. We learned of each others cultures and enjoyed doing so. Many of us formed unforgettable bonds. Learning was a shared experience, and support was the backbone of the success of the company and its every department. If ever an opportunity or offer was made to return to the company, I would definitely work for Goldman Sachs again.

Pros

Great healthcare, bonuses and Holiday treats

Cons

You must be detailed oriented. It's a lot of work.

Great compensation, great name

Pretty tough culture but great compensation and great name for the future, also opportunities to work in different positions throughout the firm over time

Pros

Good comp

Cons

no 401k match for year 1

Okay for a few years, but then you should move on

It was fine for the first couple of years, but then the lack of pay and dependency on the discretionary bonus makes it not worth it. You can work less and get paid more elsewhere with more advancement opportunities.

Analyst

Lots of hours for low pay. Senior management needs to hire more people as the amount of work that is expected from you is unrealistic without working 15+ hours a day.

Pros

Title on resume

Cons

No work life balance

Goldman Sachs can be disappointing.

The firm invests heavily in technology and has the best in class technology tools and very streamlined procedures, it is a great place to learn and gain optimum experience. However, the firm treats its employees like livestock! It has one of the most opaque performance review systems in the world, therefore Growth opportunities are purely driven by favoritism. Senior management needs to pay close attention to manipulations by certain levels of managers in the rating system. .

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Need meritocracy get rid of bureaucracy

This is a great place to work

Working was fun. This company offers flexible schedules and you are paid fairly. I really liked the work that I did as well as the people I worked with.

Pros

Company Culture

Cons

No cons

Intense but constructive work environment

Overall, my internship was a fun experience. I got to meet a lot of friendly people who cared about my success. However, they purposely gave us heavy workloads and long hours to see how we would handle it. It was a stressful summer, but I am glad I did it.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Work-life balance

Smart people

smart people running this, can't complain. a lot of work though but you definitely make your money. come in with a good attitude and you can't lose. but lots of work.

Cool people

Cool people. Bad pay at Marcus by GS. Marcus by Goldman Sachs is pretty hard job for the pay you are getting. The managers and people are pretty cool though.

unfair treatment

My former colleagues were bullies. I complained to HR about their behavior and treatment but they ignored my email and did not process my complaint.

Okay job, Okay place.

Good stuff: There is some room for advancement if you can find a way to stand out.Bad stuff: Interview is misleading into what you are actually going to be doing. Management takes forever to do anything, lots of hurry up and wait. The training they provide does not even remotely prepare you enough for the actual job. The pay is okay for what you do. They will change your schedule with basically no warning. I was working 11-8 and found out after work I was working the next day 6-3. Get ready to sign personal freedoms away too. You also will be critiqued horribly on work with little/no explanation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Goldman Sachs