GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews for Early Childhood Teacher

overall a great place to work was sad to leave due to moving. Would work for this company again. The parents, staff and children were all approachable and would provide feedback.
working at good start early learning horsham provided me with the knowledge and expertise to develop the neccasary skills and abilties to be an amazing educator
I love working with children and their families to help provide the best possible learning outcomes for each individual child. I dislike the expectations when it comes to the other side of the job and in the time frame given I feel it is impossible to complete the tasks given.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
low pay for workload expectations
Friendly atmosphere Child focused Beautiful centre Excellent co workers Great casual pay rates Great place to gain valuable experience Great management team Opportunities to move into other rooms Great break schedule
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Not many hours for casuals
A good company, great resources and close to where I was living as well. Career prospects if you willing to up the ladder. Wide range of Goodstart Centres all around the Australia enables the employees to apply for transfers according to changing circumstances of its employees.
Pros
great resources, play equipments
Cons
Helpfull and co-operative staff .good arrangements for childreen which makes childreen more confident and learn things to do with educated educators .nice enviorment.
This company pays above many other similar childcare companies. Casual employees can be treated as expendible and not part of the team. The usual pitfalls of childcare exist at this company - high staff turnover, stressful work environment, toxic workplace culture and staff not being recognised and rewarded for their hard work. It's a shame that there is still so much plastic and fake toys rather than real, authentic, child-centric outdoor learning. Every centre is different and the standards for supervision and education vary wildly. Some centres don't maintain ratio during lunch breaks and can leave one staff member with many children at once e.g. 15 babies to one staff member. Others are more safe.
Pros
Pay, many centres so you can transfer, company tries to promote positive change, not for profit
Cons
Toxic work environment, doesn't maintain ratio, centres vary wildly
Management was overall unsupportive during high stress. Non exclusion policy meant physically abusive children not dealt with appropraiately. Limited breaks. Often forced to work overtime indefinitely not knowing when you would actually finish despite roster.Professional development was available but company directed meaning you had to travel an hour each way to complete at head office. Once training was online. At one time five staff had received written warnings which is unheard of. They offer a bonus for ECT's and good discounts for staff childcare.
Pros
reasonable income
Cons
poor management and support
As I was a trainee at GoodStart Early Learning Labrador for more than one year. I was working with all experience staffs. All staffs engage children by using play-based learning that encourages the development of outcomes within the Early Years Learning Framework.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GoodStart Early Learning?
Generally the same as a normal day in daycare. Breakfast, play inside and out. Tables of activities, make things, have incursions. Lunch, play, sleep
Working with children & their families should be rewarding, but not when you are constantly butting heads with a director who pushed the boundaries in terms of regulations. Constantly understaffed, I was left on my own with up to 17 children in my first week - without knowing the children or their families. They used "under roof ratios", which had safety implications for children & staff, & meant the quality of care, supervision & program suffers terribly. The lack of resources was appalling. I was purchasing resources myself. There were some serious issues with some children & their behaviours, but no support from management (director had no understanding of what these children needed & lack of resources & poorly designed playground with NO challenges only exacerbated the problem). This company is still ABC in disguise. It's still all about the profit over the children & staff are under enormous pressure to care for children under ridiculous conditions. The pay is appalling, the paperwork & accountability is crazy & the expectation that you will dedicate your life to the centre is ludicrous. Got out as soon as soon as I could & would not recommend this company, there are so many wonderful, rewarding early childhood places to work.
Pros
The children & their families. The staff were friendly.
Cons
Everything else.
a career looking after and educating the young people of this country give one a feeling of accomplishment. being able to facilitate relationships with families and stake holders
Pros
baby cuddles
Cons
low wages, lots of paperwork
Staff are friendly and caring. Children, parents and staff say good morning to each other. Usually as I enter a room children will come up to me and ask if we can sing a particular song or can I tell them the storey about the three bears and Goldilocks or we are going on a bear hunt.
involvement with the community Parents and staff are respected for what they can contribute to the environment.Staff meetings are regular and provide opportunity for staff learning to keep up with changes with in the childcare sector Extremely busy at times but the staff ratios are considered at all times Staff can be continually absent due to illness of themselves or their children. management centre directors are lacking in the fundamental basics required to manage a team of people and often misunderstandings are never addressed in a professional manner and often never resolved . Which leaves the unresolved issues to go underground creating a tense and unhappy environment
Pros
non
Cons
hard work with no recognition for all that the educator contributes daily
These people who have reviewed GoodStart Early Learning have not worked at East Nowra. Working there has to be one of the worst experiences of my life. The children are out of control throwing chairs, tearing around the centre and knocking all the books off the shelves and ripping other children's artwork up. A lot of inappropriate behaviours where these children have been exposed to things they shouldn't have been exposed too. The workers appear to turn a blind eye to their behaviours and it was not recorded. I was told by the Director that there was nothing they could do change this. If they attempted to contact parents they just wouldn't answer their phone. No soap in baby area the entire time I worked there which was approximately 1 month. There was a sign saying wash hands but no soap. They didn't wash the 0-2 children hands once before meals. I would suggest to them to wash their hands and would get the reply oh don't worry about it. A lot of the other workers are unfriendly and not welcoming to new casual's coming to work there. How on earth GoodStart Early Learning East Nowra received accreditation is beyond me.
Pros
Cons
All of the above