GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Goodstart is a good place to work. The company does look after you with uniforms whi. is really handy. Another great factor is the annual leave and sick leave when you on a conrtract which is good job security
So much paper works and not enough time. Too much expectations for the staff to do without giving time to get things done. Have to do it on our own time. Either come to work early or stay back to get things done.
The director is the best director I’ve had she’s really good with not only this kids but also the workers she really helped me with everything and gave me a chance no one else was willing to give me. All the ladies here and lovely and the best group I’ve worked with. 10/10 would recommend working here.
I have just started my job about a month ago. it is going good. The staff and director are very cooperative and helpful. I love to work here. also have a good working benefit with them.
I was unfairly targeted and discriminated against while on placement. I was told about everything that was said and everything was a lie about me and was unfairly treated by my teachers because of it. Ended up leaving because I was unfairly treated
This company has nothing ethical, it is rotten from the top down. Money is the only thing they care about and mostly how to pay bonuses to the management team. Support is only given to people they like, favouritism is rampant. Honesty and job security is non existent. I have experienced three places and all of them with truly toxic culture. Do yourself a favour look somewhere also, it is not worth the two cents they claim to pay extra.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A good company, great resources and close to where I was living as well. Career prospects if you willing to up the ladder. Wide range of Goodstart Centres all around the Australia enables the employees to apply for transfers according to changing circumstances of its employees.
Pros
great resources, play equipments
Cons
Management was overall unsupportive during high stress. Non exclusion policy meant physically abusive children not dealt with appropraiately. Limited breaks. Often forced to work overtime indefinitely not knowing when you would actually finish despite roster.Professional development was available but company directed meaning you had to travel an hour each way to complete at head office. Once training was online. At one time five staff had received written warnings which is unheard of. They offer a bonus for ECT's and good discounts for staff childcare.
Pros
reasonable income
Cons
poor management and support
Educators are lovely, everyone is hard working, positive, great at working as a team, happy and helpful educatiors that you can see are passionate and love there job. The only thing ive picked up on that could be worked on is communication but that is genuinly pretty good!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
A typical day at work starts off with opening the centre and preparing the outside equipment for the kids and providing a safe and healthy environment. I gained a high level of patience with immense love and compassion for children, gained knowledge of developing fun and interesting activitie, good communication and interpersonal skills and excellent child supervision skills.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Headaches
It could be just the centre director was in bad situation with her personal / life issues. Unfortunately, she couldn't separate her private issues and brought it to work. The whole year I was there, she couldn't focus on work and allowing work problems gets bigger. I have tried approaching her in person. Some of the educators also reported her to head office but nothing much was done. after a year, I couldn't bear it any longer and chose to leave. Somehow, she manage to re-write ( after I sign the document) a bad report about me on my last day of work. Therefor I am no longer can work for the company nation wide.
Wanted to experience a nonprofit organisation See what their good practices guide was all about What impact/benefits it added to daily routines & practices to our industry. See what their upgrades where taking environments too
The company has a strong focus on hiring the right people to care for and educate young children. Profits go back to centres and children.Goodstart has a great vision.
Pros
Not for profit.
Cons
Hard but valuable work. There is complexity teaching in LDC.
it fits well in my work life balance. working in childcare is highly rewarding but it is stressful and demanding as well. Everyday is different. It's really cool to work close with children and to watch them to grow . physically demanding job: lifting children, setting outdoor environment and cleaning
Fantastic ethical company. Reinvesting money back into centres, education of staff and social initatives for children across Australia. Great network of passionate professionals.
All i did was help the teachers with the kids I read a book to the kids one day The most enjoyable thing was playing with the kids
Working at Goodstart was a very unique and unforgettable experience. The centre staff were helpful, friendly, involved with the children and very professional. While I did struggle at times while I was new, the staff would always be patient with me and lend a helping hand. The environment was also lovely for the children, there were always a variety of toys to play with as well as pets (fish, chickens and turtles) to take care of. The best part of the job was being able to play with the children, challenge their curious minds and help them learn new things while having fun at the same time.
Pros
Friendly staff, fun environment, fast paced environment
Fue una experiencia muy positiva para mi formación profesional. Cuando estaba viviendo en Australia, vi la necesidad de trabajar en una escuela y poder ver en primera persona la metodología que tienen los australianos en las escuelas. Simplemente fue una experiencia magnífica, donde conocí a personas maravillosas que me hicieron de guías y me enseñaron distintas maneras de trabajar.
Poorly resourced, no teamwork, management walk in - criticise, leave you dejected. Directors have NO handle on woman's team building!!! Unsanitary, gossipy, poorly trained staff, parents are often misinformed. The daily write ups, just plain made up! Lies all over the place. Badly behaved children, parents who either don't care or don't want to know. Mismanaged Centres - executive heavy head-office that don't have a clue what's going on - on the floor. All about the mighty $ NOT the children. No Educator incentives. Would not recommend in any way.
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Some great children
Goodstart are a well established company that respect skills and help mentor and train early childhood professionals. In my time there I learnt a lot both from colleagues and from my superiors. The work ethic was great at the company and those who wished to advance their career were given the opportunity to do so. Every day was a great day and going to work was a pleasure
Assisting in the Education of Children 0-6 Yrs. I learned how to interact with Staff, Children and their families on a daily basis. Co-workers worked well together most of the time. Management of the centre I feel could have been a lot better.