GoodStart Early Learning
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GoodStart Early Learning Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia311 reviews
Goodstart is a good place to work. The company does look after you with uniforms whi. is really handy. Another great factor is the annual leave and sick leave when you on a conrtract which is good job security
Goodstart is very nice centre and staff is very friendly and professional and professional. The service is great. Salary is enough to survive. The location of Goodstart is very good. The director and admin and another staff is very nice, thanks to Goodstart for providing me this opportunity and in future I would like to do work in same early learning centre.
Huge work load employed for 25 hours a week what I was expected to do was just a joke you are dealing with a lot of children that have different types of allergies as well as providing healthy meals on a small budget. There is also endless amount of footwork to as washing up and keeping the kitchen spotless without any help a kitchen assistant employed for 5 hours a day would make work conditions a lot more pleasant, plus pay is lousy, would not recommend this place to work in.
Worked for Goodstart for several years. Management at the centre was terrible, never supported, extra work is expected and unpaid. Communication across centre is not great.
Salary was fantastic, job security was great, but management is a big failure.
Pros
6-10 month standard roster
Cons
These people never pay you the correct amount, annual leave sick leave and overtime. I spent so many weeks struggling to get through cause they didn’t pay me my correct amount and they would always make excuses.
The environment is a stressful one and not one you want to be in each day, the educators there are lazy, sneaky and nasty. Would not recommend to families or other people looking for work
Great environment to work in, endless job opportunities and career pathways. Benefits within all areas such as Private health, Hotels, airlines and much more.
Pros
caeer pathways
Cons
Is a nice work environment, but can be a lot of pressure from higher up with limited time to change things. best thing is the families and the staff that work closely together with you. Head Office need to get their things together and pass down the benefits to the staff working within the centers
Pros
Good families
Cons
low pay and terriblemanagement
Brilliant Staff & support from CD . Busy and varied role. No prospect to increase hours or do any further training unless willing to go to Brisbane and the CSO.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
less than 20 hours per week
The budget is ridiculously outdated for the shopping, hard to feed the children good quality healthy meals on the budget given. Especially with allergy and cultural requirements. Good place to work. Lovely people. Great if you are creative and enjoy cooking. Some good benefits and reasonable pay.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Budget constraints.
I loved doing work explication there it was good and everyone was so nice and lovely and they would help me it is a good day care I'd work there full time
Pros
I took lunch
Cons
Full time
Working with children everyday by giving and showing them love, care, support, security, safety and comfort is very rewarding job for me. Striving to become more engaging, interactive, communicative and responsive to them make me feel happy and inspired. Though it is a tough job to take care of the children especially to the children who have separation anxiety but if you have passion, love, sincere care, respect and equal treatment to each individual child, you will reap success and happiness.

The management is very supportive in giving you trainings to enhance your professional development.

The hardest part of the job for me, if your colleague is not doing their initiative, and keep looking at the time.
Pros
Great benefits to the employees especially if you have children in the centre
Cons
No overtime
The company has unrealistic expectations of work in an allocated time frame given. They also expect us to work Saturdays and some week days after work for no wage.
We believe this is unfair as we already work hard without much appreciation.

We are also expected to buy resources for our centre and not be reimbursed. I don't do this its frowned upon, some of us only work casual or part time so don't have many to spare.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
unrealistic expectations, don't feel backed up by management
A great, fun place to work. Supportive management and good salary. The company is very quick to offer training ect to further advance our knowledge and industry professionalism.
The paperwork is the hardest part.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Paperwork
Good people/ work environment to work with. Work with 2 centres in a part time basis. It would nice if it's full time but it's what all needed at this stage.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Only short hours
The staff team needs to be more professional and directors should be taught to be fair and don't show any bias whatsoever. Too much is expected within a short time, that emphasis are more on paper work than the children.
Pros
better salary rate than most long day care.
Cons
Too much paper work
Wanted to experience a nonprofit organisation
See what their good practices guide was all about

What impact/benefits it added to daily routines & practices to our industry.
See what their upgrades where taking environments too
Caring friendly workplace.
Love working as a team and making the job fun.

Good hours and awesome friendshipS.
Always willing to listen and help if needed
Cons
i would help the workers with what needed to be done like helping with the babies and the toddlers and the pre school childern
Pros
lunches
Cons
worst job I've ever had .The pay is worse .Do the shopping on my own .Use my own Car ....Did'nt even have time for a coffee.....
Pros
good hours
Cons
awfull pay
Love the children they are amazing. Great director but very long hours and not enough time programming wise.
Lots of paperwork to do outside of working hours.

Great team.
Pros
Awesome children
Cons
As a casual you don't always have work particularly in Christmas/New Year season.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodStart Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.