Goodyear
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Goodyear:

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
Excellent employer, great working conditions and pay, great cars to work on, great workshop, well equipped, worked at Chelsea Victoria,Workshop from 1/6/2015-30/7/2015, it’s just a shame they didn’t have enough work for me that’s why the position ended as a Qualified Automotive Technician.
Handling customer needs and making recommendations of products. That one hat doesn't fit all. I was the manager in 95% of positions I held. The culture of this main industry in which I worked created in employees a transient mentality. Keeping good quality employees. Maintaining a harmonious working environment between 12 employees at one time and finding reliable replacement staff. Achieving goals and targets set by senior management over 8 years
taking a large commercial branch from a loosing money position to one of the biggest sales and profitable stores out side of Brisbane and receiving the rewards of that achievement.
Although a large company, Goodyear is a very friendly place to work and the teams are quite close knit. It was a lot of fun and they communicate business position regularly and very well.

The culture was good when I was there but be prepared to work hard as it is always on the go.
Pros
Good discounts on products
Paid late all the time and wasn't managed well
Never got paid overtime

And was forced to take on more responsibility and no extra pay.

Manager was an idiot
For a job in a foreign country, it was very good experience learning how to service multiple brands of vehicles. Competitive pay and a reasonable amount of time off are a plus, as well as a very lax working environment.
Pros
Good pay, friendly management.
Cons
New shop, limited equipment.
Diverse, challenging work place. Working with well known and respected brands. Good people dedicated to the business. Some potential for promotion. Does not have a work/life balance culture.
es una compania multinacional con muchas oportunidades de trabajo .
en esta compania aprenderas todo lo concerniente con las llantas y diagnosticos
Co-worker is lazy and constantly complaining about the heat. Typical day can include anywhere from 3 - 10 cars, not including accessory fitting. This co-worker is not reliable at doing his job and would rather stay in the air-conditioned office and leave the work to me. That and not being appreciated for the work I do is probably the hardest part of the job. However, there are good days as well when no one is stressed. These are the days we all get along and everything runs smoothly. I have learned a lot regarding the tyre business while working here and that I can have confidence in myself and my work.
Pros
Cons
unorganised
During my time at Goodyear I learned to fit tyres to passenger, commercial, 4WD, buses and truck vehicles. I was able to assess the cars tyres and alignment and make the adjustments and give advice to the customers as necessary depending on the situation. On a daily basis the team cooperated and worked well with one another during the busy times to get everything done fast and at a high standard. During the quiet times we packed away stock and tidied the store to an acceptable manner, I learned to adapt quickly at a face paced environment and pick up skills quickly and use those skills to better my work and team building ethic.
Pros
Bonds with new people, working in a great environment
Company not doing so well so staff cuts always looking to cut cost and people loosing their jobs. This is not any easy business to work with. People push to breaking point.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No work life balance
Great friendly environment, I enjoy the Customer Relations side of the job. I have learnt a lot in the way of Managing a Workshop although very stressful at times. Co workers are a great bunch of guys.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
This job was very interesting and i worked with alot of good people and i learnt a few good skills..
Learnt a lot about servicing vehicles and what parts are from qualified mechanics, fitting tyres and doing alignments was made easy with there modern and up to date equipment, great people to work for and with which made it easy to get up every day and look forward to going to work.
general running of all stock inwards and outwards.supporting warehouse staff where staff shortages existed.unloading of containers and loading of all outward truck deliveries to customers.
Own office,so time spent there and also in the warehouse.
Really great people to work with
Managers although were terrible. Blamed staff, didn't communicate, gossiped, over worked staff and were never in the office to help solve customer problems.

Very high turn over.

I have heard it has gotten a lot better after I left, new management,
Pros
coffee machine, co-workers, good pay
Cons
high call volume, bad management