GPC Asia Pacific Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GPC Asia Pacific Limited Employee Reviews

The place is nice to work. Has once a month staff appreciation and staff birthday celebrations. On a typical day its busy but very productive.Month end in Finance is very busy and can do long hours.
There is a lot of politics and favouritism within teams and departments. The daughter or son of senior members working in Australia or USA get a lot of special treatment and opportunities. The HR manager is unapproachable and the policies are to favour the senior management mostly. They show off annual events on social media where they always invite the same senior managers of their favourite pets
Pros
Some money coming to your account each month
Cons
Nepotism, politics, low salary package and remote location
Company is extremely reactive, feels like the forward planning is either not there or is not passed down to us so we are constantly behind in what we are asked to do. Because of this we are always a bit in catch up mode, we make it fun though. The banter amongst the team make the role really fun.
A great learning experience with friendly team members; a special mention to the recruitment consultant for being proactive in responding to the queries.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible work hours
Cons
Job can get monotonous
Immediate management in credit is great, but the new recruitment person/process is ridiculous, and almost everyone is on a temporary contract...People who have been there for over 2 years. The pay is poor for the role, and there's absolutely no advancement opportunity in any direction. If you're ok with doing short contracts and doing the same role year after year, they do treat you well and have decent benefits and hold monthly meetings with morning tea. It's not a bad temporary job, but there's really no reward for doing more than expected, while some of the others sit back and stare out the window. Good as a filler job, not a career.
Pros
Immediate management, monthly meetings with morning tea
Cons
No room for advancement, lower pay for similar roles
I love working with GPC Asia Pacific, very interesting working place, always busy and work long hours, good money and onsite car parking, good management.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
more overtime
A typical day for me was get in & get the job done. I learned that u could learn so much more than just one job which i done throughout all departments in the job. I only existed to managment when they needed a job done asap... It was a very multicultral workplace that i loved. The hardest part of the job was managment.. I enjoyed seeing my mates..
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
New leadership is now creating a more collabrative culture. Until now they have operated in silos which has impacted on business strategy successes. The company has just recently changed managment from the top and GM levels.
Pros
People
Cons
- Very busy, Always something to do to keep you busy throughout your day. - New systems, - For the employees - Team players - Frustration with incompetency - Having work mates that you can socialise with outside work
Pros
There is no time for boredom as the position is very busy
Cons
Lack of accountability from warehouse staff in processing of orders
Everyday is busy,still we do fun. A lot of morning teas,learned different new things eg: using software,handling small team,decision making,problem solving,detailing,investigation. co-workers are cooperative and supportive. Solving customer queries over the phone and pressure to clear over dues invoices during month end closing.
Pros
anytime breaks
Cons
excellent organisation to work for. great people and management. focus on safety and people. Training and reviewing processes are on going. Continuous improvement is a primary focus along with people developement
Pros
great people