GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Room leader/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW30 July 2018
Working with a range of different educators and children and never know what each day will bring.
I loved working with the older children who where able to challenge your thinking and keep you guessing as the day went on.
Pros
loved the 1hr lunch breaks
Cons
long long hours
GoodStart Early Learning is a good quality daycare centre
Volunteer Early Childhood Educator and Carer (Former Employee) –  Labrador QLD22 July 2018
As I was a trainee at GoodStart Early Learning Labrador for more than one year. I was working with all experience staffs. All staffs engage children by using play-based learning that encourages the development of outcomes within the Early Years Learning Framework.
A productive workplace
Student log (Former Employee) –  Boonah QLD9 July 2018
Goodstart Early Learning Centre provides a variety of learning achievements for both children and employees and is a great environment for both children and adults.
Pros
Experiences with children of all ages
Cons
Lots of spare time
Positive work place
Educator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD18 June 2018
It is a good and positive work place, the children are beautiful and the educators always go out of their way to make a childs day special. If I had children I would send them to goodstart.
Terrible company!
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Toongabbie NSW24 May 2018
I worked for Goodstart for a number of years and have watched it decline dramatically in so many different aspects.
Management is horrible! No support, no compassion, no care for workers and their personal/family commitments. When there is a complaint, it is swept under the rug, and/or brushed off by directors and above as they are all ‘buddies’ who cover their own butts.
Paperwork is becoming a joke. Expectations from staff are ridiculously high. We are expected to supervise children, complete daily tasks, implement curriculum, document and complete routines all without support or revision. It is no longer about helping to prepare and teach children for their future, more of just letting them do whatever they feel whenever they feel, no structure!
Parents complained numerous times and nothing is done.
AVOID Goodstart for both employment and childcare needs!
Pros
Cons
Many
It was good and enjoyable.
student assistant of centre staff educator (Former Employee) –  Ingle Farm SA8 May 2018
I am able to work as soon as possible that fits my skills and I love doing all my duties especially at work and I value the people around me. My most enjoyable job is taking care the children start from 6 months old up to 5 years old, that was during my workplacement in a childcare center. Also as a room attendant I love working with different people and taking care the people around our work and maintaining there health during there stay in a hotel.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 April 2018
Busy days at work
Learnt time management and how to work under pressure
Management needs to be improved
Workplace culture is fun and diverse
Hardest part of the job is working in extreme staffing conditions and lack of support
Most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of the staff you meet and the fun environment.
Cons
too much paper work and too much pressure
It’s more about business than the children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA6 April 2018
Staff overworked and expected to do numerous jobs in limited time with little to no support.

Marketing has become a priority. Everything is made to look well and good, yet staff are run off their toes.

Centre fills rooms to max + capacity, which does not allow for quality education as the day becomes about just surviving. This also means that children get less one on one time.

Management need to be more qualified and paid better to justify this.
Pros
Staff are friendly
Cons
Stressful, under appreciated, low pay, high turn over of staff
Great pay, no respect for staff
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW4 April 2018
No respect for staff from management. Bullying doesn’t get dealt with accordingly. When you are unwell you don’t get any sympathy from your management you just get yelled at and made to feel guilty
Pros
Pay
Cons
No appreciation
Productive, fun, professional work environment with room for further development
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW3 April 2018
Every half hour since work starts all employees have a task that they have to fill before arrival of children. This allows time management practice and working together as a team. There is always on going training where needed for every individual employee. Where I was which is Good Start Kempsey management need a lot more training them selfs with time management and staff communication. Family orientated. When employing new staff the management feel that they should be perfectly knowing of job role without question no help form other staff on experience training. The incentives that are provided is the most enjoyable part.

Want to know more about GoodStart Early Learning?

Ask a question
Poor Management
Float Casual (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD12 February 2018
I worked at an amazing centre which then sadly the reputation went down hill. The centre lost 50percent of their staff within 6months. Due to a change in management.. The culture was amazing, everyone got along, families were happy and i loved going to work. The Area M came in and had too much control. Now i try to avoid this centre even though i need work.
Pros
lunch time, playing with kids, talking with families
Cons
Am
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW12 February 2018
Goodstart was a good place to learn and experience work in a day care. The staff were beautiful and always checked if you needed help. The children were very nice & lovely to meet
look after the children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kambah ACT12 February 2018
I am not work in this centre. I just had practiced. I'm really like this centre. It is quite nice centre. The educators are very friendly and kind with me. Explain for me any issues about child care major.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 February 2018
I enjoy accompanying the young children as they smile and play!
All well behaved and although I was just a volunteer, they grew attached to me and were all sweet enough to draw pictures of me
Decent place to work
Qualified Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA21 January 2018
I worked at several centres with goodstart. My first centre was Welshpool and I absolutely loved it there, the families were lovely and the children became my children I loved them all. The other centres were not so great I got several complaints from other workers for things I didn't do and I ended up having to leave because I felt inferior
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Educator (casual)from August (Former Employee) –  Brinsmead QLD8 January 2018
i learnt so many thing while working with goodstart . our team was very energetic, fun based work, helping each other. bulding strong relationship with each other.
Good company to work for
Educator Assistant (Current Employee) –  GoodStart Adelaide8 January 2018
I have been working for GoodStart for over 6 yrs ... I have enjoyed working with the families and being apart of their world to help their children grow into spiritual, knowledgable powerful beings! :)!
Pros
Great environment to work in, good up-skilling trainings available
Cons
Not enough working hours
Goodstart Early Learning Centre Mount Tamborine
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Tamborine Mountain QLD8 January 2018
I really loved and enjoyed working with GoodStart, the interactions with the children were great, the interactions with the staff was challenging, unfortunately I had to leave, I would have stayed at this position if I had of completed or was studying towards my Diploma in Children's Services, this is what was required of myself but unfortunately I couldn't obtain this.
Pros
The children were the best thing about this job.
Cons
A lot of expectation ex: Paper work, Programming and not enough programming time, Observations of the children and I was the only Educator in the room, Storey Park was a tough one to keep up with, homework that was given to us from our director etc.
The workplace was spacious and enabled each child to feel comfortable.
student educator for 140hours (Former Employee) –  McKinnon VIC2 January 2018
In this center I worked in the baby's room, toddlers room,pre-kinder children and kinder children. Each experience was very good.The staff was helpful and friendly. The Staff always made sure that the children were comfortable and also were very enthusiastic about helping each child develop.
Pros
Teaching
Nasty and unprofessional South Australian recruitment team
Qualified Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA1 January 2018
Nasty recruitment team. It is who you know not what you know in South Australia Goodstart. Unprofessional recruitment team who prefer to listen to gossip than making an educated and professional choice
Pros
the children and their families
Cons
Vindictive Directors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.