GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

I was a maternity cover hire, I enjoyed my time working at Goodstart and it gave me the push to start my career. At times I didn’t feel a part of the team as such, however it was a great learning experience
Pros
Learning experience
This company is about filling places. Had to fight to get the awarded 20 min break and then had to present documents so we would not be asked to do work in that 20min break time. This is a small example of working life at Goodstart
Pros
None that I found
Cons
Not enough allocated time for programming etc
Would not recommend this company, every centre I worked at was full of nasty gossipy women that talk behind your back instead of helping you to learn and improve.
Cons
I don't know how a not for profit company that claims to give all the money back toward resources for children can be so money hungry that we are given next to no budget for childrens toys and educational equipment. We try very hard to entertain and educate our children and they're happy for now, however we are stuck with resources that have been in our centre for over 10 years, we hardly ever get new things for the children to experience! Resources aside, the management clearly don't care about their centres either and it ultimately causes the work environment to become difficult, with directors not receiving assistance for additional staff, logging jobs, etc. It can be very tough working for a company that doesn't care about their employees :( despite all the negative things I've experienced from this company, I have met some incredible people while working here that have made this whole experience worthwhile.
Pros
Make amazing friends
Cons
Goodstart Willowdale and Gateshead are both amazing centres, with equally amazing educators. Couldnt ask for a better teams to have been a part of!Both centres are driven by quality over quantity and really value their educators.
Pros
Caring educators, not only toward the children but fellow edicators.
Cons
None.
I had both positive and negative experiences working for this company and I think the only reason they were positive was because I had an amazing boss! Other than when I had her which they did not support or provide assistance to when she was severely short-staffed, any other managers showed no care about the interests of the children and in fact workers were penalised for actually providing the optimum standard of care that they could!!
Good experience gained. Diversity and inclusion is well reflected.Happy to work there again as long as I don't move around rooms.Great environment.
Work environment TOXIC! Director v unprofessional, loves to create conflict between staff! Never enough gloves, wipes Head office couldn't care less!
Pros
Helping to make a difference in a child's life
Cons
Toxic environment- director & area manager very unprofessional
It was an OK work place overall except the director wants micromanage and only cares for KPI's. Staff can be somewhat hostile, very rigid on things done they're way no room for change. They want someone they can push around otherwise if your level headed, they cut you loose. Be aware of their expectations.
Pros
work life balance.
Cons
poor management, low wages
I worked north Sydney berry street. There are Nepalese ladies used to work there. They were so rude and give all the work to the casuals like doing nappies and empty the bins and all. It was so stressful working over there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
A culture of bullying and harassment from upper management. Very high expectations with no support. Staff are not listened to. Autonomy is almost non existent. Trying to be an advocate for the children, families and staff is incredibly difficult. Directions from the different support networks often clash and you are stuck in a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. Risk management mitigation is mostly adding yet another layer of administration and then hanging people out to dry when they miss a part of a lengthy policy. Very little investment into improving established centres facilities even after incidents occur that threaten children safety. The slogan should now be money is central to everything we do.
Pros
Cons
Toxic company
Absolutely loved working at good start early learning, the workers are so nice! always willing to help & never judgemental. The job itself is easy, the children are well looked after
Pros
workers, children
Cons
Centre directors are amazing at their jobs but they are pushed and pushed by up higher. Higher management only care about when families complain, labour or money. Meant to be not for profit but they only care about money. They don’t value their employees. They let good employees just walk. So much paperwork. A lot of pressure from the company as an employee. Your voices aren’t heard. Your not valued by goodstart only valued by colleagues and families in your care.
- I will not suggest any professional cook/chef to work for this company because the pay is below average. - Stressful work and no help given when needed. - The management doesnt know how to handle or deal with the staff. - Exploit the staff. - No recognition. - Never appreciate. - All the managers doesnt care about the staff. They just care about parents, kids and money. - The managers lacks leadership, plays favouritism, doesnt provide clear directions and take all the crediets. - The staff bully each other and make fun of other hard work. All they do is talk talk but they cant walk. - One thing they love to do is blame others.
Goodstart seem like a great company to work for. Unprofessional conduct of some individuals at the service and an alarming culture of throwing someone under the bus with fabricated stories prompted a quick departure
Pros
Company structure, resources, professional development.
Cons
Bullying and gossip.
Working for goodstart os lovely, the environment is friendly and child family focused. The downside is the pay isn't great for the amount of effort you give. However I recommend working here. Because it’s about giving back to the community at the end of the day.
So much paper works and not enough time. Too much expectations for the staff to do without giving time to get things done. Have to do it on our own time. Either come to work early or stay back to get things done.
Goodstart is very nice centre and staff is very friendly and professional and professional. The service is great. Salary is enough to survive. The location of Goodstart is very good. The director and admin and another staff is very nice, thanks to Goodstart for providing me this opportunity and in future I would like to do work in same early learning centre.
It’s a great company to work with to learn new skills and work life balance with lots of opportunities for future. I will recommend for new students to get experience
Very toxic environment to work. Under the roof ratio, huge turn over the staff. Bulling, controlling and a micro management. Definitely not recommended working with this company
Upper management were more of a throw everyone under the bus or under the rug coverup I actually had a area manager call a meeting and have all the other staff write down what they didnt like about me and share it during the meeting they were allowed to remain anonymous but i was a lamb to the slaughter Pack bully mentality at its best