GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

would never work here
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 May 2018
the management needs some people skills. Unless you where friends with the director you had no chance in getting anywhere wouldn't work for this company. maybe the manager should be outside with the staff to see what staff really do instead of barking orders and not being on the staff side unless you where so far up the directors backside. i
Cons
Getting abused by children (Hit, punched and metal saucepans) getting thrown at your head. Director turns a blind eye
It’s more about business than the children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA6 April 2018
Staff overworked and expected to do numerous jobs in limited time with little to no support.

Marketing has become a priority. Everything is made to look well and good, yet staff are run off their toes.

Centre fills rooms to max + capacity, which does not allow for quality education as the day becomes about just surviving. This also means that children get less one on one time.

Management need to be more qualified and paid better to justify this.
Pros
Staff are friendly
Cons
Stressful, under appreciated, low pay, high turn over of staff
Great pay, no respect for staff
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW4 April 2018
No respect for staff from management. Bullying doesn’t get dealt with accordingly. When you are unwell you don’t get any sympathy from your management you just get yelled at and made to feel guilty
Pros
Pay
Cons
No appreciation
Productive, fun, professional work environment with room for further development
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW3 April 2018
Every half hour since work starts all employees have a task that they have to fill before arrival of children. This allows time management practice and working together as a team. There is always on going training where needed for every individual employee. Where I was which is Good Start Kempsey management need a lot more training them selfs with time management and staff communication. Family orientated. When employing new staff the management feel that they should be perfectly knowing of job role without question no help form other staff on experience training. The incentives that are provided is the most enjoyable part.
Poor Management
Float Casual (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD12 February 2018
I worked at an amazing centre which then sadly the reputation went down hill. The centre lost 50percent of their staff within 6months. Due to a change in management.. The culture was amazing, everyone got along, families were happy and i loved going to work. The Area M came in and had too much control. Now i try to avoid this centre even though i need work.
Pros
lunch time, playing with kids, talking with families
Cons
Am
look after the children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kambah ACT12 February 2018
I am not work in this centre. I just had practiced. I'm really like this centre. It is quite nice centre. The educators are very friendly and kind with me. Explain for me any issues about child care major.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 February 2018
I enjoy accompanying the young children as they smile and play!
All well behaved and although I was just a volunteer, they grew attached to me and were all sweet enough to draw pictures of me
Decent place to work
Qualified Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA21 January 2018
I worked at several centres with goodstart. My first centre was Welshpool and I absolutely loved it there, the families were lovely and the children became my children I loved them all. The other centres were not so great I got several complaints from other workers for things I didn't do and I ended up having to leave because I felt inferior
Good company to work for
Educator Assistant (Current Employee) –  GoodStart Adelaide8 January 2018
I have been working for GoodStart for over 6 yrs ... I have enjoyed working with the families and being apart of their world to help their children grow into spiritual, knowledgable powerful beings! :)!
Pros
Great environment to work in, good up-skilling trainings available
Cons
Not enough working hours
Goodstart Early Learning Centre Mount Tamborine
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Tamborine Mountain QLD8 January 2018
I really loved and enjoyed working with GoodStart, the interactions with the children were great, the interactions with the staff was challenging, unfortunately I had to leave, I would have stayed at this position if I had of completed or was studying towards my Diploma in Children's Services, this is what was required of myself but unfortunately I couldn't obtain this.
Pros
The children were the best thing about this job.
Cons
A lot of expectation ex: Paper work, Programming and not enough programming time, Observations of the children and I was the only Educator in the room, Storey Park was a tough one to keep up with, homework that was given to us from our director etc.
The workplace was spacious and enabled each child to feel comfortable.
student educator for 140hours (Former Employee) –  McKinnon VIC2 January 2018
In this center I worked in the baby's room, toddlers room,pre-kinder children and kinder children. Each experience was very good.The staff was helpful and friendly. The Staff always made sure that the children were comfortable and also were very enthusiastic about helping each child develop.
Pros
Teaching
Nasty and unprofessional South Australian recruitment team
Qualified Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA1 January 2018
Nasty recruitment team. It is who you know not what you know in South Australia Goodstart. Unprofessional recruitment team who prefer to listen to gossip than making an educated and professional choice
Pros
the children and their families
Cons
Vindictive Directors
Love
Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Qld17 December 2017
I loved working for goodstart
Always doing training either on site or off site
Teacher meetings
Casual positions always available
Although if you apply for a full time position you get taken off casual
Pros
Supportive
Supportive Team
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC13 December 2017
Very supportive team and offers assistance for students completing work placement as well as on the floor working with the educators. Some of the teachers are genuine, hard working and love the children very much.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not a lot of available shifts
professional workplace
Childcare worker (Former Employee) –  Aberfoyle Park SA8 December 2017
as a student i learnt how to work with a team of educators, adapt to any situation easily, do a variety of different tasks which needed skills and how to care and provide for children
Good start summary
Child care worker/ assistant (Former Employee) –  Semaphore SA7 December 2017
I always had a goid day working for GoodStart. It was challenging at times but they also treated me well which made things easier. They are very culturally diverse which brings a warm feeling to each centre.
Pros
Always learning something new everyday
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Productive workplace with the innovative to have each employee grow to their full potential
Educator (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC23 November 2017
Goodstart early learning is a full on job, there are a lot of tasks and deadlines to be met following their guidelines and procedures but they are a very inclusive work force always willing to help each employee grow and further develop.
Pros
Relationships with children, free study for employees
Things need to change
Senior educator (Former Employee) –  Queensland Gold coast20 November 2017
A very rewarding career however upper management fail to understand that at any given moment through out the day rhings can change. We could bein need of extra support in the room.Again we
tend to,be short staffed in the morning and evening which is really upsetting because parents are aware that one educator has too,many children This demeans the GOODSTART quality and is totally exhausting for educators I wonder how many parents disscuss this with in their community thus putting GOODSTART in a negative lighrt

Stress and fatigue are rampent through out centres We need extra support on a daily basis Managment need to experince the particle side of the job rather than then theory Centres are so much morethan budget and figures
Pros
Pro active challenges
Cons
Totally exhausting
Constant harrassment and bullying
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  SA13 November 2017
Management has no concerns for employee welfare, when staff stand up to management they are bullied to stay quiet to to point of physically stopping staff when calling the union or asking directors to call the them whenever certain staff go on breaks to continually harass them. After being the victim of two assaults and constant harassment I was then sent multiple requests for my resignation with no offers of support. I went from full time hours as a casual to 4 shifts in three months after I stood up for my rights.
Pros
Above award pay
Cons
Favortism, bullying, harrassment
Lovely staff, friendly environment
Room Leader - Babies (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2017
It was a great experience working with good start. Children and families were so appreciative. Staff all got along well and really knew how to work together as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.