GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews for Educator

Getting to know the children and their families and to watch them grow and develop from babies to go off to school is priceless. Watching the change in the children that may have difficulties in meeting their milestones to then flourish and thrive is great.
Work environment TOXIC! Director v unprofessional, loves to create conflict between staff! Never enough gloves, wipes Head office couldn't care less!
Pros
Helping to make a difference in a child's life
Cons
Toxic environment- director & area manager very unprofessional
Working for goodstart os lovely, the environment is friendly and child family focused. The downside is the pay isn't great for the amount of effort you give. However I recommend working here. Because it’s about giving back to the community at the end of the day.
Goodstart is very nice centre and staff is very friendly and professional and professional. The service is great. Salary is enough to survive. The location of Goodstart is very good. The director and admin and another staff is very nice, thanks to Goodstart for providing me this opportunity and in future I would like to do work in same early learning centre.
It’s a great company to work with to learn new skills and work life balance with lots of opportunities for future. I will recommend for new students to get experience
I was always happy and excited to work there. I had a great team and director and believed everyone had the children's best interests at heart. I would recommend working with GoodStart.
Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members, children and their families. Actively contribute to the education program in the room and the Centre team. Engage and supervise the children. Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children at all times. Comply with National Quality Standards (NQS) and Goodstart Policies, Procedures and requirements. Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide to support in the delivery of high-quality education program and practice in the room. Assist with setting up fun, innovative and educational activities. Support a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continues improvement. Contribute to a professional and positive work culture.
Great company and the people I work with are driven, love the job and support each other. Our Director wears her heart on her sleeve and acknowledges team effort.
Pros
Ongoing training opportunities
Cons
Corona virus has made me not have work
I was just lucky to have a chance to work with a lot of inspiring people. I was doing my work placement there and I definitely learned a lot of from them.
competitive for job security Unable to secure job due to experience and length in company. In company mismanagement lead to lack of work. Wanting more shifts in the future
Staff are all for themselves too busy trying to be in with the director rather than watching the kids. I would never send my own children there nor will I ever recommend any of my friends to take there children there. Staff are too busy gossiping and the director are backstabbing liars. Never ever use the bus service either your child might end up deceased
Stated above in ratings, overall is a good workplace with a great leader. Have supported my work life balance with my young family. Centre director easy to talk to.
The director is the best director I’ve had she’s really good with not only this kids but also the workers she really helped me with everything and gave me a chance no one else was willing to give me. All the ladies here and lovely and the best group I’ve worked with. 10/10 would recommend working here.
I have just started my job about a month ago. it is going good. The staff and director are very cooperative and helpful. I love to work here. also have a good working benefit with them.
i enjoyed doing my placement with this centre. the staff was cooperative and willing to teach. helped me to complete the assignment needed to complete the Diploma. The Room leader was very understanding and gave me all help needed during my placement.
was always productive with the kids, the made me smile every single day, the made ever part of my brain work. I miss the questions I got asked on a regular.
From the first day till last I learned a lot from there. Educators and the management all are very kind and cooperative. I helped other educators in planning activities according to the interest of the childfen.
Worked for Goodstart for several years. Management at the centre was terrible, never supported, extra work is expected and unpaid. Communication across centre is not great. Salary was fantastic, job security was great, but management is a big failure.
Pros
6-10 month standard roster
Cons
This company has nothing ethical, it is rotten from the top down. Money is the only thing they care about and mostly how to pay bonuses to the management team. Support is only given to people they like, favouritism is rampant. Honesty and job security is non existent. I have experienced three places and all of them with truly toxic culture. Do yourself a favour look somewhere also, it is not worth the two cents they claim to pay extra.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
These people never pay you the correct amount, annual leave sick leave and overtime. I spent so many weeks struggling to get through cause they didn’t pay me my correct amount and they would always make excuses. The environment is a stressful one and not one you want to be in each day, the educators there are lazy, sneaky and nasty. Would not recommend to families or other people looking for work
The culture at my specific workplace was bad, super toxic. Management was always changing and tended to be not supportive. Documentation was excessive, to the point, it detracted from child interactions and family life. Overall not a positive experience for me.