GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

cultural appreciation day
Carer (Former Employee) –  Port Kennedy WA5 May 2019
A typical day at Good start Early Learning is having the opportunity to interact with the children that you have gained a connection with through the time youve worked there. Each day you learn something new through the activities that occurs, eg; different cultures, disabilities, lifestyle etc. everything is managed according to the time that suits everyone. The workplace culture is very diverse, full of different ethnicities. Theres nothing hard about this job and the most enjoyable part is interacting with the children and seeing htem smile.
Pros
delicious meals
very fun and active working enviroment
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2019
as I was doing my work placement at a goodstart centre I found that the staff were very welcoming and taught me many new things to do with the day to day work and activities in the centre.
Great Place To Work
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Goonellabah NSW28 March 2019
Friendly atmosphere
Child focused
Beautiful centre
Excellent co workers
Great casual pay rates
Great place to gain valuable experience
Great management team
Opportunities to move into other rooms
Great break schedule
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Not many hours for casuals
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 February 2019
Goodstart Early Learning is a good place to work, each individual centre is different and there are different staff and children dynamics in each, however overall Goodstart is a good company to work for and they pay above award wages
Pros
above award
great
Co-Director (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW19 February 2019
Great environment to work in, endless job opportunities and career pathways. Benefits within all areas such as Private health, Hotels, airlines and much more.
Pros
caeer pathways
Amazing, Fun, Loving & Caring Work Environment
CHILD CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW18 February 2019
A typical day at work is always awesome, it's fun, the other educators are amazing & friendly people, we are really passionate about what we do at Goodstart, the children are just amazing, each & every one of them.
I have learned so much about a lot of different things, i have learned a lot of knowledge through 'Mandatory Training', i now have a clearer knowledge of how the Centre's run, i have learned to communicate with families.
Pros
amazing work colleagues, non-profit organization, Goodstart put children first, rewarding job, over 600 Goodstart Centre's in Australia
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 February 2019
A good company, great resources and close to where I was living as well. Career prospects if you willing to up the ladder. Wide range of Goodstart Centres all around the Australia enables the employees to apply for transfers according to changing circumstances of its employees.
Pros
great resources, play equipments
Good work environment
Senior Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 February 2019
Is a nice work environment, but can be a lot of pressure from higher up with limited time to change things. best thing is the families and the staff that work closely together with you. Head Office need to get their things together and pass down the benefits to the staff working within the centers
Pros
Good families
Cons
low pay and terriblemanagement
Management was the highlight of this workplace, extremely supportive and professional
Room Leader and Educational Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC28 January 2019
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the dynamic team who are so enthusiastic about there job.

The hardest part of the job is entering and leaving without a smile.

Its a great team which helps you overcome challenging situations as you know you have support there if needed.

Everyone simply gets the job done.

The only reason I left is because I moved house, I was there for about 11 years and leaving was a really hard decision as we were such a close team. This showed in our work performance and we got a lot of great feedback from families because of this.

Would definitely recommend! With great pay, such supportive management team, great resources and happy workplace what more could you ask for.
Creating a fun and safe place
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 January 2019
Make sure the room is set up for the children to have a creative and happy day.
Make sure everything is clean.
Discuss with other workers how we can make the day a pleasant and educational experience for the the children and know our roles for the day.
The children are the most important little humans that we can help them through their day and week. I absolutely love being part of that and watching them grow and understand life.
Pros
Watching the children grow
Cons
When the children leave to go to big school
great place to work
Childcare Room Assistant/Educator (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT9 January 2019
An amazing workplace environment to be apart of. A very rewarding job.

busy day with energetic children management were incredible support to staff best part of my job was being there for the children
daycare
General supervision (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 December 2018
good place to work if you like playing with little kids or looking after babys. get to work with differnt ages so if staring a family good to get exppericnce
very nice
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Blackburn VIC13 December 2018
Helpfull and co-operative staff .good arrangements for childreen
which makes childreen more confident and learn things to do with educated educators .nice enviorment.
Relief Ruler
Educator (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC9 December 2018
How bizarre to see Good start advertising for casual jobs when there are so many casual staff in Werribee who hardly get shifts yet are great workers.
Pros
Good pay and great children and families
Cons
Most permanent staff are quite unfriendly to casuals.
fun and friendly workplace
Childcare (Former Employee) –  Forbes NSW1 December 2018
interacting with the children everyday and planning different activities
i learnt there is a lot more to the job then just playing with the children and that you have to plan different activities to do with the children
Pros
playing with children
A great organisation with so much to offer
Educator (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC28 October 2018
A great organisation to work for and with so much to offer to staff, children and families. The children and families make the work more enjoyable and motivating.
Pros
The children and families are great
Cons
Management pays no attention to the working culture
About the money not staff or families
Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC23 October 2018
Of all the places I have worked, Goodstart was the worst. There is no support for staff and all methods used are questionable. I know of four centers that should be reported to the department.
fun fun fun learning by play
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fernvale QLD11 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time at goodstart
I valued each and every child as unique and special
I loved interacting with the children and learning as much from them as they did from me
it enriched my life and made my job that much more rewarding
I use to leave work knowing that i had made a difference in the life of a child and with a sense of acheivement
It's childcare, but it tries to be better than the rest
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 October 2018
This company pays above many other similar childcare companies.

Casual employees can be treated as expendible and not part of the team.

The usual pitfalls of childcare exist at this company - high staff turnover, stressful work environment, toxic workplace culture and staff not being recognised and rewarded for their hard work.

It's a shame that there is still so much plastic and fake toys rather than real, authentic, child-centric outdoor learning.

Every centre is different and the standards for supervision and education vary wildly.

Some centres don't maintain ratio during lunch breaks and can leave one staff member with many children at once e.g. 15 babies to one staff member. Others are more safe.
Pros
Pay, many centres so you can transfer, company tries to promote positive change, not for profit
Cons
Toxic work environment, doesn't maintain ratio, centres vary wildly
enjoyable workplace
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW2 October 2018
the centre follows rules properly and the ratio is always met, organised centre that gives time to do paperwork during work hours. well equiped and great excursion opportunities
Pros
happy atmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.