Government of South Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Government of South Australia Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
loved my job it’s the political agendas of senior public servants that ruined it
Unfortunately there is more political manipulation with senior public servants than politicians .
We had good people with solid business experience within the department for Trade, Tourism and Investment most of whom have been made redundant.

Political agendas drive what should be outcomes focused for the state. Never again!
Pros
International travel, built a fantastic network globally
Cons
Hypocrisy at the highest level, logic does not apply to sound business decisions
Proud place to be
A typical day at work is busy with lots of challenges and change lots of staff to manage. We have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our clients lives. They rely on us for the right administration and help. What I have learned is that change is a given. We must all work together to make a difference knowing that we all play an important part in the bigger picture. Understand your staff needs and how to inspire them to become the best they can be. A wave starts with a small ripple. Diversity and inclusiveness is integral to any workplace. Diversity is here, Inclusion is a choice. Culture of my workplace is friendly, respectful and caring. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping clients through what is probably the most difficult time in their lives. There is a significant difference in providing a service to a client and connecting with the client. Through connection, you truly understand the clients needs and deliver those with empathy and passion.
Pros
Cons
Red tape
Enjoyable fun place to work
Great place to work ,have very good safe work practices,never gets boring.Some days working in heavy traffic can get a bit tricky.All the machine operators ie contract backhoes and bobcats& tip trucks are great blokes to work with they know there stuff and always prepared to help.The only problem with the place is they dont offer permanent positions so no job security and the way govt is heading with privatising who knows what's going to happen
Overall I learned a bit about bitumen and concrete work gained some skill on a roller and tip truck and gained some knowledge on underground services and setting up of light based.and pit and pipe work.
Pros
Night shift pays well
Cons
No job security
Generally a positive experience
Assignment too short to comment, but generally supportive staff and flexible in approach. Supervisors and staff genuinely appreciative of the skill sets and mature experience brought to the position.
Awesome
To be able to volunteer for Government house is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most. But for me to be able to do it multiple times is incredible.
Great if your a graduate
All I can say is that my experience was not always the best. I worked hard and long hours and hoped my loyalty and hard work would be noticed, I was wrong.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Some not nice people
Safe, enjoyable and flexible
I do a lot of field work and therefore travel, which I enjoy.
I engage with stakeholders at many levels and much of my role involves relationship building.
Pros
flexibility
High standard of work with minimal stress
Work at Government house was on a casual basis for functions. This involved attending for up to four hours for tray service and the provision of beverages as required. The service required you to be very aware of the clients requirements and manage service so that ALL the clients were provided with food & drinks. Working as a team we were able to provide service in a promptly & efficiently. As a casual the tasks were often different so balancing the job could prove difficult. Enjoyed meeting new people at every engagement.