GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

Australia308 reviews
Goodstart seem like a great company to work for. Unprofessional conduct of some individuals at the service and an alarming culture of throwing someone under the bus with fabricated stories prompted a quick departure
Pros
Company structure, resources, professional development.
Cons
Bullying and gossip.
Absolutely loved working at good start early learning, the workers are so nice! always willing to help & never judgemental. The job itself is easy, the children are well looked after
Pros
workers, children
Cons
Centre directors are amazing at their jobs but they are pushed and pushed by up higher. Higher management only care about when families complain, labour or money. Meant to be not for profit but they only care about money. They don’t value their employees. They let good employees just walk. So much paperwork. A lot of pressure from the company as an employee. Your voices aren’t heard. Your not valued by goodstart only valued by colleagues and families in your care.
- I will not suggest any professional cook/chef to work for this company because the pay is below average.
- Stressful work and no help given when needed.

- The management doesnt know how to handle or deal with the staff.

- Exploit the staff.

- No recognition.

- Never appreciate.

- All the managers doesnt care about the staff. They just care about parents, kids and money.

- The managers lacks leadership, plays favouritism, doesnt provide clear directions and take all the crediets.

- The staff bully each other and make fun of other hard work. All they do is talk talk but they cant walk.

- One thing they love to do is blame others.
Working for goodstart os lovely, the environment is friendly and child family focused.
The downside is the pay isn't great for the amount of effort you give.

However I recommend working here. Because it’s about giving back to the community at the end of the day.
So much paper works and not enough time. Too much expectations for the staff to do without giving time to get things done. Have to do it on our own time. Either come to work early or stay back to get things done.
Goodstart is very nice centre and staff is very friendly and professional and professional. The service is great. Salary is enough to survive. The location of Goodstart is very good. The director and admin and another staff is very nice, thanks to Goodstart for providing me this opportunity and in future I would like to do work in same early learning centre.
It’s a great company to work with to learn new skills and work life balance with lots of opportunities for future. I will recommend for new students to get experience
Very toxic environment to work.
Under the roof ratio, huge turn over the staff. Bulling, controlling and a micro management. Definitely not recommended working with this company
Upper management were more of a throw everyone under the bus or under the rug coverup
I actually had a area manager call a meeting and have all the other staff write down what they didnt like about me and share it during the meeting they were allowed to remain anonymous but i was a lamb to the slaughter

Pack bully mentality at its best
I was always happy and excited to work there. I had a great team and director and believed everyone had the children's best interests at heart. I would recommend working with GoodStart.
Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members, children and their families. Actively contribute to the education program in the room and the Centre team. Engage and supervise the children. Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children at all times. Comply with National Quality Standards (NQS) and Goodstart Policies, Procedures and requirements. Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide to support in the delivery of high-quality education program and practice in the room. Assist with setting up fun, innovative and educational activities. Support a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continues improvement. Contribute to a professional and positive work culture.
Great company and the people I work with are driven, love the job and support each other. Our Director wears her heart on her sleeve and acknowledges team effort.
Pros
Ongoing training opportunities
Cons
Corona virus has made me not have work
Absolutely adored working with all the children. I learned so much about young children likes and dislikes and how to properly maintain a place like Goodstart.
Directors and Area Managers are buddy-buddy, making it uncomfortable to make formal complaints.
It goes without saying that the children are the best part about the job, along with the few good eggs you might get to work with.

This centre is bully and discriminate staff. work pressure is very high and no support from CD. Cd has her own friend circle and there is so much favouritism. different people have different rules for the same thing. if you in friend circle you can do anything but if not then big trouble for you. Cd is racist. Cd treating non- Aussie educator like servant and talk to them very rudely there are 4 people in her favourite group and she control other educators with the help of them.

it is scary to work in such a environment and such scary people.i dont recommend anyone to work such place where you cannot get any support, face discrimination and bully. management is not taking any action as result educators resigning or getting transfer to other centre, this worse centre to work.

I was just lucky to have a chance to work with a lot of inspiring people. I was doing my work placement there and I definitely learned a lot of from them.
competitive for job security
Unable to secure job due to experience and length in company. In company mismanagement lead to lack of work. Wanting more shifts in the future
In the volunteering program, I achieved my self-worth by helping and communicating with the children. Though it can be tiring after hours of interactions, I felt a sense of accomplishment and joyfulness.
Staff are all for themselves too busy trying to be in with the director rather than watching the kids. I would never send my own children there nor will I ever recommend any of my friends to take there children there. Staff are too busy gossiping and the director are backstabbing liars. Never ever use the bus service either your child might end up deceased
In some ways a typical day at work was predictable as there were routines with the children. However, having said that there were also surprises everyday for different reasons. The management was great. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed interacting with the children. The hardest part of the job was when there was a behavioural challenge.
Pros
Spent lunch time outdoors
Cons
Not one of the best child care centers to work for
mainly looks after permanent staff and not casuals '

Good thing was for cost of each day child attended is that all nappies food drinks sun screen are supp;ied
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.