Goulburn Valley Health Employee Reviews in Shepparton VIC

Do not work for GVHealth!
Allied Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC16 January 2019
Do not work for this organization!
Poor communication
Managenent has total lack of respect and support for clinical staff.
Emotional bullying
Lack of team inclusion
More interested in ticking boxes looking good on paper than holistic care
Tightening the purse strings in regard to recruiting good staff on one hand but wasting money with poor productivity and nepotism on the other.
Pros
Appreciative clients
Cons
As listed bullying distespectful of the very staff they employ
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC3 February 2018
It was very active during my placement, a lot of the people there were willing to help he during my time there. The hardest part of being there would be trying to communicate with others because they're older than I.
Management ineptitude prevades
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Former Employee) –  mental health seymour & shepparton21 January 2018
Awful employer with a culture of bullying, intimidation and management incompetence. My review would mirror the earlier ones relating to a toxic culture of bullying and nepitism... which stems from upper level management and executives who support employees only if they 'agree' with them. Raise your hand and you'll go through the HR process.
Pros
Good union
Cons
Poor management ethic
Awful employer
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shepparton/Seymour VIC15 December 2017
My review would mirror the earlier ones relating to a toxic culture of bullying and nepitism... which stems from upper level management and executives who support employees only if they 'agree' with them. Raise your hand and you'll get a bullet.
Pros
Central work site
Cons
Poor culture, bullying, nepitism, and blame. Over-worked due to staff shortages and not acknowledged.
Productive place serving to local multicultural community
Critical care nurse (Current Employee) –  Shepparton VIC30 June 2017
Working in ICU make you to be ready to look after wide variety of patients We looking after acutely ill, high dependency and coronary care patients.
I learnt to work as a team played and as an independent practitioner.

Our unit manager very supportive and always listens to our concerns

Our Unit always welcomes new nurses and supports students during placements.

The hardest part of job is night duty

The most enjoyable part of job is satisfaction when critically ill patient recovers from illness and moves to the ward. The other enjoyable part of my job is social interaction with my work mates.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
lack of support from medical staff
Very negative and toxic environment
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC1 June 2017
Since change of higher management last year there were significant negative change in culture which led to multiple resignations of staff including experienced local employees. Toxic and negative place to work. Clinicians feel overworked, unsupported. Bullying practice. Management doesn't care about staff wellbeing
Pros
Salary
Cons
Culture, management
Not the place to be
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC14 February 2017
very ordinary workplace culture, bullying was rife. No positive action taken to rectify. Poor retention of staff, poor culture, overloaded clinicians due to inability to recruit experienced local employees.
Pros
salary & union
Cons
Everything else
Very troubled workplace
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC13 February 2017
Been a great deal of negative media attention exposing poor culture over 2016. The management exhibits a lack of value toward staff, with Executive management appearing most concerned with economics. Mass exodus in mental health dept. which would appear to support the media's claims.
Pros
Colleagues & salary packaging
Cons
Poor higher management regard for staff well being.
Productive,easy going workplace.
Continence Nurse Advisor and Prostate Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shepparton VIC11 January 2017
I enjoy working as an independent nurse and also as part of a multidisciplinary team.I enjoy my job,but am looking for a change in scenary and to be near my daughter in the Northern Territory.
Pros
work collegues
Helpful supportive and friendly
Heath Records Service – Practical Placement (Current Employee) –  Shepparton VIC8 August 2016
Staff was helpful supportive and friendly throughout my placement. I really had a fantastic time and learnt so much along the way. The things I have learnt will be invaluable to my future career. The staff also made this placement so great
Had supportive collegues and supervisers. Great salary packaging.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC10 November 2015
Very busy place to work. Keep you up to date with all mandatory training & PDR's. Very supportive co-workers and supervisors. Hardest part of job was not becoming attached to regular patients. Most rewarding part of job is having satisfied customers :)
Pros
Salary Packaging
Cons
Working Weekends & Public Holidays