GoodStart Early Learning

Educator43 reviews
Australia43 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

challenging and rewarding

Getting to know the children and their families and to watch them grow and develop from babies to go off to school is priceless. Watching the change in the children that may have difficulties in meeting their milestones to then flourish and thrive is great.

It depends on the centre

Some places are great but others are not. I don’t like there was lots of documentation to do and not enough time to do it. I didn’t like how staff have to pay for resources. There are great, hard working and passionate educators but management doesn’t help and favouritism is very big. We were always over ratio and unable to get casual staff. Goodstart have a lot of good values & principles, I wish that they put into practice.

Pros

Get to work and make a difference in children’s lives

Cons

Being outside when it is hot, Documentation, take work home regularly, Parents are very fussy and will pester you for a missing sock

Big company, no heart

This company is about filling places. Had to fight to get the awarded 20 min break and then had to present documents so we would not be asked to do work in that 20min break time. This is a small example of working life at Goodstart

Pros

None that I found

Cons

Not enough allocated time for programming etc

Terrible company

I don't know how a not for profit company that claims to give all the money back toward resources for children can be so money hungry that we are given next to no budget for childrens toys and educational equipment. We try very hard to entertain and educate our children and they're happy for now, however we are stuck with resources that have been in our centre for over 10 years, we hardly ever get new things for the children to experience! Resources aside, the management clearly don't care about their centres either and it ultimately causes the work environment to become difficult, with directors not receiving assistance for additional staff, logging jobs, etc. It can be very tough working for a company that doesn't care about their employees :( despite all the negative things I've experienced from this company, I have met some incredible people while working here that have made this whole experience worthwhile.

Pros

Make amazing friends

Cons

Worst place/company I have ever worked for! Horrible and toxic!

Work environment TOXIC! Director v unprofessional, loves to create conflict between staff! Never enough gloves, wipes Head office couldn't care less!

Pros

Helping to make a difference in a child's life

Cons

Toxic environment- director & area manager very unprofessional

Friendly, child focused environment

Working for goodstart os lovely, the environment is friendly and child family focused. The downside is the pay isn't great for the amount of effort you give. However I recommend working here. Because it’s about giving back to the community at the end of the day.

Great job

Goodstart is very nice centre and staff is very friendly and professional and professional. The service is great. Salary is enough to survive. The location of Goodstart is very good. The director and admin and another staff is very nice, thanks to Goodstart for providing me this opportunity and in future I would like to do work in same early learning centre.

Great company

It’s a great company to work with to learn new skills and work life balance with lots of opportunities for future. I will recommend for new students to get experience

Fun and positive environment

I was always happy and excited to work there. I had a great team and director and believed everyone had the children's best interests at heart. I would recommend working with GoodStart.

Productive and fun place to work while make a differnece in our next generation

Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members, children and their families. Actively contribute to the education program in the room and the Centre team. Engage and supervise the children. Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children at all times. Comply with National Quality Standards (NQS) and Goodstart Policies, Procedures and requirements. Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide to support in the delivery of high-quality education program and practice in the room. Assist with setting up fun, innovative and educational activities. Support a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continues improvement. Contribute to a professional and positive work culture.

Great company

Great company and the people I work with are driven, love the job and support each other. Our Director wears her heart on her sleeve and acknowledges team effort.

Pros

Ongoing training opportunities

Cons

Corona virus has made me not have work

Inspiring place

I was just lucky to have a chance to work with a lot of inspiring people. I was doing my work placement there and I definitely learned a lot of from them.

Fair

competitive for job security Unable to secure job due to experience and length in company. In company mismanagement lead to lack of work. Wanting more shifts in the future

If i could rate a zero i would

Staff are all for themselves too busy trying to be in with the director rather than watching the kids. I would never send my own children there nor will I ever recommend any of my friends to take there children there. Staff are too busy gossiping and the director are backstabbing liars. Never ever use the bus service either your child might end up deceased

As above

Stated above in ratings, overall is a good workplace with a great leader. Have supported my work life balance with my young family. Centre director easy to talk to.

Best place to work

The director is the best director I’ve had she’s really good with not only this kids but also the workers she really helped me with everything and gave me a chance no one else was willing to give me. All the ladies here and lovely and the best group I’ve worked with. 10/10 would recommend working here.

good environment place for work

I have just started my job about a month ago. it is going good. The staff and director are very cooperative and helpful. I love to work here. also have a good working benefit with them.

fun and learning experience

i enjoyed doing my placement with this centre. the staff was cooperative and willing to teach. helped me to complete the assignment needed to complete the Diploma. The Room leader was very understanding and gave me all help needed during my placement.

productive, loving, humble, fun, teamwork

was always productive with the kids, the made me smile every single day, the made ever part of my brain work. I miss the questions I got asked on a regular.

Learned lot from there.

From the first day till last I learned a lot from there. Educators and the management all are very kind and cooperative. I helped other educators in planning activities according to the interest of the childfen.

Management was terrible

Worked for Goodstart for several years. Management at the centre was terrible, never supported, extra work is expected and unpaid. Communication across centre is not great. Salary was fantastic, job security was great, but management is a big failure.

Pros

6-10 month standard roster

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GoodStart Early Learning
  • Educator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?