GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews for Educational Assistant

Educational Assistant17 reviews
Australia17 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Positive work place

It is a good and positive work place, the children are beautiful and the educators always go out of their way to make a childs day special. If I had children I would send them to goodstart.

It is professional and friendly, I am comfortable enough to go back and work for Goodstart early learning in a heartbeat.

The work place culture at Goodstart have this in the bag. The workplace culture is shared values, Also building relationships with families respectfully.

Pros

Breaks, annual.

Cons

Hours can change

Bad environment

Would not recommend this company, every centre I worked at was full of nasty gossipy women that talk behind your back instead of helping you to learn and improve.

wonderful place

I have been working for this amazing company for years, Townsville, canberra ans I had opportunity to work for goodstart as a casual staff I had the best experience ever.

Terrible company!

I worked for Goodstart for a number of years and have watched it decline dramatically in so many different aspects. Management is horrible! No support, no compassion, no care for workers and their personal/family commitments. When there is a complaint, it is swept under the rug, and/or brushed off by directors and above as they are all ‘buddies’ who cover their own butts. Paperwork is becoming a joke. Expectations from staff are ridiculously high. We are expected to supervise children, complete daily tasks, implement curriculum, document and complete routines all without support or revision. It is no longer about helping to prepare and teach children for their future, more of just letting them do whatever they feel whenever they feel, no structure! Parents complained numerous times and nothing is done. AVOID Goodstart for both employment and childcare needs!

Pros

Cons

Many

productive and fun workplace

i learnt so many thing while working with goodstart . our team was very energetic, fun based work, helping each other. bulding strong relationship with each other.

Good company to work for

I have been working for GoodStart for over 6 yrs ... I have enjoyed working with the families and being apart of their world to help their children grow into spiritual, knowledgable powerful beings! :)!

Pros

Great environment to work in, good up-skilling trainings available

Cons

Not enough working hours

Best Job

I really enjoyed working at goodstart, I love the team, the support and just the overall feel for working there. thank you girls for making the experience awesome.

nice place to work

its good to work with babies. i like working with them. i learned team work, care etc. that centre's management is really good. i liked working in warm friendly healthy environment.

Fun and Friendly workplace

Leading a room of young children, leading an assistant educator. Communicating with children, staff and parents. Food handling. OH&S with guidance to other staff. First aid Creating fun themed rooms and programs, for the children and staff to learn. Organizing exciting events for children, families and staff to get involved in.

Pros

Free lunch, cooking experiences, leading a room

Cons

Management was lacking communication with staff

Best in Educational Implementation

The workers were all friendly.the place is a busy centre with 80 children and lots of staff.They change staff all the time.They catered to the latest trend in teaching.They have the best discipline for children. Due to the stress level of the workplace some staff get tired and cranky.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

stressful

Goodstart

Unfortunately often not child focused, ive seen far too many examples of staff simply not caring / responding to children inappropriately. There is a culture of being quick to criticize other staff but not to look critically at ones own behavior / double standards. The main aim across centres is often to get the kids outside so staff can have a chat and not have to structure learning activities. Shifts are long and rather demanding however the kids are gorgeous and great to be around.

Pros

Great kids

Cons

Long hours, lack of care towards children

working in a childcare is a great job

it fits well in my work life balance. working in childcare is highly rewarding but it is stressful and demanding as well. Everyday is different. It's really cool to work close with children and to watch them to grow . physically demanding job: lifting children, setting outdoor environment and cleaning

Amazing Familes

Assisting in the Education of Children 0-6 Yrs. I learned how to interact with Staff, Children and their families on a daily basis. Co-workers worked well together most of the time. Management of the centre I feel could have been a lot better.

Overall a friendly, warm place to work.

My day typically starts by walking through the front door to a room full of greetings from staff, parents and children. I greet back and after putting my things away sign on. Walking into my room I am overwhelmed by all of the smiling faces that look up at me and the thudding of little feet has me knowing that cuddles are to come! My whole day is based on team work and communication and (if its not to soppy for me to say) love. I love what I do and I love seeing the beautiful outcome of the hard work I put into making sure those children have what they need to be the best 'them' that they can be. Although I do love my job, at times it can be quite stressful. Lets face it, I work with all women and a room full of Toddlers! But at the end of the day, all of the staff look past their own issues and I know that despite all of the stress, I will walk in the next day and still be bombarded by little arms wrapped around me! Knowing that I am playing a part in these children's development, and watching them grow and find themselves has got to be the most rewarding part of my job! I love being an Educator!!

Pros

Love, friendship, learning from the children, watching the children grow, cuddles, art, outdoors

Cons

Long hours, poor pay

Strong structure of programmes,supportive

Good opportunity for advancement...Especially open to males(very encouraging}

Pros

Good experience

Family feeling at work

Did not feel like going to work because the staff there were so friendly and made work enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GoodStart Early Learning