GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Employee Reviews for Group Leader

Group Leader13 reviews
Australia13 reviews
Goodstart is a good place to work. The company does look after you with uniforms whi. is really handy. Another great factor is the annual leave and sick leave when you on a conrtract which is good job security
No respect for staff from management. Bullying doesn’t get dealt with accordingly. When you are unwell you don’t get any sympathy from your management you just get yelled at and made to feel guilty
Pros
Pay
Cons
No appreciation
I would like to say thank you to Goodstart that they gave me opportunity to work as a part of their team. I have brushed up my diploma qualified skills which helped me a lot to play my role easily.
Pros
They always help me to develop my skills which was useful for playing my role as a room leader.
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to get a day off easily.
supported , kind and welcoming . the girls are engaged at work and communicated well . I was really enjoyed working there and it's still a good place I would like to visit .
I learned so much in my time there. Resigned due to pregnancy. Met so many great people and families. Very rewarding to see children grow and reach the milestones.
Pros
Different shifts
Cons
Dealing with difficult children
Absolute great place to work, Management is fantastic lots of fun activities happening, Amazing support and all round work/life balance. Lots of fun to be had with children and staff.
Pros
Staff Lunches
It could be just the centre director was in bad situation with her personal / life issues. Unfortunately, she couldn't separate her private issues and brought it to work. The whole year I was there, she couldn't focus on work and allowing work problems gets bigger. I have tried approaching her in person. Some of the educators also reported her to head office but nothing much was done.

after a year, I couldn't bear it any longer and chose to leave. Somehow, she manage to re-write ( after I sign the document) a bad report about me on my last day of work. Therefor I am no longer can work for the company nation wide.
All though most of the staff are good to work with there.The treatment by the managment there is really unprofessional. A review of the centre needs to be done by someone from the outside.The staff are split down the middle there not all working together as one. The yard there is on a slop so there should not be any bike riding they need safety mates around equipment. There is'nt enough for the children to do at play time outside in the big yard. The centre is not proffessional at all.
Pros
some good staff there
Cons
need to make changes
A day in the Life of an educator consisted of routine, supervision, setting up educational activities following the program created weekly. The most enjoyable part of the job was daily interactions with co-workers, children and parents. The hardest part of the job was behaviour management.
Poorly resourced, no teamwork, management walk in - criticise, leave you dejected. Directors have NO handle on woman's team building!!! Unsanitary, gossipy, poorly trained staff, parents are often misinformed. The daily write ups, just plain made up! Lies all over the place. Badly behaved children, parents who either don't care or don't want to know. Mismanaged Centres - executive heavy head-office that don't have a clue what's going on - on the floor. All about the mighty $ NOT the children. No Educator incentives. Would not recommend in any way.
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Some great children
A day is ensuring children are safe and happy and are engaging in daily learning activities, communicating with families about there children on a daily basis.
Pros
Meeting and getting to know children and families
Liked working for goodstart now I want fulltime employment
Pros
want fulltime work
Cons
sick of being casual
The prekindy room is a very busy room, 18 children with 3 staff, team work is primordial and we all do our best to communicate how the daily activities are going to run for the day. Good timing is important as there are routines that need to be followed all through the day and sometimes running late can make a lot of difference. I need to be organised and keep things flowing and multi task so that we can keep on top of things.
It is a great reward when I see the children in my care happy and achieving what they can achieve for their age.
Pros
free uniforms