Goulburn Valley Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Goulburn Valley Health Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
This place is rife with autocrats and cliques whom thrive on gossip, lies and nepotism, management, employees and medical staff all stalk the halls trading gossip about patients and staff alike and expertly bullying staff by playing victim themselves, therefore, effectively turning their own anti bullying processes on it’s head. Management are either complicit about this or are extremely dim witted, as they still say they don’t know what to do about fixing this toxic culture when the answer is obvious. The result is an extremely toxic culture and great knowledge gaps due to a lot of skilled staff leaving. Although a new hospital is being built the culture is becoming worse.
Hope DHHS steps in soon and drains the swamp.
Pros
Cons
Abusive toxic culture
Great place to work, great culture, supportive team and rewarding work. Management are responsive to concerns. Exciting redevelopment underway which will create a lot of job opportunity.
Pros
Supportive Environment, Good Vision
Do not work for this organization!
Poor communication

Managenent has total lack of respect and support for clinical staff.

Emotional bullying

Lack of team inclusion

More interested in ticking boxes looking good on paper than holistic care

Tightening the purse strings in regard to recruiting good staff on one hand but wasting money with poor productivity and nepotism on the other.
Pros
Appreciative clients
Cons
As listed bullying distespectful of the very staff they employ
It was very active during my placement, a lot of the people there were willing to help he during my time there. The hardest part of being there would be trying to communicate with others because they're older than I.
Awful employer with a culture of bullying, intimidation and management incompetence. My review would mirror the earlier ones relating to a toxic culture of bullying and nepitism... which stems from upper level management and executives who support employees only if they 'agree' with them. Raise your hand and you'll go through the HR process.
Pros
Good union
Cons
Poor management ethic
My review would mirror the earlier ones relating to a toxic culture of bullying and nepitism... which stems from upper level management and executives who support employees only if they 'agree' with them. Raise your hand and you'll get a bullet.
Pros
Central work site
Cons
Poor culture, bullying, nepitism, and blame. Over-worked due to staff shortages and not acknowledged.
Working in ICU make you to be ready to look after wide variety of patients We looking after acutely ill, high dependency and coronary care patients.
I learnt to work as a team played and as an independent practitioner.

Our unit manager very supportive and always listens to our concerns

Our Unit always welcomes new nurses and supports students during placements.

The hardest part of job is night duty

The most enjoyable part of job is satisfaction when critically ill patient recovers from illness and moves to the ward. The other enjoyable part of my job is social interaction with my work mates.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
lack of support from medical staff
Since change of higher management last year there were significant negative change in culture which led to multiple resignations of staff including experienced local employees. Toxic and negative place to work. Clinicians feel overworked, unsupported. Bullying practice. Management doesn't care about staff wellbeing
Pros
Salary
Cons
Culture, management
Not a great place to work. Bullying and lack of concern for staff wellbeing by management has led to multiple resignations which have left clinicians overworked and unsupported.
Pros
Colleagues and easy parking
Cons
Poor culture
very ordinary workplace culture, bullying was rife. No positive action taken to rectify. Poor retention of staff, poor culture, overloaded clinicians due to inability to recruit experienced local employees.
Pros
salary & union
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goulburn Valley Health?
Been a great deal of negative media attention exposing poor culture over 2016. The management exhibits a lack of value toward staff, with Executive management appearing most concerned with economics. Mass exodus in mental health dept. which would appear to support the media's claims.
Pros
Colleagues & salary packaging
Cons
Poor higher management regard for staff well being.
I enjoy working as an independent nurse and also as part of a multidisciplinary team.I enjoy my job,but am looking for a change in scenary and to be near my daughter in the Northern Territory.
Pros
work collegues
Cons
Staff was helpful supportive and friendly throughout my placement. I really had a fantastic time and learnt so much along the way. The things I have learnt will be invaluable to my future career. The staff also made this placement so great
Very busy place to work. Keep you up to date with all mandatory training & PDR's. Very supportive co-workers and supervisors. Hardest part of job was not becoming attached to regular patients. Most rewarding part of job is having satisfied customers :)
Pros
Salary Packaging
Cons
Working Weekends & Public Holidays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goulburn Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6